2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Stop to writte bulshi*s ...POMI beat VAKIFBANK because they were BETTER TEAM and that is it. !!!!

• To sum up awards, because noone did it:

MVP: Francesca Piccinini
    S: Carli Lloyd
    OP: Margareta Kozuch
    OH: Yeon-Koung Kim - Kimberly Hill
    MB: Eda Erdem Dundar - Jovana Stevanovic
    L: Hatice Gizem Orge

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• If I were a coach or a volleyball player of that level, this would be one of the worst insult someone could make me...losing a final because the other possible opponent was more probable, are we talking about amateur volleyball or Champions League?

Couldn't agree more. There's no IF in sports anyways. I'm so happy for Pomí and they are no doubts the queens this year!

• Well Pomi did well against Vakifbank, Lonneke was defended well forcing her to commit errors. The Starting players of Pomi were able to penetrate Vakifs blocks. I was really amazed on how they defended the floor well especially to Robin's attack.

• Erdem apparently is a very lucky woman when it comes to individual awards. She was awarded in ECH last year, realistically her being given an award was not so much expected, simply because they had to give one at least to a Turk since they belonged to top 4. And yesterday too, for sure she played an excellent match against Kazan, yet I'd have given that award to De Kruijf who defended her team umtil the end of the final match.

By the way, I really wonder what Jole Stevanović has in her mind. I presume she will challenge herself signing a Turkish club :rolleyes: I want her to stay in Pomí tho, but I'd be surprised if she really does that.

• Erdem apparently is a very lucky woman when it comes to individual awards. She was awarded in ECH last year, realistically her being given an award was not so much expected, simply because they had to give one at least to a Turk since they belonged to top 4. And yesterday too, for sure she played an excellent match against Kazan, yet I'd have given that award to De Kruijf who defended her team umtil the end of the final match.

By the way, I really wonder what Jole Stevanović has in her mind. I presume she will challenge herself signing a Turkish club :rolleyes: I want her to stay in Pomí tho, but I'd be surprised if she really does that.

Well she got offer in Eczacibasi and I think she can give it a try, to know that her national teammate, Boskovic plays there.

• Gizem as best libero, It's a joke, she was one of the worst Vakifbank's player.

Eda didnt deserve this award, she was not that bad, but neither the best one.

• This miracle of sport is everywhere on the news, on the web, on the newspapers, on Instagram. I didn't see so much attention on volleyball since the Generazione di fenomeni won the third world championship in a row.

Piccinini was on the first page of Gazzetta dello Sport! It's the first time I saw a volleyball player there. :cheesy:

I hope LOCA and her hero won't be too jelous now. :wavy: :rolll:

• This miracle of sport is everywhere on the news, on the web, on the newspapers, on Instagram. I didn't see so much attention on volleyball since the Generazione di fenomeni won the third world championship in a row.

Piccinini was on the first page of Gazzetta dello Sport! It's the first time I saw a volleyball player there. :cheesy:

I hope LOCA and her hero won't be too jelous now. :wavy: :rolll:

Good news for Volleyball.

May I know who is LOCA? :white: :white: :white:

• I am really happy for Picci.. I hope they qualify for RIo and she gets a call, to continue writing history. Pomi's players work great as a team, they are not that spectacular individually but all together they play great.. for example Gibby is such an important player but she wasn't even in the roster for the WCH because of the talent USA has

• I'm so happy that Francesca still can be a key player, such a role model :rose: she deserved it ^^ :cup:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Stevanovic 23 points - 7 blocks
    Eda 20 points - 6 blocks
    Robin - 20 points - 5 blocks
    Rasic 17 points - 2 blocks
    Gibby 17 points - 2 blocks.
    Ditzen 7 points - 0 blocks

Of course Stevanovic was the best middle bocker, I just dont get how Eda was awared best MB.

I am really happy for Picci.. I hope they qualify for RIo and she gets a call, to continue writing history. Pomi's players work great as a team, they are not that spectacular individually but all together they play great.. for example Gibby is such an important player but she wasn't even in the roster for the WCH because of the talent USA has

• They wanted to give an award to Fener and she was the most likely to get one.. although KYK got best OH, so Robin should've been best MB

• This speaker is a nightmare. Mark Lebedew (men volleyball coach) has offered Laola on his FB page to educate their speakers before important matches :D

He definitely needs some educations. I'm no longer blaming for those who cant pronounce Buijs, but leastwise they gotta know what volleyball is. Isn't he the same one that said Alisha and Kimberly are sisters? I'd be happy to have Paul Sunderland back on board.

• During the awarding ceremony he corrected himself and said Picci was a 6th time winner

Bu the way, what's happening to Dietzen's blocks? She no longer blocks like she did a few years ago.

• That's my question too and it's quite mysterious. First off, she made a very bad decision, in Fenerbahce she's not able to play full time and she obviously knew it before signing her name on the contract. In order to show herself up and ensure her spot in US national team, aka a team that is full of talented MBs, she should play regularly and thus far it was not sufficient at all. As expected she's been playing only for CL (mostly). Second off, I assume her old injuries still have been disturbing, otherwise one's motor nerves can't drop that quickly. Of course we never know before she spills everything out herself, but those pretty much make reasonable sense.