CEV Champions League 2017

• this roster is better :thumbsup:

• I don't agree with one thing crovolley said.. First of all, Volero team that uses MBs a lot? Are you joking? Orlova can hardly hit a ball, and their setters - Zivkovic, Fabiola, Grbac (in the past) are not very popular among the setters who run the MBs well.. Also tranfering Bosetti to pass? Rabadzhieva has been passing well enough, and she has been doing it just with the libero, 2 receiving system..there is no need to replace her.. Orlova is doing a very good job blocking, although she is very weak in attack, but Foluke on the other hand is blocking nothing..
    Volero has been trying to make a great team to win the CL and they only needed a world class setter.. which they got - Antonijevic, but sadly she got injured and rest is history.. I really like them, and I'm very sad they can't pass season after season.. They need a better setter and a passing libero IMO.. The team is overall pretty strong.. I must say much deeper bench than Vakif, Moscow, Fener

• this roster is better :thumbsup:

It's a really good balance of attack and defense which is probably Volero's problem since time immemorial. Against top teams, defense is the key. Attack is second.

You can have all the nicest stats individually but team chemistry is different. You need a team that works and could stabilize itself under the worst conditions in order to win trophies(international trophies I mean.)

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• This list does not have any value at all! If you want to evaluate the performance of players based on stats, you should check point/set statistics. The reason that most of players from Modena are high on the list is simply that they played more sets. :rolleyes:

• I don't understand why Natalia or Gibbemeyer would play in Switerzland since they will clearly have so much better proposals next year.
    That said, I don't know why Akinradewo is still playing there.

• I think De Gennaro and De Kruijf are at a level to match the other teams also

You are about De Gennaro, I forget to mention about her. However, I do not agree with you about De Kruijf. She is great attacker but awful blocker. To me the principal role of an MB is blocking, that's why Robin just a good attacking MB but she can't be compared to Poljak, Fetisova, Rasic, Kübra, Adams, Thaisa :whistle:

• You are about De Gennaro, I forget to mention about her. However, I do not agree with you about De Kruijf. She is great attacker but awful blocker. To me the principal role of an MB is blocking, that's why Robin just a good attacking MB but she can't be compared to Poljak, Fetisova, Rasic, Kübra, Adams, Thaisa :whistle:

I agree with you in a way. For a team like Dinamo, the MBs are not used a lot so their role in the team is mainly to block so Poljak and Fetisova are perfect for this and De Kruijf would be a bad player for this team. Conegliano play a quick game and use the MBs a lot, they really make good use of De Kruijf's attacking skills so much that Robin is their top scorer in Serie A1 this year. For players like her and Akinradewo I think attack is just as important as blocking

• I don't trust Kosianenko. She can really be sloppy with her decisions. That could really benefit Conegliano.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• USAvolleyfan
    They use a lot Foluke (maybe I should writte in singularly not in the plural) and why they don't use Orlova more ? Because She is average attacker, if they have great attacking MB like Gibbemeyer/Stefanovic or Veljkovic.. than they would use them most of them, when they can ofc. And they can make way easier for other players.
    And if they would transfer someone like Lloyd than She would for sure them like crazy.

I wouldn't only transfer Bosetti because of reception, main reason is because of her defence... Bosetti is perfect in defence better than some liberos. That is something what was missing to Volero this season.

• I'm not saying I agree but in order to capitalize on the strengths of Foluke then you need good receivers. Opposites can just hit in the pipe anyway.

Mine would be like this though:

Natalia-Fabiola/Glass
    Foluke-Gibbemeyer
    Gabi/Rabadzhieva/Carcaces
    Honestly though, why would top players go to swiss league anyway?!?

Bosetti is very good blocker, She can jump very high. If you are asking about her blocking than you probably haven't watch her in Pomi.. And I wouldn't let Olesiago(Natalia over her ? LOL) She is great OPP...
    Pomi don't have tall OH and they are doing just fine, why ? because of strong MBs and strong OPP with Gabi(way better than Tirozzi) who is very good attacker and defensive player, and Olesia who is better than Fabris, then for Volero would look like upgraded Pomi.

• Blocking skills has nothing to do with height.

Gabi can block. Just watch the games Rexona vs Minas, and you can see she can even block Hooker. And for example in the last game, Hooker scored 20 points, but she got blocked a bunch of times. And Rexona is a super short team, Gabi 1.80, Monique 1.79, Carol 1.83, Juciely 1.84.

In the Club Championship, Rasic and Carol were the 2 highest blockers with 25 each., while Rasic is 1.93, Carol is only 1.83.

Rahimova is 1.98 and she even gets blocked in Japan.

Blocking is a skill that sometimes has a lot to do with strategy.

• of course blocking has to do with hight..to say it has nothing to do with height is unreal..gabi and bosetti might jump high but this is about block height/block reach again and it requires extra energy for short players to jumg higher.
    this doesnt mean all the tall players are good blockers
    takeşita had once blocked gamova .lol but nearly all the attackers got thousands of points over her..

you have to have some hight to reach/touch the balls of those high jumping players

shorter players can be good blockers too but generally all MBs are tall you know

i dont object to blocking is connected to team strategy as well

• Looked at the stats, Goncharova is actually the best scorer of the tournament so far if we go by ave./set (unsurprisingly, she also has the most attempts together with Brakocevic). Re Moscow vs Conegliano, I think Moscow block can hold up against attacks of opponent team. If Goncha plays her usual level and she scores 8+ points set, they can win this match.

• I hope Vakıf vs Conegliano final
    I can't believe to Moskow

I think Vitra vs Moscow final will be equally interesting. Kosheleva will be playing against her teammates from NT, and both DLC and Poljak are former Eczacibasi players but that's just me.

• Conegliano has a long bench, but without Bricio (even she was a bit out of shape after the long stop) and especially De Cruijff it won't be that easy to get the final, I'm afraid...

• Lucia Bosetti We watched enough.In Turkish League never enough capacity also Neriman Ozsoy. Turkish League serves is very hard also all blockers and spikers very strong.
    Neriman while not enough receive and offence in TL She took thırd scoreres in Italian League.Turkish League very different.

I hope Rasic will play and Vakıf will eliminate to Ecz.

• that's just me.

Ecz ıs not happy Koshes's performance.Even though She take only small area never receive.She will change with Hande a lot.
    I don't know How Is Dela Cruz arm and her performance.Maja Poljak While Ecz. only take block points no 2 no offence.I am not sure moscow
    But nevermind Vakıf vs Cong or Vakıf vs Moskow