CEV Champions League 2017

• Beforeyou start to create a "new roster" for Volero, just look at CL stats of all the teams in main round: reception - Volero first place, block - Volero first place, attack Volero 4th place behind three Turkish teams and weak service :))
    Who can replace Dobriana? She is the best receiver. May be only KYK or Larsson. That's all. But why they should go to play bored Swiss league? No reason beside money. But Volero had never compete on money side.
    Where DLC is better then Kenia? Both can not receive, both have a good service and attack but unstaible.
    Orlova is blocking MB (best blocker in CL). But 60% of attack by Orlova against Vakif are very respectful. Why they should change her?
    I think if this team would compete in Russian or Italian League, the results in CL would be different. Why they stick with Switzerland as a base? They make so their life more difficult

• Code

Beforeyou start to create a "new roster" for Volero, just look at CL stats of all the teams in main round: reception - Volero first place, block - Volero first place, attack Volero 4th place behind three Turkish teams and weak service :))
    Who can replace Dobriana? She is the best receiver. May be only KYK or Larsson. That's all. But why they should go to play bored Swiss league? No reason beside money. But Volero had never compete on money side.
    Where DLC is better then Kenia? Both can not receive, both have a good service and attack but unstaible.
    Orlova is blocking MB (best blocker in CL). But 60% of attack by Orlova against Vakif are very respectful. Why they should change her?
    I think if this team would compete in Russian or Italian League, the results in CL would be different. Why they stick with Switzerland as a base? They make so their life more difficult

I totally agree with you. But for example they should play more friendlies with Italian teams, I know it isnt the same as official matches, but its better than playing with semi-amateur Swiss teams.

And Rabadzhieva is an outstanding player, imo she can play even in Fenerbahce. Bulgarian NT with her, Vasilieva, Nikolova, Ruseva should fight for medals on ECH, but unfortunately their federation is trying to complicate it.

• Beforeyou start to create a "new roster" for Volero, just look at CL stats of all the teams in main round: reception - Volero first place, block - Volero first place, attack Volero 4th place behind three Turkish teams and weak service :))

they can continue with the current players and Orlova too but we try to create the optimum team for Volero to be succed in.They have failed in the last 3-4 seasons in the CL..
    i agree with you about DLC-Kenia comparison but seems to me DLC is a little more efficient than Kenia overall (or i feel so) and DLC won a CL so she has the experience etc too
    maybe Volero should compete in TL bcz its opponents at the playoffs have been generally Istanbul teams so playing with them in TL makes Volero stronger and etc. :D

• Maja confirmed that she got angry with Kim for protesting every referee decision, but she says it's nothing personal against her and it was just in the heat of the moment.
    She also revealed what Barbolini told her before the game: "They have Kim, but we have Tijana" :D

• I like Volero as a good team with good players. But they play in a very non competitive league. So they don't play the Turkish teams, Italian teams that are competitive throughout the season. So I think when the times comes they are not up to speed on playing the tougher teams. So why would a player like Kim or that type of player want to go there? Is it a money thing and almost time to retire?

• Maja confirmed that she got angry with Kim for protesting every referee decision, but she says it's nothing personal against her and it was just in the heat of the moment.
    She also revealed what Barbolini told her before the game: "They have Kim, but we have Tijana" :D

Maja was absolutely right to react that way.. I have been saying this gor the past few seasons.. Kim, Eda & Co have become the ultimate whiners.. They complain about every point that goes the other way.. so frustrating

• i have been saying the same for some years now as well they act the same as whiners from brazilian nt but at least they dont scream in other peoples faces at least and their coach isnt entering other teams half of the court to throw other team off their game so it aint that bad but yeah it gets annoying fast! btw where did she say that was it a interview or ?

• I like Volero as a good team with good players. But they play in a very non competitive league. So they don't play the Turkish teams, Italian teams that are competitive throughout the season. So I think when the times comes they are not up to speed on playing the tougher teams. So why would a player like Kim or that type of player want to go there? Is it a money thing and almost time to retire?

maybe they can convince KYK with the vision to win CL, cant they ?

• maybe they can convince KYK with the vision to win CL, cant they ?

Never! The chances winning the CL with Fener is higher than with Volero for Kim. Nevertheless no one can guarante a player to win a big conpetition as a promise by hiring them.
    I would never play in a league which is so weak like the swiss one, not even for soo much money. I mean where is the joy, the passion for a match when you know you will win every game every trophy every title in the swiss league and this in a easy way? You never have a derby and this can also result in a negative way for the players in their NT, haven't played a cruicial match a derby for a while in the club and then you play suddenly a 5 setter match in World/European championship or just an important match in a tournement? Knowing playing and never forgetting to play under pressure is really important for any player.

• So now that we have the semi finalists in place, let me talk each about their chances. I will be leaving out Conegliano from this list as I haven't really watch them play, and as a result, do not know their chances of making it to the final match (aside from them being the hosts).

1. Dinamo Moscow - They have probably the easiest road to the gold medal match, but this must not be taken away from Moscow. The only team that seriously challenged them so far, Volero, is now eliminated. Both were 5 sets wins and Moscow has proved they are a team who can really "turn it on" where it matters. Their offense is still centered around Goncharova, but with the recent addition of De La Cruz and the steady contribution of Shcherban, they have good chances. Lastly, they have the best blocking MB duo in Poljak and Fetisova and that is something not to be understimated. I expect them to prevail against Conegliano

2. Vakifbank - They are the favorites to win Gold IMO. You couldn't get better offensively once you have Zhu and Sloetjes, especially Lonneke where she has been playing really well in the last few games. The absence of Rasic is a big factor no doubt, but they showed they can win without her against their match with Volero. I guess in the end, it all boils down whether Sloetjes performs at her usual level, to help Zhu in the scoring and also not to overuse her. This will be the deciding factor for them.

3. Vitra - Now that Thaisa is out of the picture, they lost a very good part of their block, which admittedly was one of team's problems. As much as how good Boskovic is in attack, the only other decent blocker in the team is Kosheleva. But against their SF clash against Vakif, Thaisa 's loss might just be a stalemate seeing how Rasic will be out of the picture as well. So it will be an interesting battle between Kosheleva/Bosckovic vs Zhu/Sloetjes. Vitra in particuar is known for their service errors, if they can minimize that they can give Vakif a good match.

• Kübra Akman acted like Milena Rasic in last game. I was pleasantly surprised about her performance. If she can control better her teenager mood and acquire more maturity, she could be an excellent asset for the Turkish NT.

• The way you look down on Chinese/Asain players make you look so silly.

Chinese MB Xu yunli and YanNi have great blocking skills.
    They have shown in the World Cup and Rio.

And Zhang Chang Ning would also have success in European Clubs

Even not in very top clubs at least in some competitive Clubs

remind me again who did beat brazils butt for years when gamova was around?u have certain generations which are better then others,none of the chinese players would have any succsses in europe exept zhu and that is a fact and reason why european clubs are not intrested in asian players in general exept if they are liberoes or setters somtimes team harmony means more then how many world class players u have just look to ecz this year in cl

• Kübra Akman acted like Milena Rasic in last game. I was pleasantly surprised about her performance. If she can control better her teenager mood and acquire more maturity, she could be an excellent asset for the Turkish NT.

I agree, I thought the same.. Once Milena was out, it seemed like Kubra felt she had to take responsibility and she did good.. I hope she continues playing this good

• Hi
    I am Luca supporter of Busto and I would like to say my feelings related to the incoming final 4 in Treviso.
    I am reading in this topic that mosto of the users here believe that Conegliano does not have so big chances. Actually I think the opposite. I watched many matches of Conegliano this season (some live most on TV) and I really believe that Conegliano is really a strong team with few or no weaknesses.
    Of Course I know that the overall techinical value of Vakif and EZC is higher but playing at home will be a big advantage.
    I believe that Conegliano Moscow will be very tough match.

SETTER: Skorupa is playing very well this season and actually I do not see so many setter playing in Europe that are superior.
    OPP and OH: FAWCETT is playing well and I believe she is not a world class OPP but not so far from them, ROBINSON (I love her because she is so equilibrated playergood in bith attacking and passing), BRICIO I was impressed by her, she is improving so much she will be a world crack.
    MB: Robin (if playing) is a world class MB strong in attack and in blocking. Folie is a step behind the World best MB bust she is great in FAST and good in block
    Libero: De Gennaro is just amazing. In my opinion together with B. Castillo the best libero in the world
    Bench: very long bench with MALINOV (very talented setter), ORTOLANI, CELLA (very good in passing), COSTAGRANDE, DANESI (best young italian MB) and BARAZZA

• What Conegliano have that might help them is the home support and also a different style of play from most of the top teams with Skorupa using the middles a lot which may unsettle Dinamo, but I believe the Dinamo block will be able to adapt

Conegliano should take confidence from Pomi's win last season but IMO they don't have strong enough hitters from zones 2 and 4 to beat these powerful teams. Robinson is a good, complete player but she cannot dominate the match with her scoring, Bricio's fitness is unknown and she has never played at this level before so I don't know what to expect from her. Fawcett and Ortolani are decent scorers, but nowhere near the level of Goncha/DLC, Boskovic/Kosheleva or Zhu/Sloetjes

This is why I think most posters here give them little chance, but it is volleyball and anything can happen

• Best offensive OHs will be in final four with Zhu, Kosheleva and DLC. It is such a pity not to have KYK there and see big 4 all playing against each other :hit: :box: Besides the setter position, Conegliano does not have any player that can match with other 3 teams :down: Even Volero deserved to be there instead of them :wall:

• I think De Gennaro and De Kruijf are at a level to match the other teams also

• I agree Serdar, dissappointing with these rules still. I'm more excited to watch Fenerbahce - Dinamo Moscow semi final than Connegliano - Dinamo Moscow semis which I won't probably watch at all. The only way for Connegliano to pass Moscow is to serve insane and don't let DLC score, leaving Goncharova alone in the score sheet.
    I think Volero should invest some money on finding a world class setter if they wanna go to F4 at all. Last year it was Zivkovic, then they transferred Nilay for a short while which was a big question mark and this year they had Fabiola. With all my respect to her, I really think Fabiola has decent technique but she is not a setter that makes the difference. Among the top 4 teams now, Moscow has the most boring setter probably but they don't need a creative one either. Though, Volero could certainly benefit from a faster game. It will be fun to see this team having someone like Alisha Glass or Tomkom and replacing Carcases with Mihajlovic.