CEV Champions League 2017

• What an embarrassing performance by Krasnodar.

Vizura is such a joke Team this season and the big Russians :rolll: are not able to win. Russian Women Volleyball without foreign Players is only a joke. It would be better for them to play Challenge Cup, not the higher level of european Cups, if they cannot win against Vizura

I am not, by any means, justifying Krasnodar's performance but they are much weaker than last season.. They had Kosheleva, Kryuchkova, Sokolova, Pasynkova, Krivets, Filishtinskaya, Garay, Fabiola (they both left pretty early).. So the team changed quite a bit, and this current is weaker and younger too. Kazan who is not playing the CL this season is a better team IMO.. so this isn't a good indicator of how strong the league is..But I do agree that even with this roster they should have defeated Vizura

• I am not, by any means, justifying Krasnodar's performance but they are much weaker than last season.. They had Kosheleva, Kryuchkova, Sokolova, Pasynkova, Krivets, Filishtinskaya, Garay, Fabiola (they both left pretty early).. So the team changed quite a bit, and this current is weaker and younger too. Kazan who is not playing the CL this season is a better team IMO.. so this isn't a good indicator of how strong the league is..But I do agree that even with this roster they should have defeated Vizura

Not really a surprise. Krasnodar is much weaker than last season and has hardly any useful substitute players. The surprise was that they won against Kazan... I'm not sure if Dinamo can get the fourth place in Russia this year...

• Vizura's setter is pissing me off, she set a China' ball to Eric maybe like 10 times, and she was blocked probably 9 times, and she keeps doing it. How stupid can she be?!?!?!!!!

• I don't think Vizura and Volero are cooperating anymore. There were some problems in Vizura's management and organization. They fired two coaches last season because they wouldn't put the owner's daughter in the starting line-up. :rolleyes:

• Who is the owner's daughter?

It's Ana Matović. Not really the best prospect ever, to say the least.

Yeah, that call was awful. A good effort from Vizura, all things considered, they had their chances in the 2nd and the 3rd set. But they clearly have no business playing the CL this season with such a squad.

• Adams hitting negative against Minsk, just like in the first match. And when you remember how she played in Italy last season...

I don't think Maja has yet figured Rachael out, and that can be a problem.. Rachael has always been a better hitter in front, than on the slide.. and she has worked really hard to improve her slides, to get her spot in the NT.. She did and she has been quite good to be honest.. the thing is Adams has a slower swing, and is also a good jumper so she needs higher balls.. Maja is giving her lower balls, so when she hits it the block is already up and in place.. I am not saying it's Maja's fault, just connection problems..

• Laura Emonts will have nightmares about her for weeks :rolll:

Emonts played really godd in the first match between Prostejov and Dabrowa. Today she wasn't that good. I sometimes wonder why Ganszczyk jump to the block every time (even if the opponent has bad position to spike). It works well today but she should work on it.