CEV Champions League 2017

• Yeah but it will be hard for Modena to overtake Chemik on points ratio if they lose the match 1-3. But it is possible I guess

Not sure about the answer to your question. If Modena or Chemik win the group they will go through. If conegliano win the group (this will happen if they beat Telekom 3-0 and Chemik beat Modena 3-1 I think) then one of Chemik and Modena will still go through as a 3rd best 2nd place team unless Azerrail can get a point vs fener and beat Dabrowa I think.

Ah this all makes my head hurt ?(

• Probably the strongest point of Eczacibasi is also the team's weakest point. What I mean is the team has plenty of high caliber international players but they are almost all at the same level. This can cause cohesion problem because the setter or the libero might need to overthink each time who she's going to pass the ball. Whereas for VB, if the setter was confused, she just need to send the ball to Zhu Ting or to Milena Rasic and they will the fix the problem in most of the time.

Interesting opinion. I think the problem with Ecz is that they don't have good enough passers. Larson I think is the only one with an all around game even though I don't think she is having a terrific season. Some of these other players have been on teams (club or NT) where their team have good passers and they didn't have to do much of it except hitting. So yes Ecz has good individual players that play good at their one position.

• calling a bad player bad is hating? what is next ? will someone call me a racist if i point out how someone is bad as a player i to have favourite players but if they suck i say they suck end of story,and yes adams is nowhere near best mbs in the world she never was that is why ecz went with stevanovic as first pick and u saying adams is better then her just shows how biased u are somebody even layed out the facts for u,i mean i get it u are her fan and all but some realizam would be nice,she is above average mb and that is what she allways was if u want top mbs u take rasic,stevanovic,veljkovic,thaisa,robin,poljak,furst and so on and so forth,problem of ecz is terrible reception and almost no block and i have to go back to adams cause if u watch the game again most of the points vakif scored were over her block so she either a)isnt tall enough b)can t jump high enough c)isnt fast enough to get to blocking position or all 3 above if u watch game again just watch how mbs in vakif move and compared them with ecz ones and u will see why their blocking sucks,i said it before they should of kept de la cruz and poljak in the team instead of getting kosheeleva and adams they would have way better reception and blocking hopefully u dont this critics as hating on someone i m just laying out my opinion on it

• calling a bad player bad is hating? what is next ? will someone call me a racist if i point out how someone is bad as a player i to have favourite players but if they suck i say they suck end of story,and yes adams is nowhere near best mbs in the world she never was that is why ecz went with stevanovic as first pick and u saying adams is better then her just shows how biased u are somebody even layed out the facts for u,i mean i get it u are her fan and all but some realizam would be nice,she is above average mb and that is what she allways was if u want top mbs u take rasic,stevanovic,veljkovic,thaisa,robin,poljak,furst and so on and so forth,problem of ecz is terrible reception and almost no block and i have to go back to adams cause if u watch the game again most of the points vakif scored were over her block so she either a)isnt tall enough b)can t jump high enough c)isnt fast enough to get to blocking position or all 3 above if u watch game again just watch how mbs in vakif move and compared them with ecz ones and u will see why their blocking sucks,i said it before they should of kept de la cruz and poljak in the team instead of getting kosheeleva and adams they would have way better reception and blocking hopefully u dont this critics as hating on someone i m just laying out my opinion on it

Well saying someone is a bad player is not haterism, but reapeating multiple times a player sucks, is no where near the top level, has no place im such a strong team actually is haterism. If you read carefully what I wrote you would get that I never said she is doing a good job im Eczacibasi, but that doesn't make her a bad player.. yesterday she had 2 blocks, so did Thaisa.. Is Thaisa a bad blocker too? I repeated many times Rachael is not doing so good in Turkey. Another thing is, I also never said Rachael is better than Stevanovic, never. I only pointed out that Stevanovic has always been great in Pomi, but never showed that level of play in the NT.. Another user brought some statistics out, maybe we both used another source, myself found the numbers on the official page and Rachael was indeed first with 400 points.. However comparing her with Stevanovic was never my point, I only mentioned Jovana since you repeated a few times that she was their first choice, wanting to tell you she might not work that well too.. You mentioning top MBs in the world so let me tell you a thing, Poljak is far from world's best anymore, Robin also had a so-so seasons in Turkey, never really shined (according to your criteria I mean, playing good in Conegliano doesn't count right?) Stevanovic has to prove herself in the international level..
    P.S. In order us other members to understand your thoughtful post, try using interpunction ;)

• In my opinion, all the players from Eczacibasi are world class players. For me, the main problem is Barbolini. Didn't he notice that in Krasnodar the recepction line was Sokolova, Kryuchkova and Garay? Kosheleva was there only to spike,and did It Very well. Same thing in NT, reception line was Yana and Malova, Kosheleva can't pass. So How does he put her to receive and also let her get 38 serves in a match? She can have an incredible performance in spike, but Will give so many points with receiving mistakes. It doesn't even look like The coach that beat VakifBank last year with a team much cheaper but with an incredible defense system and that used to play like a team.

• Naz set only 5 balls to Kubra in 4 sets.. That's way too little.. I know Kubra hasn't been the best lately, but she has to be used more IMO, at least try to set her

She is not having good attacking ratios lately. Also while you have Sloetjes, Zhu, Rasic and Hill as attacking options, Kubra's score is not needed.

By the way, Larson is a balanced OH but she can not play as a second libero in a team. For this purpose, Eczacibasi should have transfer someone like Marcon, Robinson or Esra who can cover a lot of space on the reception line. I dont think reception of 2 players would have worked with Larson.

• Eczacibasi should start receivng with only two players: Larson & Gulden. Many other teams do this as well like Connegliano with De Gennaro & Robinson. I'm sure this duo won't get as aced as with Kosheleva or Hande Baladin. Besides, we could see how stronger Kosheleva attacks when she is not bothered with receiving duties :box:

• I thought Naz did well. She is here to give her team-mates the best chances possible, not to spray the number of balls out equally

Agree about ECZ trying a 2 receiver system. I think Larson is a good enough receiver that Barbolini should at least try it. Kosheleva could never pass and she seems to be even worse now after a couple of years of not being a receiver for her team. It should be obvious to Barbolini that something needs to change if he wants to beat Vakifbank and reception is a major weakness so he should do something to fix the problem, that's what coaches do

• Russia got destroyed with that system with probably the best libero in the world doing most of the reception.

If anything..they might as well get Risa Shinnabe to replace Boskovic and act as a receiving opposite so Kosheleva can be free to attack. BUT what type of manager would do that when you have a Boskovic so young and talented to become the focal point of your offense. They might as well get chinese or japanese or brazilian OHs to do Kosheleva or Larsonn's job

Two receivers is not going to be that successful when players are improving their service. Kim Hill alone could probably destroy Vitra if they do the two receiver system just so Kosheleva can feel like it's russia again. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• "She is ranged first among the MBs, better than Bellien, Stevanovic, Heyrman, Guiggi to name a few, with total of 400 points, 133 blocks, 54% in attack.. 0.90 efficiency in blocking is a pretty good number, especially for a 'weak blocker' as some said she was" so u never said she is better then stevanovic ? if so why post all those stats ? i find your post hilarious and secondly i didnt bring up stevanovic being first pick rbdfabio did it at page 21 which i just agreed with and yes she isnt world class mb and she never was only true world class mb in usa team is akinradewo adams was and still is above average mb and stats show it so no hate there and i said some stuff about thaisa as well that she is far away from her normal form,thaisa i saw before she came to ecz was way better then she is now i dont know if it is injury or she doesnt function good with maja but something is off,poljak still at her age is outblocking rachel by miles find it funny u thrashing poljak who is actually a better mb then adams rofl and what kind of proof u need for stevanovic on international level ? she has same amount of medals on nt as adams i mean just compare competition which they took medals in and u will see the whole picture https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jovana_Stevanovi%C4%87
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachael_Adams

i mean i get u are big fan of her but being real is what matters here actual facts not some fanboyism

• Russia got destroyed with that system with probably the best libero in the world doing most of the reception.

If anything..they might as well get Risa Shinnabe to replace Boskovic and act as a receiving opposite so Kosheleva can be free to attack. BUT what type of manager would do that when you have a Boskovic so young and talented to become the focal point of your offense. They might as well get chinese or japanese or brazilian OHs to do Kosheleva or Larsonn's job

Two receivers is not going to be that successful when players are improving their service. Kim Hill alone could probably destroy Vitra if they do the two receiver system just so Kosheleva can feel like it's russia again. :white:

They got destroyed by Serbia who were also using 2 receivers. Then Serbia beat USA with the same system despite Kim Hill's mighty serves

• But if Moscow somehow looses 3-0 or 3-1 to Krasnodar, they will stay with 12 points, and Volero will get first place.

If Modena looses 3-0 and stays with 12. Chemik gets first place We would have a tie between Modena and Moscow with 12 points. And Baku could reach 12 points also if they beat the Polish.

Moscow is playing against Albaj. Volero is playing against Krasnodar next week. Dinamo Moscow secured the top position, CEV looks at the number of winning matches followed by the points.

• Oh I`m sorry. I was thinking it was the other way around.. I will delete my post.

Moscow is playing against Albaj. Volero is playing against Krasnodar next week. Dinamo Moscow secured the top position, CEV looks at the number of winning matches followed by the points.

• "She is ranged first among the MBs, better than Bellien, Stevanovic, Heyrman, Guiggi to name a few, with total of 400 points, 133 blocks, 54% in attack.. 0.90 efficiency in blocking is a pretty good number, especially for a 'weak blocker' as some said she was" so u never said she is better then stevanovic ? if so why post all those stats ? i find your post hilarious and secondly i didnt bring up stevanovic being first pick rbdfabio did it at page 21 which i just agreed with and yes she isnt world class mb and she never was only true world class mb in usa team is akinradewo adams was and still is above average mb and stats show it so no hate there and i said some stuff about thaisa as well that she is far away from her normal form,thaisa i saw before she came to ecz was way better then she is now i dont know if it is injury or she doesnt function good with maja but something is off,poljak still at her age is outblocking rachel by miles find it funny u thrashing poljak who is actually a better mb then adams rofl and what kind of proof u need for stevanovic on international level ? she has same amount of medals on nt as adams i mean just compare competition which they took medals in and u will see the whole picture https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jovana_Stevanovi%C4%87
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachael_Adams

i mean i get u are big fan of her but being real is what matters here actual facts not some fanboyism

First I posted all those stats so I can prove she is world class, not that she is better than Stevanovic. Second I did not say YOU said Stevanovic was ranked first, my words were 'Another user brought some statistics out, maybe we both used another source...' Third, I am not trashing Poljak, she simply is not on the same level as others who are currently best in the world, yes she HAS BEEN, as Neslihan has, and etc.. Poljak is a better blocker than Adams for sure, but a MB also has to attack you know.. And last, a medal is not a proof for how good someone is, volleyball is a group sport.. Jen Tamas also has an Olympics silver as Stevanovic, and quite a few more medals.. does that make her a better MB than Stevanovic?
    Anyways this doesn't lead anywhere, you can think what you want.. and actually I'm the one bringing the facts and being real, real, you just keep repeating the same things

• It seems Zhu Ting's contract only lasts until May, and then she will be free on the volleyball market. Will she continue her career in Europe? If so, what team?

• Zhu Ting will likely stay with Vafibank. But for Kim Hill, it's probably her last leg with the team.