CEV Champions League 2017

• A setter can not always do what she wants. She does what the coach wants her to do. Probably Barbolini wants everyone getting fast/low sets, and he probably does not want Maja setting Kosheleva high balls.

I really like Maja but why do you need to give a fast/low set to Kosheleva when she can hit a higher, calm set much easily, especially against an opponent where their MBs are not Rasic and Thaisa??? :down:

• A setter can not always do what she wants. She does what the coach wants her to do. Probably Barbolini wants everyone getting fast/low sets, and he probably does not want Maja setting Kosheleva high balls.

I agree on the first part but I dont agree on the second. Even Barbolini is not that dumb...

• Maja is my favourite player and the best setter in the world. But sometimes her decision making under pressure is her weakness

• Eczacibasi as a team is a shame, they should be thankful they have a player of the level of Boskovic. She is simply fantastic, in a team with many stars and experienced players, is the 19 girl who shines and puts the ball down when the team need it

• Larson is probably passing worst than Kosheleva today. And Larson struggling to score even against Dresden. I think both Kosheleva and Larson needs a time off, maybe 1 week, to get it back together. Thank god Boskovic was there, if Vitra would win this in 3-2, and Modena looses in 3-0 3-1, Vitra and Modena would be tied with 12 points.

• Kosheleva is still receiving, seriously Barbolini? Learnt nothing from the previous match?

Yes, they should try 2-receivers system by Larson & Gulden.
    I think it's a good opportunity to try it because Dresden's service is not that strong compared to other strong teams.

• Larson is probably passing worst than Kosheleva today. And Larson struggling to score even against Dresden. I think both Kosheleva and Larson needs a time off, maybe 1 week, to get it back together. Thank god Boskovic was there, if Vitra would win this in 3-2, and Modena looses in 3-0 3-1, Vitra and Modena would be tied with 12 points.

Don't forget Azerrail could have 12 as well

• Is it just me, or Kosheleva has lost her power in the attack? Her attacks seem so weak. At least, weaker than last year.

Why Baranska is on the bench? She is better than this Polish girl on court now.

Brakocevic is back :heart:

• The few times I`ve seen Smarzek playing she`s been really good. She`s just having a rough start today. And she`s only 20, she has time to improve.

Now Modena only needs to win 1 more set.

• I don't know the rules, but if it has to be Fener-Vitra that means the whole draw is already set:
    Fener-Vitra
    Vakif-Volero
    Moscow-Modena (or Chemik but they need a miracle now)

• New rule, this year, and no more "forced pairings". So yes, in principle a F4 with Conegliano and the 3 Turkish teams is possible.

• What a shame looking for how Chemik play...

• I'm getting used to watch polish teams collapsing in important matches, but this time I wonder if Chemik even wanted to win the match... They look so unprepared and unmotivated :mad:

• I opened the match only at the end of the second set, but congrats Modena!! :D

Th fans in Modena are really not supporting the women`s teams at all this season, the arena is always mostly empty.

It's really a pity, considering that Piacenza had a lot of fans :( While I don't think female Modena has never had many fans in the last years...

New rule, this year, and no more "forced pairings". So yes, in principle a F4 with Conegliano and the 3 Turkish teams is possible.

Wow! Also for the male?