CEV Champions League 2017

• :drink: Conegliano

I guess this means they make the CWCH as well

I hope they beat Vakifbank, but I will be surprised if they do. Vakif's serves will be too good and keep them out of system

• Congrats to Conegliano, very nicely done today. Fawcett and Robinson :cheesy: I hope they beat Vakifbank anyway they can.
    Moscow definitely not enough to get the win today, Goncharova wasn't able to finish the set when her team desperately needed her. Both Pankova and Vetrova were terrible, Fetisova clumsy. Malova was the only one who did a good job.

• Ortonali`s experience helped in the end. But Danasi and Folei outplayed big time Poljak and Fetisova.

Folei 11 points / Danesi 10
    Poljak 4 points / Fetisova 7.

and of course Skorupa played way way better than Pankova.

Vow...the arena was not even full for Conegliano`s game, if I remember right Pomi`s last year was sold out. I hope more people show`s up tomorrow.

• I can't believe that's the same Fawcett who started the season with sarıyer and performed poorly, now playing in CL F4 and actually doing nice!

She actually did not play that well, only 33% in attack 14/42, and Skorupa saved the match when it was 24/23 for Moscow and Faucett got blocked but Skorupa saved the ball, otherwise they would have gone to a 5set. But Goncharova played bad also....

• Vow...the arena was not even full for Conegliano`s game, if I remember right Pomi`s last year was sold out. I hope more people show`s up tomorrow.

Unfortunately I saw that coming checking the planimetry of the maps on the ticket-selling website. Still, it was fuller than I expected looking at the numbers of free seats (there where at least 3-4 areas with 250 free seats or similar, plus other areas not sold out but with less free seats).

Anyway, I'm sorry that lots of Conegliano fans showed only for the second semifinal, but unfortunately in Italy I don't think there is a big culture/interest about not-italian volleyballs and teams (may be for the NTs, not for the Clubs). I thought this time – since the price of the tickets was high and it's a pity to miss a well payed match – more people would have shown for the turkish derby, but I thought wrong.
    I must admit though that the first match wasn't that entertaining

May be, since Conegliano is in the final, tomorrow other people from the area will decide to buy the single ticket...

• Unfortunately I saw that coming checking the planimetry of the maps on the ticket-selling website. Still, it was fuller than I expected looking at the numbers of free seats (there where at least 3-4 areas with 250 free seats or similar, plus other areas not sold out but with less free seats).

Anyway, I'm sorry that lots of Conegliano fans showed only for the second semifinal, but unfortunately in Italy I don't think there is a big culture/interest about not-italian volleyballs and teams (may be for the NTs, not for the Clubs). I thought this time – since the price of the tickets was high and it's a pity to miss a well payed match – more people would have shown for the turkish derby, but I thought wrong.
    I must admit though that the first match wasn't that entertaining

May be, since Conegliano is in the final, tomorrow other people from the area will decide to buy the single ticket...

Is it just me or men's volleyball in Italy is more popular than women's? :what:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I'd say it's more popular by quite a lot.

Men's?

I guess it can be possible when guys like Zaytsev, Vettori and Giannelli can be really dreamy. I'm not even mentioning the fact they are tall, hot and handsome. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I wonder who's happier tonight between the two of us... :thumbup: :drink:

I have two amazing victory to celebrate today :cheesy: :cheesy: (I don't remember if you follow the male league too)
    I deserved that after the sadness of the last Saturday, with the two defeat in the CEV Cup final :P

• Ecz created World Volleybal History's fiasco , The most expensive and stars and No Cup.TL,TK,CL No Win.
    I hope next year max 4 foreigner players and will go to Cev Cup.
    Also Iknew Moskow never trust to volleyballlovers.
    12 Eliminate and 11 won by Vakıf It is amazing.

Final We will see.Conegliano no have Bricio and Robin.

• Is it just me or men's volleyball in Italy is more popular than women's?

It is! Especially if we compare the league (with the NT the gap is smaller imho).
    Despite that, Conegliano at home is followed pretty much as the 'big four' from the male league (if not more, especially if you consider that Lube and Trento have smaller arena, 4000ish vs 5000ish). Gazzetta made an article about that few weeks ago, I'll try to put here the data the next days, if you're interested.

• Ecz created World Volleybal History's fiasco , The most expensive and stars and No Cup.TL,TK,CL No Win.

Well, they still won the WCCh.
    BTW, I've never liked the fact that they have so many foreign players that they must leave some in the tribune (what a waste!), so I'm definitely not sad about their defeat, even if I really love many players of the team (especially the Serbian duo).
    Better to spend money to host the Final4 :P

I hope next year max 4 foreigner players and will go to Cev Cup.
    Also Iknew Moskow never trust to volleyballlovers.
    12 Eliminate and 11 won by Vakıf It is amazing.

Final We will see.Conegliano no have Bricio and Robin.

They actually won one and probably the most important of them all: FIVB CWC.

#FreeBritney

• It is! Especially if we compare the league (with the NT the gap is smaller imho).
    Despite that, Conegliano at home is followed pretty much as the 'big four' from the male league (if not more, especially if you consider than Lube and Trento have smaller arena, 4000ish vs 5000ish). Gazzetta made an article about that few weeks ago, I'll try to put here the data the next days, if you're interested.

I would love to. :dance4:

#FreeBritney

• I have two amazing victory to celebrate today :cheesy: :cheesy: (I don't remember if you follow the male league too)
    I deserved that after the sadness of the last Saturday, with the two defeat in the CEV Cup final :P

I might say I'm a veeeery mild Modena supporter, but actually I'm not that much into male volleyball. As for Trento-Perugia, let's say that I'm happy for there'll be a Slo player in the final (you see, since I live on the border, I'm supposed to keep good relationships with my neighbours... ^^ )

(Sorry for going OT...)

• Saying that the World club championship is more important than tournaments that last months is really bizarre. Especially if you consider that it was in the beginning of the season, so most of the teams were not actually prepared. Let's see what Ecza can do next month, but I don't think they will manage to win again.