CEV Champions League 2017

• they are thinking on their fat pockets filled with cash if that was the case they could host the final 4 in russia or poland or switzerland if the issuen here is safety

Eh those leagues are weak.

Anyway, italy deserves this after Pomi are unable to defend their crown.

Maybe it could help in having 3 Italian teams back in CL by upping their coefficient in CEV ranking.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I would give Italy 4 spots in CL and Turkey 4 spots to.

• they are thinking on their fat pockets filled with cash if that was the case they could host the final 4 in russia or poland or switzerland if the issuen here is safety

True
    If they want money CL FF host would be Volero, one of 3 Turkish teams or Dinamo Moscow. Only what will they have in Italy is full venue with amazing fans.

crovolley, I actually think Shiznut81 is saying exactly the opposite of what you said.
    I think he meant that they choose Italy instead of Russia/Poland/Switzerland because of the money.
    For the record I agree with you, it's hard for me to believe that Conegliano had more money that other teams in these countries...

About the all situation, I know I'm partial but I can't see why an Italian team couldn't be chosen, except may be the fact that last year the host was an Italian team too. But that could also be a plus, a prove that it can work out well.
    In the specific case, I don't think Conegliano (especially after the last new/old entries) has so much to envy to not-Turkish teams, that I assumed weren't considered by default for the security issue.

What I didn't like at all is the fact that in both cases the host was decided before the pool standings were definitive: I don't find it fair, even if – for what I understood – if you don't qualify you won't be in the Final4 anyway (not sure about it, though). At least waiting the end of the pools to pick the host should be a must.

About the fact that all the teams should do the play off in order to get to the final 4, I think it would be theoretically fair, but not so practical... And obviously less rewarding for CEV, economically speaking :P
    I can only see three alternative, and for me only the first it's good enough.
    - host the final 4 in a neutral arena (pro: everybody has to qualify; vs: no home team. It works in Italian Cups Final 4, for example, but the distance are very different; the other question is: who is going to pay for it? It should be CEV – as the Italian Cup is payed by LegaVolley, for what I know – so they should give up the money given by the host team and also pay for it! I wouldn't have problem for that, but I guess CEV president won't agree :P )
    - play the semifinals and the final as the play off, with an home and an away matches (as CEV Cup, for example). I honestly don't like that solution, I found it less attractive and less affordable by the fans, both the fans or the teams involved and the 'general' volleyball fans that juts want to enjoy an hopefully amazing volleyball week end. One thing is going in a specific place for a whole week end of volleyball, another thing is attending a match in another country on a Wednesday evening...
    - postponing a lot the final4, to give to one of the semifinalist enough time to organize the hosting. Very unpractical, imho, also because the calendar would get crazy.

• For me the best solution would be to just make it simple.
    No need to have a "Weekend Final 4".

The teams just play like they normally would. The 4 best qualifies to the semi-finals. Let`s pretend the semis would be Vitra vs Modena and Vakfibank vs Moscow. Then Modena host Vitra and Vakfibank host Moscow. They play the final on the following week, and just decided which finalist will host.

• For me the best solution would be to just make it simple.
    No need to have a "Weekend Final 4".

The teams just play like they normally would. The 4 best qualifies to the semi-finals. Let`s pretend the semis would be Vitra vs Modena and Vakfibank vs Moscow. Then Modena host Vitra and Vakfibank host Moscow. They play the final on the following week, and just decided which finalist will host.

if i got it right..wouldnt it be unfair to the other teams in semi finals which were not the host ( to Ecv and Moscow in your case)

• I don`t think so...because once you make to the semis it does not really matters if you are hosting or not. Yeah there`s might be a little advantage, but that happens anytime during any competition, the "normal" hosting advantage. ( Right now Conegliano got a huge advantage not having to play "anymore" to get there and will have the advantage of being the host)

But at least you would have 4 finalist that secured their spot in the semis by playing and not by just being the host.

Or just wait to see who the 4 semi-finalist are and choose one of them to be the 'Final 4" host.

if i got it right..wouldnt it be unfair to the other teams in semi finals which were not the host ( to Ecv and Moscow in your case)

• having 4 deserved semi finalist would be much better ..on the other hand,though it'd b practically hard but the host could have been from another country other than countries of semi finalist

no adv to an of the teams...an equal environment to all semi finalists would be pretty good

• Last year I was in montichiari for F4, everything was perfect especially Pomi's fans. Yeah my team couldn't win at the final but I have very good memories. Now time for another f4 which makes me happy and can't wait to be there again. Italian clubs know how they can change it as a show, you do not watch not only volleyball.
    Just a question: Is conegliano's hall enough big for this tournament? Last year pomi had to change their hall and i don't wanna change my flight ticket again.

• No need to have a "Weekend Final 4".

That's the beauty of it, for me! The fact that it's a full-volleyball week end with fans from 4 different teams meeting there, plus many volleyball lovers not necessarily fans of a specific team!
    Much more entertaining (much more 'big event') than something similar to the CEV Cup schedule, in my modest opinion.
    It would be something that involves all volleyball lovers, while your suggestion in my opinion would practically involves only the fans of the two teams that play...

In your case I would still prefer semifinals and final of two matches, one at home and one away (with golden set if needed). The problem is it would need a month (one match for week) instead of a week end...

• Just a question: Is conegliano's hall enough big for this tournament?

On all the articles they specifically indicated Palaverde (Treviso, where Conegliano plays) as the chosen arena, so I think it's ok... Or at least they are sure it's ok, otherwise they would have suggested another arena since the beginning as Perugia did. I don't now if CEV had already checked it's ok before naming the host, I honestly thought so.

May be you should write to Conegliano staff and ask for it...

• I think it is kind of ridiculous that Conegliano have been chosen. They are 2nd in their group atm and could easily finish 3rd.

I never really liked the idea of a F4 host being chosen, but if you're gonna do it you've gotta give it to a team that is gonna qualify anyway.

Also, it will now be very difficult for Chemik to progress unless they can win their group as they are probably not gonna catch Dinamo/Volero or Vakif/Eczacibasi

• I have no idea who the other 3 semi-finalist will be. But I`m just assuming it would be a really sock if both Vitra and Vakfibank does not make it there.

But if they do make to the semis I hope it wont be they both playing vs each other. Conegliano needs to play against the strongest out of the 3 teams, to be fair.

• Only tournament that the host directly qualifies for the semi. There should be seeding so strong teams play the weaker ones to be more fair but I guess its only wishful thinking. I want to see Turkey have all 3 teams in the semis lol.

• Although I'm a Conegliano fan, I don't like too the idea of "buying" a F4 spot rather than - or before - earning it...
    Yet let me ask: leaving aside the Turkish teams (safety reasons working against them), do you know of any other club (ranking 1st or 2nd in their CL pools) that applied to organize the F4?

On the hall choice: last year the final in Montichiari was attended by 4200 persons, in a venue whose capacity is officially 4300 (according to Wikipedia). Treviso's Palaverde sits about 5300, so...

• And Telecom wins the first set against Chemik. See, I`ve been telling you guys they are not that weak as a lot of people keeps saying they are. All the games they have lost so far has been really close. And this is because they only have 4 teams in their league...

And talking about the Russia wanting them and Volero to play in their league. I just found that in the Russia Men`s Basketball League there`s 9 Russian Teams and 1 team from each country ( Check Republic, Latvia, Belarus,Finland,Estonia,Kazakstan and Georgia) making it 16 teams.

• I like Samadova a lot as well, let's see what Baku can do now after 1:1. They are not bad at all...

PS: I wouldn't mind if the Azerbaijani teams joined TL either and if the TL had 16 teams then... But it would also be great to see them with Volero in Russian league since TVF probably wouldn't do it.