2016 CEV Cup

• I can't watch until the end but of what I've seen so far I agree that Maritsa does a very good job. Bogmatser and Teneva provide the necessary experience, both liberos are solid, Sabkova is a good OH that could surely play in a better league. Both MBs seem decent but lack a bit of height to be top players (according to CEV site Dimova is 191 and Grigorova 188 but they look much shorter to me). I think Maritsa's problem is OPP position, the short girl who plays there IMO is the weakest player of the team.

By the way, it's quite funny that in every time-out the lines have to be repaired :lol:

Yes this is very funny. In Plovdiv there are new and much bigger hall and i suppose that these things cannot happen there but maybe this is hall is choosen because of not so big audience who want to watch female volleyball.I hope so that this will not be a reason for injury.

BTW i like very much Tania Sabkova's shirt. :rolll:

• <div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/fr_FR/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/535467873250940/videos/743551629109229/" data-width="500"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite="https://www.facebook.com/535467873250940/videos/743551629109229/"><p>CEV Cup (1/8 finales): VDK Gent - Galatasaray Istanbul: 1-3 (14-25/20-25/25-19/21-25).</p>Posté par <a href="https://www.facebook.com/Volleybalteam-VDK-Gent-dames-A-535467873250940/">Volleybalteam VDK Gent dames A</a> sur&nbsp;<a href="https://www.facebook.com/535467873250940/videos/743551629109229/">jeudi 17 décembre 2015</a></blockquote></div></div>

• Challenge Round
    Galatasaray ISTANBUL (TUR) vs Impel WROCLAW (POL)
    CS Volei Alba BLAJ (ROU) vs SCHWERINER SC (GER) / Khimik YUZHNY (UKR)
    Stiinta BACAU (ROU) / Dinamo KRASNODAR (RUS) vs Allianz MTV STUTTGART (GER)
    Azeryol BAKU (AZE) vs Igor Gorgonzola NOVARA (ITA)

The semi-finals are scheduled for March 8 (home) and 12 (away) with the last stage of the competition following then on March 29 and April 2 with the final matches.

• Challenge Round
    Galatasaray ISTANBUL (TUR) vs Impel WROCLAW (POL)
    CS Volei Alba BLAJ (ROU) vs SCHWERINER SC (GER) / Khimik YUZHNY (UKR)
    Stiinta BACAU (ROU) / Dinamo KRASNODAR (RUS) vs Allianz MTV STUTTGART (GER)
    Azeryol BAKU (AZE) vs Igor Gorgonzola NOVARA (ITA)

The semi-finals are scheduled for March 8 (home) and 12 (away) with the last stage of the competition following then on March 29 and April 2 with the final matches.

Though draw for Galatasaray. But as a team, Galatasaray looks much balanced than Impel, having a more stable opposite, two balanced OHs with great defense skills, most important of all, much better MBs. Gamze is quite inexperienced but I'm sure she will manage it well. All matches look exciting already. My candidates for qualification are: Galatasaray, Schweriner, Dinamo Krasnodar and Novara.

• Novara lose 1:3 against Azeryol and it even could have been 0:3 if Azeryol had finished 3rd set after leading 23:21...looks like Novara doesn't care too much now they're out of CL, they were again without Bonifacio and Chirichella but today played with their junior MB for the first 3 sets before Fabris again took that position.

• Kristin show up as a good prospect.. but since she played in Brazil she it's not more playing on high level... She was Good at Pan American Games last year...

Impe could hire some betters OH instead of Costa and Kristin.. American OH who plays in Dresden seems to be more reliable player

• Gamze has some Antonijevic-like moves.. would be great to see her develop in that way

Do you know why She wasn't in Turkish NT this summer? She plays a Starter since last season at least.. and I saw more Çagla than her in NT

• Kristin show up as a good prospect.. but since she played in Brazil she it's not more playing on high level... She was Good at Pan American Games last year...

Impe could hire some betters OH instead of Costa and Kristin.. American OH who plays in Dresden seems to be more reliable player

Do You mean Gina Mancuso or Michelle Bartsch ?( Mancuso played in Poland in last season (Tauron Dąbrowa Górnicza ^^) and she was far from convincing in some games :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Do You mean Gina Mancuso or Michelle Bartsch ?( Mancuso played in Poland in last season (Tauron Dąbrowa Górnicza ^^) and she was far from convincing in some games :whistle:

Michelle Bartsch, I kind link her game style.. She doesn't fit in USA NT right know i guess because she doesnt have a good reception.. but Krisin and Costa are not doing better than her...

• Michelle Bartsch, I kind link her game style.. She doesn't fit in USA NT right know i guess because she doesnt have a good reception.. but Krisin and Costa are not doing better than her...

well, Costagrande had some worse games at start, but she's not so bad now, on the other hand playing with such "setter" like Radecka doesn't help at all :wavy: and agree that Hildebrand is disappointment, maybe Bartsch wouldn't be worse choice ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Bartsch had many good offers after last season but decided to stay in Dresden because she feels well there. I think she's also not a bad receiver, better than Easy and Klineman for example.

Back to topic, all teams that were relegated from CL lost their challenge round matches :what:

• I like Bartsch and I even watched her while in College, but she is not a world class player yet....

Bartsch had many good offers after last season but decided to stay in Dresden because she feels well there. I think she's also not a bad receiver, better than Easy and Klineman for example.

Back to topic, all teams that were relegated from CL lost their challenge round matches :what:

• Gamze has some Antonijevic-like moves.. would be great to see her develop in that way

From what I read recently, it sounded like there are offers to her. I think it will be quite hard for Galatasaray to keep her next season unless she prefers to stay herself. If she moves to a club, she should find one that she can continuously play. She is definitely more promising than Cagla.

• From what I read recently, it sounded like there are offers to her. I think it will be quite hard for Galatasaray to keep her next season unless she prefers to stay herself. If she moves to a club, she should find one that she can continuously play. She is definitely more promising than Cagla.

I think she should move to another club only if she plays as starter.. being a replacement isn't an option for her to develop IMO. Fener would love to have her, as having a solid local setter would mean so much to them..

• I think she should move to another club only if she plays as starter.. being a replacement isn't an option for her to develop IMO. Fener would love to have her, as having a solid local setter would mean so much to them..

I know another local player that Fener would die to have now: Guldeniz. Her stats are not incredible and I never thought she was an extra ordinary player but she actually is. She makes really few errors, does everything in a proper level and fight for every single ball until the very end, bringing an amazing fire to the team. Fenerbahce could benefit a lot from having her instead of Bosetti this season. For Gamze, it would be great for her to go to Vakifbank or abroad likes Cannes where she can work with good coaches. If Naz keeps asking for a high wage with her recent performance, I'm sure Guidetti might look for cheaper alternatives.

• Novara and Azeryol Baku in Golden set now. Novara won 3-1 to force the golden set. Azeryol is up 8-5 in Golden set