CEV Champions League 2017

• I can't see Amber playing opposite. She has OH and MB style. And the czech MB completely useless. They're playing with half of the net again. This time Kadie is the player to go, before it was Liz. Sheshenina keeps he show going on. :white:

Liz looks slow and tired and hurting and worn out from being the go-to scorer all season. I thought overall that the Dresden middles were too slow to block . . . they were hit over or through again and again, not even getting touches. Katerinburg hit 51% on the match. If not for the fact Liz needs a rest, I think we'd see Amber at middle before long. But Waibl has no other good option at opposite right now, and it is clear that he needs one. Think about the drop off on this team at almost every position from last year's starters:

Slay / Onyejekwe to Cooper / Johnson
    Mikhailenko / Lippmann to McMahon / A. Rolfzen
    Barstch to Schwabe / Birks
    Dijkema to Apitz / Smutna

And last year's team barely made it into the playoff round.

I just don't believe Dresden is a CL-level team this year.

Perhaps the coach should have spent more time recruiting CL-level players than coaching the Czech Republic NT all summer. And maybe finding a setter who can set the middles with something other than a paintbrush attack.

Just sayin' . . .

• Gio getting red, redyellow and red/yellow in one action. Means he is disqualified for the rest of the game and maybe for some more matches... Excellent job mister Guidetti!

And he's still talking to players in time-out from behind the bench and with his assistants in between sets :down: :down: :down:

The two things he'll never learn is to respect referees even when they make mistakes and to understand that losing his temper always harms his team.

And now he's back on the sideline :what: That's wrong, referee clearly banned him for the whole match with his cards, so why does he allow him in there now?

• And he's still talking to players in time-out from behind the bench and with his assistants in between sets :down: :down: :down:

The two things he'll never learn is to respect referees even when they make mistakes and to understand that losing his temper always harms his team.

And now he's back on the sideline :what: That's wrong, referee clearly banned him for the whole match with his cards, so why does he allow him in there now?

That's the same thing I saw. Waiting for the replay on Laola...

• One thing I like about him though is that he also uses the 3+1 rule in Champions League which makes VakifBank such a consistent team.

PS: I decided Zhu is the best player in the world after seeing her in like this in VakifBank. :box:

• Any thoughts on the final encounter of the day between St-Raphael and Dabrowa Gornicza?

Dabrowa are beat up with injuries, and no longer have Regan Hood in the squad, which is surely a big loss. St- Raphael on the other hand, has had a poor 1st half of the season in the league, but have started to play better recently, namely beating Le Cannet 3-2. Bookies are favouring Dabrowa quite a bit, but Im not sure I agree, especially as St-Raphael will have the home crowd behind them.

Thoughts??

• any link for the replay ?

http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/vi…kifbank-istanbul-full-len

Just saw the replay. Although I'm really convinced the ref showed Guidetti also the red and yellow card in separate hands, it is not shown in the replay. If they didn't showed the cards separate, it was right he came back to coach in the 5th set. However, it was really obvious Guidetti still instructing and coaching his players in the 4th set (Naz during the time-out), which should not be allowed after sending of for the whole set.

• Kosheleva had 27% excellent reception (worst in the match), made 5 reception errors (worst in the match with Ayca) and was 2/19 on attack :white:

• omg Guidetti may be one of the greatest coaches but he's also a major douchebag... his behaviour today, leaving Dutch girls... just makes you wanna punch him lol... I like Vakifbank but I'd like to see them loose just because of the coach haha

• Kosheleva should have been replaced in the 1st set. Baladin did a great job, if she had started in the 2nd set maybe the outcome could have been different. Boskovic outscored Zhu 27 vs 23.

I wonder what Sloetjes`s haters will say about her now, today she scored 21 points, including 3 aces.

The US has no pro League, but we can say they have a team in Dresden, half of the players are American. But I agree with whoever said this Dresden level is not enough to be playing CL. Would be nicer if Schwerin was playing instead.

• Lol I don't know if I'm one of the people you're referring to but I just want to point out that there is a difference between hating someone and giving someone constructive critique... I was really happy to see Sloetjes playing like Sloetjes again. But she was underperforming earlier this season that's a fact.

Kosheleva is one of my favourite players as well but she was terrible today and maybe even a big reason of Ecz loss today. Doesn't mean I hate her now xD

• Lol I don't know if I'm one of the people you're referring to but I just want to point out that there is a difference between hating someone and giving someone constructive critique... I was really happy to see Sloetjes playing like Sloetjes again. But she was underperforming earlier this season that's a fact.

Kosheleva is one of my favourite players as well but she was terrible today and maybe even a big reason of Ecz loss today. Doesn't mean I hate her now xD

I know what u saying, but some people were saying Sloetjes was doing so terrible that she was still only playing because Guiddet is ( was) the Dutch coach. Some people just wanted her to play bad and ignore her performance last season and in the OG for example.