You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 3:53pm

A setter can not always do what she wants. She does what the coach wants her to do. Probably Barbolini wants everyone getting fast/low sets, and he probably does not want Maja setting Kosheleva high balls.
I really like Maja but why do you need to give a fast/low set to Kosheleva when she can hit a higher, calm set much easily, especially against an opponent where their MBs are not Rasic and Thaisa??? :down:

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Gamze Alikaya, Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak, Saori Kimura

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 3:56pm

A setter can not always do what she wants. She does what the coach wants her to do. Probably Barbolini wants everyone getting fast/low sets, and he probably does not want Maja setting Kosheleva high balls.
I really like Maja but why do you need to give a fast/low set to Kosheleva when she can hit a higher, calm set much easily, especially against an opponent where their MBs are not Rasic and Thaisa??? :down:
I agree on the first part but I dont agree on the second. Even Barbolini is not that dumb...

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Gamze Alikaya, Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak, Saori Kimura

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 4:00pm

Kosheleva is still receiving, seriously Barbolini? Learnt nothing from the previous match? :mad:

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 4:00pm

Maja is my favourite player and the best setter in the world. But sometimes her decision making under pressure is her weakness

Favourite Team: Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: Sheilla Castro, Yeon Koung Kim, Jaqueline, Boskovic, Maja Ognjenovic, Fabiana Claudino, Fabí, Takeshita, Saori, Werblinska, Fofão, Sokolova, Giba, Zaytsev, Kurek, André Nascimento, Leal, William, De Cecco, Stanley

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 4:02pm

Eczacibasi as a team is a shame, they should be thankful they have a player of the level of Boskovic. She is simply fantastic, in a team with many stars and experienced players, is the 19 girl who shines and puts the ball down when the team need it

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 4:04pm

Larson is probably passing worst than Kosheleva today. And Larson struggling to score even against Dresden. I think both Kosheleva and Larson needs a time off, maybe 1 week, to get it back together. Thank god Boskovic was there, if Vitra would win this in 3-2, and Modena looses in 3-0 3-1, Vitra and Modena would be tied with 12 points.

• "Ryu Takamiya" is male

Favourite Team: Men:Russia/Serbia/France Women:Japan/Russia/Serbia

Favourite Players: M.Nagaoka Y.Ishii Goncharova Gamova Shashkova Fetisova Walewska Centoni Del Core Rasic Ognjenovic Castillo Malova

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 4:07pm

Kosheleva is still receiving, seriously Barbolini? Learnt nothing from the previous match?

Yes, they should try 2-receivers system by Larson & Gulden.
I think it's a good opportunity to try it because Dresden's service is not that strong compared to other strong teams.

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 4:20pm

Larson is probably passing worst than Kosheleva today. And Larson struggling to score even against Dresden. I think both Kosheleva and Larson needs a time off, maybe 1 week, to get it back together. Thank god Boskovic was there, if Vitra would win this in 3-2, and Modena looses in 3-0 3-1, Vitra and Modena would be tied with 12 points.
Don't forget Azerrail could have 12 as well

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 8:29pm

Th fans in Modena are really not supporting the women`s teams at all this season, the arena is always mostly empty. :wacko:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 8:42pm

How the hell did Smarzek win "best receiver" of Polish Cup??? :white:

Ttom

Professional

• "Ttom" is male

Favourite Team: Polish NT,Cuba NT, Chemik Police, Budowlani Lodz 2010-12, Muszynianka 2005-2010, Scavolini Pesaro, RC Cannes, Uralochka

Favourite Players: 1 K.SKOWRONSKA, 2 M.Zenik, 4 I.Belcik, 5 M.Sliwa, 7 M.Glinka, 8.D.Swieniewicz, 9 A.Mroz, 10 J.MIREK, 11 S.Pycia, 13 M.Rosner, 14 M.Liktoras, 16 A.Przybysz...and many others

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 8:47pm

it was a mistake

sammz

Trainee

• "sammz" is male

Favourite Team: Rio de Janeiro - Fenerbahçe

Favourite Players: Logan Tom ♥

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 8:51pm

Is it just me, or Kosheleva has lost her power in the attack? Her attacks seem so weak. At least, weaker than last year.

Why Baranska is on the bench? She is better than this Polish girl on court now.

Brakocevic is back :heart:

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 8:53pm

The few times I`ve seen Smarzek playing she`s been really good. She`s just having a rough start today. And she`s only 20, she has time to improve.

Now Modena only needs to win 1 more set.

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 9:09pm

Do we get an Istanbuli Playoff match (Fener-Eczacibasi) or is it possible to have 3 turkish teams at the final four?

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 9:15pm

I don't know the rules, but if it has to be Fener-Vitra that means the whole draw is already set:
Fener-Vitra
Vakif-Volero
Moscow-Modena (or Chemik but they need a miracle now)

Piervi

Trainee

• "Piervi" is male

Favourite Team: Italy's NTs, Imoco Volley Conegliano

Favourite Players: Jovana Brakočević, Carmen Turlea, Samantha Bricio

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 9:18pm

New rule, this year, and no more "forced pairings". So yes, in principle a F4 with Conegliano and the 3 Turkish teams is possible.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 9:20pm

Ferretti is doing a great job today. She still isn't capable of giving Neriman the balls she needs, but with everyone else she's great.

Wojtek13

Professional

• "Wojtek13" is male

Favourite Team: Chemik Police, Fenerbahce, Eczacibasi, Asseco Resovia Rzeszow, Ziraat Bankasi Ankara

Favourite Players: Malwina Smarzek, Kasia Skowronska, Tijana Boskovic, Neslihan Demir, Tatiana Kosheleva, Natalia Goncharova, Y.K.Kim, Bartosz Kurek, Metin Toy

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 9:22pm

What a shame looking for how Chemik play...

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 9:26pm

I'm getting used to watch polish teams collapsing in important matches, but this time I wonder if Chemik even wanted to win the match... They look so unprepared and unmotivated :mad:

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Favourite Team: Italian NTs – Trento – Foppa

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 9:31pm

I opened the match only at the end of the second set, but congrats Modena!! :D

Th fans in Modena are really not supporting the women`s teams at all this season, the arena is always mostly empty.

It's really a pity, considering that Piacenza had a lot of fans :( While I don't think female Modena has never had many fans in the last years...

New rule, this year, and no more "forced pairings". So yes, in principle a F4 with Conegliano and the 3 Turkish teams is possible.

Wow! Also for the male?

Social bookmarks