2016 CEV Cup

• Sincerely I expected more from Galatasaray. They won so of course they have an advantage but I think that they could have been more focused and cinic and close it 3-1 (or even 3-0). They dominated the game in the first and third but in the Second and fourth they didn't put much effort and Krasnodar didn't do anything special. Now they have to go to Russia and if Kosheleva manages to recover it can be harder.

If Kosheleva plays, there is no chance for Galatasaray. The only possibility is acing them like 6-7 times per set but I don't think even Kosheleva is that bad in receiving. Today, Pasynkova's return made a difference, she was solid in most parts but I'm sure Galatasaray will prepare more for destroying their receiving line next time. Krasnodar's middles contributed heavily today and that was another thing Galatasaray was not prepared for. Guldeniz and Leys has to put more on the plate in Galatasaray's side, attacking around 25% is quite unacceptable considering they often attack against a single or bad block.

• It's a damn hard job for the referees when they can't trust the line judges because there is no way knowing when they're right and when they're patriotic. And they've been patriotic quite a few times today...

I think you're confusing contempt with patriotism. The €3bln installments coming from our deep pockets only help here.

• [url]https://www.instagram.com/p/BDjQl2Cv7zC/?taken-by=kosheleva11[/url]

Today was the first match of the finals EKB between my team and the Turkish club Galatasaray.All my life I respect and love everyone in our world.For me unimportant skin color, religion and country.I m sure that we should always respect everybody.But the what I saw today in the game, frightened and put me in shok. Turkish funs was more than adequately, their words and gestures showed all the hatred toward us.With the crowd on our heads flew garbage.A most important shock to me was when the head coach of Galatasaray showed me the f*ck and stuff our my team.After this I want to say that people do not forget that this is a sport that should bring happy, excitement, support, and not what I saw.Let s to be kinder, more cultured and just believe in my team. Sorry my English not so good

• Dang! A lot of Turkish fans are really "passionate". And I dont mean that in a good way. Volleyball is about sportsmanship. It also brings entertainment but some fans are taking it way too high.

Kosheleva even said that she will play Volleyball anywhere because she believes that Sports should not hold any politics between countries. Even when other Russian players refused to play in Ankara, she said she would still go. It's just sad that what she said really happened.

• Dang! A lot of Turkish fans are really "passionate". And I dont mean that in a good way. Volleyball is about sportsmanship. It also brings entertainment but some fans are taking it way too high.

Kosheleva even said that she will play Volleyball anywhere because she believes that Sports should not hold any politics between countries. Even when other Russian players refused to play in Ankara, she said she would still go. It's just sad that what she said really happened.

And somebody will say that you're just grumbling :rolleyes: I overall agree with you.
    I don't know from what she got that feeling, probably due to the fact that she was showing the opponent's tactical signs?

• for heart broken, Kosheleva must use more heart medication. No doping in sport! :mad:

soccer fans in volleyball halls are not nice. The soldiers and military marches in halls are better. polyushka polye is best :D

• Emil yes, it is because of that. I really didnt understand what she want to do :rolll:
    I'm so soryy for all those.I wish she could tell exactly tell "everything" Because there were a lot of wrong movement in the match.
    Anyway both sides are wrong for me(ofc fans are wrongest :D) :read:
    Fair play is all we need! ahahah I'm agree with you mumin16 soldiers are best one :heart:

• I love Kosheleva, not because she is being one of the best players in the world but also because I really loved her declarations so far and thought she was smart. I know Ataman too, he is not a kind of man that would put a player infront of all the fans without a good reason. What do you guys think Guidetti would do in such a case? I think he would burn down the hall. Ataman is inexperienced, he tried to warn the second referee several times and in the end he had to go himself and yell at Kosheleva and Krasnodar's staff.

What happened is simple: Kosheleva and Krasnodar technical staff sitting with her was using signs and showing all the serve tactics Ataman was telling to his servers, this happened in almost all of the serves. I also read that same happened with Gamze's tactics on the court. Now is this really fair play? Galatasaray has the home advantage and gets 0 info about Krasnodar's tactics while Krasnodar players already know what will happen, in an away match. This is not fair play and very ugly. Ataman did not show her his middle finger but yelled instead.

Today, Yucekök reported and summarised what happened in the hall, he admitted that fans sweared to Kosheleva and throw a couple of things but this was a very minor event. There was nothing racist towards her or Russian players, I dont think there is any racist word in Turkish towards Russians. He also added that Sokolova made an ugly hand sign towards the fans in the end of the match.

In the dialogue Yucekök and Ataman had yesterday, Yucekök claimed that Kosheleva can stop dreaming about the fat contract she made with one of the Turkish clubs for next season after her instagram declaration. Ataman said, they present ugly behaviours but we will still forget it and welcome them. I guess Kosheleva was on the way to Eczacibasi...

• I don't like Ataman's behavior and this is not the first time.. if you remember what happened in Galatasaray - Fenerbahce match you will see that he was responsible of everything, instead of calming himself and his players he add fuel to the fire.. the referee mistakes are part of the game and he should understand this.
    I don't know exactly what happened with Kosheleva.. maybe what she did is not fair play but as i said Ataman's should stay calm in these situations because there's no need to add fuel to the fire especially when you are playing in a hall full of tense as yesterday.. Ataman can easily talk and complains to the referee or the CEV supervisor not to argue with Kosheleva.

I don't get why Kosheleva should stop dreaming about her contract with a Turkish club.. i don't think she said anything bad on her instagram post, at least about Turkey.

It's going to be an intersting match if Kosheleva could recover and play on saturday .

• Kosheleva hasn't even been in the roster for Krasnodar for weeks now, I don't see how she can make a miracle recovery within 5 days and not only be able to play but be able to play on her usual level. If she's really so badly injured that she couldn't do anything for weeks, she won't risk her health now for that match I guess...

• Kosheleva hasn't even been in the roster for Krasnodar for weeks now, I don't see how she can make a miracle recovery within 5 days and not only be able to play but be able to play on her usual level. If she's really so badly injured that she couldn't do anything for weeks, she won't risk her health now for that match I guess...

I agree. I dont think she will play at all. But seriously, was it an ankle injury? I know Centoni had one but she was back in 3 weeks and she is a really high jumper compared to Kosheleva. Galatasaray can actually close the match 3-1 in Russia if they learnt from their mistakes from the last match. I don't think Krasnodar can improve their receiving in only 4 days.

• It seems like another drama is being made, I wish Kosheleva added what she actually did as well. As much as I like her, it's unfair to hear from only one side. Yet, I don't think swearing and throwing things to a player (although she doesn't even understand turkish) is a small event.

Back to an actual volleyball discussion - Krasnodar is a complete joke and they are demonstrating themselves how bad the whole team can play when there's no sufficient team spirits and motivations. They will simply lose to Galatasaray. It was my 1st time watching the Turkish club yesterday anyway and at least they aren't as bad organized as the Russian one. I'm just getting sick of those uneducated football fans coming to watch volleyball (which is supposed to be a gentle sport) and ruin the court.

• Do we have any actual evidence that Kosheleva and her staff showed Galatasaray's tactics to the players? And even if so, you guys really think this is something unusual? There are scouts sitting behind the court in every match, and they're certainly not wearing their headphones for decoration...

• Do we have any actual evidence that Kosheleva and her staff showed Galatasaray's tactics to the players? And even if so, you guys really think this is something unusual? There are scouts sitting behind the court in every match, and they're certainly not wearing their headphones for decoration...

I think that's usual but when your opponent feels oddly offended, that's a different story. I'm really curious why the Turkish guys cursed and threw things to her, there must have been a reason to do that...

• The thing with Kosheleva is, she is an appreciated player by most volleyball fans in Turkey compared to other Russian players like Gamova or Goncharova who are being more provocative at times. From what I watched, players that were serving went to Ataman and told something and then Ataman went to the second referee and complained, like 2-3 times as well as to the desk and main referee. Then when things continued in the same way, he walked close to where Kosheleva sat and told things to her while she got really surprised. That was probably the moment fans got angry at her as well, not sure what they sweared and I did not see anything being thrown at her.

I agree Matthias about the communication between stats staff and the head coach. But stats staff are there too keep the stats not deliver instant info to the coach. I think Kosheleva was informing the players directly somehow, not sure how though. It is also quite funny that Galatasaray actually served amazing and crashed Krasnodar first and third set while their serves were not as strong in 2nd and 4th set, the sets Kosheleva was sitting behind the Galatasaray's servers. I think that is just a coincidence though.

I also agree about the football fans but honestly, I dont think they were bad this time, mostly supported the team during the match.

Hope we will watch a good match saturday! :box:

• I agree Matthias about the communication between stats staff and the head coach. But stats staff are there too keep the stats not deliver instant info to the coach. I think Kosheleva was informing the players directly somehow, not sure how though. It is also quite funny that Galatasaray actually served amazing and crashed Krasnodar first and third set while their serves were not as strong in 2nd and 4th set, the sets Kosheleva was sitting behind the Galatasaray's servers. I think that is just a coincidence though.

Very shaky as for me. Is it prohibited by any regulations or it is just a local Turkish tradition that the guest teams are not allowed to pass the "instant info"? How much info can one pass using gestures from a 30m distance? What makes you think that the Galatasaray staff wasn't doing anything like that? I'm sure they did unless they're mentally challenged. Of note, the Ref was fully aware of this situation and no action was taken as you could see e.g. here from 7 min onwards. BTW, the Galatasaray guys are clearly visible there sitting behind the Krasnodar team and their hands are also in the air.

You know, you kind of start with the assumption that a Turk is always right whatever the Turk does. But then the bashibazouk Ataman could have been annoyed with e.g. Kosheleva's dress code (lack of burka ono) and it could have very much been Galatasaray who spilled the water when switching the sides during the tie-break. How much are those "fair play" arguments worth when the only problem of the game was that the <local> line judges gave 10+ points to the home team and the First Ref was unsure whether she would be released alive from the hall had she confronted the cheaters? Would be an excellent game if Krasnodar comes up with the same line judge strategy - but where would the sport end up if everyone goes along this nationalistic avenue?

• Very shaky as for me. Is it prohibited by any regulations or it is just a local Turkish tradition that the guest teams are not allowed to pass the "instant info"? How much info can one pass using gestures from a 30m distance? What makes you think that the Galatasaray staff wasn't doing anything like that? I'm sure they did unless they're mentally challenged. Of note, the Ref was fully aware of this situation and no action was taken as you could see e.g. here from 7 min onwards. BTW, the Galatasaray guys are clearly visible there sitting behind the Krasnodar team and their hands are also in the air.

You know, you kind of start with the assumption that a Turk is always right whatever the Turk does. But then the bashibazouk Ataman could have been annoyed with e.g. Kosheleva's dress code (lack of burka ono) and it could have very much been Galatasaray who spilled the water when switching the sides during the tie-break. How much are those "fair play" arguments worth when the only problem of the game was that the line judges gave 10+ points to the home team and the First Ref was unsure whether she would be released alive from the hall had she confronted the cheaters? Would be an excellent game if Krasnodar comes up with the same line judge strategy - but where would the sport end up if everyone goes along this nationalistic avenue?

The only thing I can tell to this comment is, Ataman's wife is also on the court, playing with very tight shorts and arms open jersey. I didn't say Ataman was right or Galatasaray fans were right, I'm just trying to report events from their perspective.

For more serious readers, this is Ataman's statement in English, published in Galatasaray's homepage: http://galatasaray.org/haber/v…neyligils-statement/32128

I hope they will handshake and close this issue in Russia before or after the match.

• The only thing I can tell to this comment is, Ataman's wife is also on the court, playing with very tight shorts and arms open jersey. I didn't say Ataman was right or Galatasaray fans were right, I'm just trying to report events from their perspective.

For more serious readers, this is Ataman's statement in English, published in Galatasaray's homepage: http://galatasaray.org/haber/v…neyligils-statement/32128

I hope they will handshake and close this issue in Russia before or after the match.

A year ago this business wouldn't have made a story as there is nothing essentially sensational in here. But now things are somewhat different and I have to say this is exactly the data that the Rus mainstream media are craving for. So I don't think it is under the control of the volleyball community.

Regarding Ataman... do you know the chap who wrote the following at some point? The story is vastly a copy-cat albeit the Turk has expressed himself publicly and the addressee was the prima donna of the Rus NT. It is good that he's attempting to minimise the damage now.

Looks like Ngapeth is in trouble and I bet he will ruin his own career soon with this attitude. Fortunately history doesnt keep record of players with such attitude and instead highlights the ones that behave professional while being best of the world.