CEV Champions League 2017

• The full draw is here:
    http://www.cev.lu/News.aspx?NewsID=23316&ID=5

Modena vs Cannes in Round 2 already :white:

Group A will be very strong with Conegliano, Chemik and Modena/Cannes. Vakifbank drawn together with Eczacibasi in group D. Group C looks by far the weakest.

Indeed, but omit Cannes, due to financial bottlenecks they will be easy prey for Modena.

Group D is for sure with both Istanbul powerhouses and Ekaterinburg, so Dresden will be easy prey for all other three.

Group C is easy living for Fenerbahce.

Group B is interesting duel between Moscow and Volero ZÜRICH for victory in the pool.

• If I good understand- to Final Six will qualify Winners of 4 Groups and 2 best Teams from 2nd places?

Or if Host is from 1st place- 3 best Teams from 2nd places?

• If I good understand- to Final Six will qualify Winners of 4 Groups and 2 best Teams from 2nd places?

Or if Host is from 1st place- 3 best Teams from 2nd places?

I guess, that similar as until now the host is chosen from the four group winners or at most two second best teams. After that, also the third best second team will go to playoff-6.

• Is Dinamo Krasnodar really participating? Would've hoped that they drop out and let Kazan play since they do not seem to have enough money to be competitive.

Let us wait, where Natalia Malykh will play, she is interesting for Kazan, I guess.

• wow wasnt there 6 groups in cl last year?

• From what I understand, 12 teams are qualified directly and 4 more come through the qualies. Then, those 16 teams are drawn into 4 groups. After the main round, there will be Playoffs 6 assurance enterrement (the top ranked teams of their groups + 2 best 2nd ranked I suppose) and final 4, as usual.

TUR, RUS, POL and AZE get 3 teams in the CL, two qualfied directly and one to compete in the qualies.
    Italy only with two teams, though, one directly in the main round and one in the qualies. :S

It will truly be a battle titan because all these teams are fantastic as each other

• CEV requires all participants to have video challenge equipment, even in pool phase. It causes immense costs to the clubs :white:

While it's basically a good idea to have video challenge, higher costs will prevent more and more clubs from playing CL. For example Dresden has far less money than last season (hence their weaker roster) and still misses 100.000€ for the new season, and that does NOT include the extra costs now coming for video challenge equipment. With the money they need for CL, Dresden could have signed 2-3 star players for their team :S

• CEV requires all participants to have video challenge equipment, even in pool phase. It causes immense costs to the clubs :white:

While it's basically a good idea to have video challenge, higher costs will prevent more and more clubs from playing CL. For example Dresden has far less money than last season (hence their weaker roster) and still misses 100.000€ for the new season, and that does NOT include the extra costs now coming for video challenge equipment. With the money they need for CL, Dresden could have signed 2-3 star players for their team :S

The sad truth: if nobody from federations of Turkey, Russia, Italy and Poland complains, CEV will simply continue this cost driving course. And federations like Germany, Romania and so on are considered as not relevant for them, they have to live with those conditions or to give up :( . Switzerland is a special case, because only Volero Zürich is relevant for this competition and they have also enough money like the best clubs of the federations mentioned above...

Indeed, should Allianz MTV Stuttgart grab the national title in Germany the season coming, I have no idea yet, how we could finance that next CL adventure (being part of the financing by the way).

• Malykh is already training with Krasnodar.

She is even already listed as team member of Krasnodar for the CL 2017 at the CEV officially. So Krasnodar will be weaker than the last seaons, but has still chances to get under the best four Russian teams and to reach pool phase in CL in the season coming.

• I don't understand why do they try to change Kosheleva's serving style.. She tried to sere jump float back in 2013 during the ECH, then in the WCH and on the ECH 2015.. she is not comfortable doing it, you can see that, she even gives it up if the match goes to 4 or 5 sets.. and her standing float is not that bad

• Nice to see sold out venue in BIH but Brcko is performing so bad in 1.set :/

Happy to see Jaksetic as starter setter for Cannes :)

• Minsk with no foreigners at all. Eczacibasi with 1 Turkish player (libero) in starting six...

Well Turkey has a professional league with lots of money and Belarus does not, so this is not comparable at all.

Minchanka gives Eczaci quite some trouble in 1st set. Kavalchuk is still very good with 37 years.

• I see that Miroslav Cada is no longer the head coach of Agel Prostejov. Does anybody know why?

• I expect more from Maja right now.. She seems to have a bad connection with Middle Blockers than Nilay and to Give balls to Kosheleva and Boskovic you dont need to be such a good setter.