CEV Champions League 2017

• i think beating Conegliano at home is not that easy..Conegliano is a good team.yes the other teams have world-class players but Conegliano has good players and "good players" can play better than world-class players in some matches . as if we were talking about Dresden..they are not Dresden they are a good team..(first on the rankings in Italy)
    Italian teams are good at block-defence if served well then they can give a hard time to the strongest teams even can beat them

• I would say Moscow is a favorite over Conegliano, but after Pomi won over Kazan, I think anything can happen, and I have a feeling Conegliano just might pull a upset again, and especially if Robin plays. Someone said Ortolani is bench, but of course she is not, if she plays as OP Faucett will be on the bench, if she plays OH, Bricio will be on the bench ( or Robisnon, because Bricio has been playing better). And I would say Ortonali`s performance will be critical for them, just like Picinini`s was last season.

I think would be more fair to have Conegliano facing Vakfibank. Once they bought the ticket to the semi-final, I don`t get why they will face the weakest of the 3 semifinalist. Moscow is really strong, but on the paper the other 2 are a bit stronger.

ZHu vs Boskovic. Hard to think that either of them will have a bad night, but if one of them for some reason is not having a good game, that alone can decides who wins the game. But assuming both of them will be on fire as usual, Kosheleva and Sloetjes could be the deciding factor.
    I would love to see Rasic playing, but after what happened with Thaisa, I only want to see Rasic playing if she`s 100% recovered ( same goes for Robin).

I want Vitra to win, but Zhu really worries me. She played well at the CWCH semi-final, but that was her first tournament with the team and she was not used to playing with them. But now a few months later, I`m sure she won`t want to loose another semi-final, which means, even if nobody is playing well, she could very much go on her beast mood and carry the whole team on her shoulders. :box: .

• if i formed a team i would choose KYK amongst KYK,Zhu and Boşkoviç..Zhu and Boşkoviç are great attackers for sure but KYK does it with passing at the same time...its really hard job
    Zhu doesnt pass all the the time..imagine Zhu and Boşkoviç were constant passers..how would their offensive performance be ? Kosheleva is a good example..she with passing and without passing is two different player!
    i like ZHu and Boşko is my favourite Serbian NT player together with Raşiç.

• Best Score

1 - Brakocevic - 208 points
    2 - Boskovic - 206
    3 - Ozsoy - 195
    4 - Horka - 179
    5 - Gomcharova - 171
    6 - Malykh - 158
    7 - Olesia - 154
    8 - Kosheleva - 148
    9 - Zhu - 147
    10 - Sloetjes - 139

Blocker

1 - Orlova - 42 blocks
    2 - Poljak - 39
    3 - Gansczyk - 39
    4 - Gendel - 39
    5 - Hasanova - 29
    6 - Kruijf - 29
    7 - Rasic - 29
    8 - Thaisa - 29
    9 - Adams - 27
    10 - Brakocevic - 23

Server

1 - Boskovic - 26 aces
    2 - Larson - 20
    3 - Adams - 20
    4 - Brakocevic - 17
    5 - Chaplina - 15
    6 - Hill - 14
    7 - Paszek - 13
    8 - Gendel - 13
    9 - Lozo - 12
    10 - Monnakmae - 12

Receiver

1 - Rabadzhieva
    2 - Mammadova
    3 - Orge
    4 - Aykac
    5 - Parubets
    6 - Popovic
    7 - Paszek
    8 - Kovadora
    9 - Markevich
    10- Lozo

Setter

1 - Woloz
    2- Naz
    3- Dilik
    4 - Surtseva
    5 - Weiss
    6 - Ferretti
    7 - Ognjenovic
    8 - Tomkom
    9 - Malinov
    10 - Novotni-Kasic

Spiker

1 - Brakocevic - 168 spikes
    2 - Boskovic - 165
    3 - Ozsoy - 163
    4 - Horka - 162
    5 - Goncharova - 154
    6 - Malykh - 139
    7 - Olesia - 137
    8 - Kosheleva - 125
    9 - Zhu - 122
    10 - Sloetjes - 121

• You must have missed Poljak is 2nd place :whistle:

Fetisova is 11th, but this includes the qualifiers ECZ played as well. If we look at blocks/set, Fetisova is ahead of Adams

Adams is not a weak blocker, she is good, but I don't think she blocks as well as those players

• You must have missed Poljak is 2nd place :whistle:

Fetisova is 11th, but this includes the qualifiers ECZ played as well. If we look at blocks/set, Fetisova is ahead of Adams

Adams is not a weak blocker, she is good, but I don't think she blocks as well as those players

Yup :gone: I agree blocking is not her strongest feature.. She was earlier dissed a lot here, that's why I mentioned it..

• Yup :gone: I agree blocking is not her strongest feature.. She was earlier dissed a lot here, that's why I mentioned it..

Yeah, I know. It's all good :thumbup:

Setter rankings are a bit weird, I think you can only really tell how good a setter is playing by watching the match. I'm sure most in here would agree that Wolosz has not been the best :what:

• And also some people talking so much about Volero. And saying Foluke is the only World Class Player on the team, but Foluke is not even among the best players. They will blame her attacking on Fabiola/Zikvovic, but they can`t blame her non block and serve on them.

And their " Mediocre" players that should be replaced....

Best Reciever - Rabadzhieva
    2nd - Mammadova
    6th - Popovic

Best Blocker - Orlova

7th score - Olesia.
    7th spiker - Olesia.

• Setter rankings are a bit weird, I think you can only really tell how good a setter is playing by watching the match. I'm sure most in here would agree that Wolosz has not been the best

Sorry for my ignorance. Concretely, how they rank Setters? What parameters or statistic data they use to evaluate them?

• For CEV competitions it is based on how the attacker performs after the set.

Basically it is (successful attacks - blocked attacks - attack errors)/total balls set. So for example, 95 of Wolosz's sets have been spiked successfully, 8 have been blocked and 7 have led to errors. She has set 179 balls in total.

Put that into the formula: (95-8-7)/179 = 44.69%

For FIVB competitions it is based on how many running sets they do, which is an even worse way of measuring. Hope that helps!

• There were some articles in the Swiss press at last, hinting, that Volero might cease as serious CL contender next season. Volero owner Stav Jacobi (a native Russian and successful entrepeneur in Switzerland) is currently ill because of all the pressure around, very frustrated because of never getting further than playoff-6 (the fourth time in a row they didn't make it to the final four), because it is really expensive for him financially (he can't get much support by other sponsors due to non-ideal conditions regarding weak Swiss league and short CL period) and sees no great perspective regarding sports. One of the issues is, they have too seldom hard matches and are not perfectly prepared when playing some the best teams of Europe in the phase of decisions in CL. Jacobi considers to reduce resources and regroup with younger players the team, no more intending to win the CL title or at least a medal therefore. He told too, that so far no official invitation to Russian superleague was received (I'm pretty sure, it will come, but should ASAP, it seems). Also some formerly strong teams, which were cooperating with Volero the last years, have either decayed (Cannes) or even ceased to exist (Omsk) as leagues like Azerbeidchan, wich has weakened a lot and reduced also chances to exchange good players.

Would Volero give up, the top teams of Istanbul, Russia and Italy would be on their own in future in the playoff-6 and as host, maybe Chemik POLICE from Poland could attend them at this stage, but no other teams or countries, I think. For me coming from the Bundesliga competitions, the fifth strongest league in Europe also due to 2018 European cups rankings, the performance of Volero was most impressive the last years and far beyond, what any German team is capable to do nowadays. I would really regret a retrieval from their currently competetive state.

• What the hell are you talking about?
    Foluke has never been a great blocker, everyone knows that, and with Karch her blocking abilities even declined.. Both in Volero and the USA NT she's basically used as second OPP on the slide.. meaning she gets set even when the reception is bad, and often has 2 blockers in front.. Also knowing the setters, it's not strange she's not on top of her game.. Being a bad server? If something improved under Karch's guidance it was her serve.. She really is serving tough, maybe not clear aces, but gets the opponent out of system.. You wanna say Rachael is a better server than her? Because she's on the list and I think Adams is a very inconsistent server..

• First of all I want to say that I'm very proud that Maja Poljak is second best blocker, She is again proving that She is still one of the best blockers in World after so many years.

When you look how many money does Volero has, they don't have so good team overall.

If they want OHs who will only recive great and be great in defence they should transfer L. Bosetti, She is like second libero. That means that I wouldn't have Rabadzhieva. Bosetti would be perfect for Volero because they use MB(s) a lot.
    Secondly I would transfer other MB who can score a lot like Foluke and that is for sure Gibbemeyer or Jovana. They are great attackers and great blockers.
    Then they need stable OH who can recive good and who can spike great, I'm not sure Rabadzhieva is great attacker ?( , and that can be Gabi from Brazil.
    I'm not sure about setter positon. Zivkovic didn't play that bad but still if Volero is that rich than thay should transfer better setter. I don't want to say Lloyd because it would look like I want transfer whole Pomi team in Volero, but still I think she would be perfect for them. :lol:

I think Volero should keep Foluke and Olesia.
    This is how would my Volero look:

Olesia-Lloyd
    Bosetti-Gabi
    Gibbemeyer-Foluke
    Popovic

And one more thing, I don't think Rabadzhieva is bad player, she is very good player but She needs to become more aggressive in attack. Also Orlova is not that bad but their is so many MBs. But I repeat, Volero is rich club so they can transfer better players. Bosetti is not better than Rabadzieva but She is perfect for team who play fast and have great MB attackers.

• On this list you can also ad Alisha Glass if She is coming back next season and you can also ad Stefana Veljkovi or Jack from Galatasaray...

• Oh crovolley
    are you joking?
    Bosetti and Gabi in the same team as two 175 cm OHs :lol:
    can you imagine how they would block ?
    wait
    Leo as setter..what about her ? or Takeshita (if she hadn retired)

I'm not saying I agree but in order to capitalize on the strengths of Foluke then you need good receivers. Opposites can just hit in the pipe anyway.

Mine would be like this though:

Natalia-Fabiola/Glass
    Foluke-Gibbemeyer
    Gabi/Rabadzhieva/Carcaces
    Honestly though, why would top players go to swiss league anyway?!?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney