2016 CEV Cup

• Azeryol holds on in Golden set and wins 15-13. Bad result for Novara who likely spent a lot of money on bad transfers including the mid season transfer of Fawcett who has not produced all that well since arriving in Italy.

• Fawcett scored 11 points in 3 sets, almost 4 points each set, which is the average score for an OH. The problem is that Sansonna isn't such a solid passer at high level, so she can't really play in a 2 players reception line. Cruz struggled as well.

They should find a way to play with Fawcett and Fabris together. Something like 2 opposite on court, like Spes Conegliano and VakifBank used to do. Or someone has to learn passing as soon as possible, but I don't see this happening.

• Who is Sansonna?

Anyways, Novara should play with Malesevic instead of Fawcett.

Fawcett scored 11 points in 3 sets, almost 4 points each set, which is the average score for an OH. The problem is that Sansonna isn't such a solid passer at high level, so she can't really play in a 2 players reception line. Cruz struggled as well.

They should find a way to play with Fawcett and Fabris together. Something like 2 opposite on court, like Spes Conegliano and VakifBank used to do. Or someone has to learn passing as soon as possible, but I don't see this happening.

• And Samanta Fabris with amazing 33 points, 5 blocks :super:

• Novara is like joke, simply no planning in transfer and matches. If you have OHs like Cruz, Bosetti and Malasevic, you better pay to a better receiving libero and increase receiving rates upto 50% perfect. Then add 2 scorer MBs and things work great. If you want an attacking OH, then transfer one. Fawcett is a very good opposite but not that strong attacking from zone 4. It feels like, their manager picked one great player per position but never thought how these players can work together. Signorille for instance, is she a type of setter that can play with this kind of attackers? It's annoying to see how some spoiled managers waste sponsors' money such badly.

A big applaud to Galatasaray Daikin, simply ruined Impel again after a bad 1st set. I actually believe that they might finish the playoffs 3rd this season and push Eczaci out of Champions league. Btw, what is wrong with Skowronska? I never watched her this bad. I must add that, Kristin is done as a player, her next stop should be a lower league.

• Novara is like joke, simply no planning in transfer and matches. If you have OHs like Cruz, Bosetti and Malasevic, you better pay to a better receiving libero and increase receiving rates upto 50% perfect. Then add 2 scorer MBs and things work great. If you want an attacking OH, then transfer one. Fawcett is a very good opposite but not that strong attacking from zone 4. It feels like, their manager picked one great player per position but never thought how these players can work together. Signorille for instance, is she a type of setter that can play with this kind of attackers? It's annoying to see how some spoiled managers waste sponsors' money such badly.

A big applaud to Galatasaray Daikin, simply ruined Impel again after a bad 1st set. I actually believe that they might finish the playoffs 3rd this season and push Eczaci out of Champions league. Btw, what is wrong with Skowronska? I never watched her this bad. I must add that, Kristin is done as a player, her next stop should be a lower league.

I guess you didn't watch her in the OQT in Ankara! :white:

• I guess you didn't watch her in the OQT in Ankara! :white:

She didn't play a great tournament but had some good matches like against Russia for instance. In this match now, she made 6 errors, 4 times blocked, killed only 7 balls, with 21%.

• How do you see the teams' chances to qualify further?

I did not watch much of Schweriner's matches but I know Geerties is a dangerous player and both Brandt and Hanke are experienced. Their style looks similar to Galatasaray's, playing a fast game.

Dinamo Krasnodar looks like a strong candidate but Koshaleva has a small ankle injury and Malykh is far from her last year's performance. I wonder how good they will play against Apitz, who also likes to play really fast. Too bad that Azeryol has few good attackers.

• Galatasaray doesn't allow Schwerin to enter the game at all :white: Great serving, good block-defense and good attacks.

I'm quite surprised. I now Ziegler-Geerties duo are not the best attackers but their receiving stats looked much better than this.

• CSM Bucurest beat Bursa :white:

• Kosheleva is not gonna play tonight against Galatasaray due to her injury (?!). Turkish fans will be dissapointed, it would be a pleasure to watch her live. :down: