You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Gamze Alikaya, Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak, Saori Kimura

Monday, January 16th 2017, 3:02pm

Guys among Brakocevic's current shape and Neslihan's current shape who would you pick??

Neslihan has been playing OH for a while but i dont think she would be that effienct if played OPP of this wonderful Eczacıbaşı team
on the other hand, i dont think Brako is/would be that efficient than Neslihan if Neslihan played OPP
if im not mistaken Brako has been playing with a poor percent except 1 or two matches since the beginning of the season
of course she may need some more time
I would pick Neslihan. The reason is Neslihan has great technical skills while Brakocevic relies a lot on her power. Brakocevic is like a white Diouf with better tehnique. The closest I can get to Neslihan is Centoni. The problem with players that rely on their power is, their level drops significantly with the age, after giving birth etc, which explains why Brakocevic is far from her Vakifbank times. Unfortunately most opposites have similar profile such as Boskovic, Goncharova, Diouf...However Neslihan can score at any age simply because she can send the ball wherever she wants on the court easily. Its sad though that she can't generate as much power as she used to. That is mainly because compared to other players, she uses her shoulder only to hit hard, not the full, explosive approach. Not that I forgot her nickname "Iron lady" :box:

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Gamze Alikaya, Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak, Saori Kimura

Monday, January 16th 2017, 3:07pm

Third set of Connegliano - Modena match should be shown as a lecture to all setters, simply to show how a setter shouldnt play and how a setter can destroy her team all alone. Ferretti is not only predictable but also lacks precision. I don't remember a single time Brakocevic could hit the ball comfortably. And why so many sets to zone 6 to Bosetti?

MariaOzawaFan

Intermediate

• "MariaOzawaFan" is male

Favourite Team: MTV Stuttgart, VC Wiesbaden

Friday, January 20th 2017, 11:01am

Dinamo Krasnodar may boycott the next match of the Champions League

http://www.russiavolley.com/9112/dinamo-…ampions-league/

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 6:33pm

i dont know if Larson will play against Uralocka or not but it can be a tough match in Russia but i say again what i said before : EcV is supposed to overcome this situation with the current team
meso mi ra se beno...

Tuesday, January 24th 2017, 4:17pm

Rachael has been underpeforming this season.. she's really far from the way she played in Conegliano, and not close to her NT performance too.. I know she is a hard player to set, it too Alisha 3 years (in NT and in Conegliano too) to figure out how to set he, but she is not even blocking as she was

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Tuesday, January 24th 2017, 5:34pm

I feel like Kosheleva's reception has got worse lately.

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Tuesday, January 24th 2017, 5:41pm

I feel like Kosheleva's reception has got worse lately.

She got to start somewhere.
I feel really bad for her though. She could have become in talks as the best OHs in the world of her time if she can receive the ball in good percentage with a pretty decent volume.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 5:35pm

Any info on Fetisova?
2nd game without her (was not in roster in league game and now not starter).

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 5:39pm

Cansu playing as main setter for Vakifbank today and she's doing a very good job. Not that Dresden is causing them any problems anyway :whistle:

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 6:23pm

There are no good Russian teams at the moment...
But good effort from Krasnodar!

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth, Urnaut; Fê Garay, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 6:54pm

Quick question: how old is Chemik's coach? :what: He looks younger than me and I'm 26. lol
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Phil

Professional

• "Phil" is male

Favourite Team: Atom Trefl - Azeryol - Vakıfbank - Modena - RC Cannes

Favourite Players: Chen Wan Ting, Nootsara Tomkom, Maja Ognjenović, Neslihan Demir, Samanta Fabris, Anna Werblińska, Erika Coimbra, Erika Araki, Piyanut Pannoy

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 6:57pm

Quick question: how old is Chemik's coach? :what: He looks younger than me and I'm 26. lol

He's 30 :D

7UP

Receiver

• "7UP" is male

Favourite Team: NT: Poland (Women)

Favourite Players: Gosia Glinka, Anna Werblińska

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 7:16pm

Polish NT with Veljkovic is playing best match this season so far :) Superb match by Smarzek, if Bricio is called the future star, then she is totally overshadowing Mexican.

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 7:24pm

Conegliano are being embarrassed at the moment :white:
Really bad at all parts of the game. I'd say they need Skorupa, but even she couldn't save this dreadful reception

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 7:27pm

Polish NT with Veljkovic is playing best match this season so far :) Superb match by Smarzek, if Bricio is called the future star, then she is totally overshadowing Mexican.
At the beginning I was, they need to take Smarzek out, she` cant pass at all...but now she`s doing great. And I just found out she`s only 21, I like her.

WorldOfvolleyball posted saying Conegliano wants to host the F4, and someone replied saying that was a smart move because they probably would not make to the final 4 on their own.... I think I have to agree with this person.

Fawcett only plays good when the whole team is playing good. But when they are struggling and need the OP to set up and kill some balls, she just disappears.

Now with Ortolani/Cella and Bricio playing better Conegliano is back in the game.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rbdfabio" (Jan 25th 2017, 7:38pm)

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 7:53pm

This match is a little weird. All the sets are one-sided. Makes for an interesting 5th :box:

Phil

Professional

• "Phil" is male

Favourite Players: Chen Wan Ting, Nootsara Tomkom, Maja Ognjenović, Neslihan Demir, Samanta Fabris, Anna Werblińska, Erika Coimbra, Erika Araki, Piyanut Pannoy

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 7:57pm

WorldOfvolleyball posted saying Conegliano wants to host the F4, and someone replied saying that was a smart move because they probably would not make to the final 4 on their own.... I think I have to agree with this person.

I guess Volero will host the Final Four tournament.

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 8:08pm

Volero again? Oh no. I guess the same theory goes to them, they only reach the Final 4 when they host. Would be more fair to have either Vitra or Vakf hosting.

Phil

Professional

• "Phil" is male

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 8:14pm

Volero again? Oh no. I guess the same theory goes to them, they only reach the Final 4 when they host. Would be more fair to have either Vitra or Vakf hosting.

Again? Last year it was Italy. Poland was host in 2015, Azerbaijan 2014, Turkey 2013.

Wednesday, January 25th 2017, 8:18pm

Oh I got confused with the Club WC, Volero hosted 2013/2014/2015

Social bookmarks