CEV Champions League 2017

• That's the least important of them all. It's a glorified exhibition, basically. I'm sure players coudn't care less about not winning it as long as they won the CL and/or the domestic title, and the club owners must think that way too,

Exactly. It's useless competition just like Grand Champions Cup for NTs.

Looks like CL title is not in the cards for Maja Ognjenovic. I wonder what she will do next season since Eczacibasi won't play CL for sure. She wanted that title so much.

• Watched VakifBank x Eczacibasi and I'm just disappointed with both teams. It was a really boring match. Without Rasic 100% healthy, Vakif is a completely normal team, that depends too much on Zhu. On the other side, with or without Thaísa, with or without all the stars, Ecza only wins if Boskovic plays her best, and it didn't happen today, mostly because of Vakif's great defense, that studied her really well. I just hope Ecza doesn't renew contract with Kosheleva and Maja, who are great players, but just didn't happen there.

About the comments about Sloetjes: she started really well, but, in my opinion, she is far away from the level of the best spikers in the world. In a match that she "played great", she scored 14 points, while Zhu, in a "normal" match, scored 24.

• Watched VakifBank x Eczacibasi and I'm just disappointed with both teams. It was a really boring match. Without Rasic 100% healthy, Vakif is a completely normal team, that depends too much on Zhu. On the other side, with or without Thaísa, with or without all the stars, Ecza only wins if Boskovic plays her best, and it didn't happen today, mostly because of Vakif's great defense, that studied her really well. I just hope Ecza doesn't renew contract with Kosheleva and Maja, who are great players, but just didn't happen there.

About the comments about Sloetjes: she started really well, but, in my opinion, she is far away from the level of the best spikers in the world. In a match that she "played great", she scored 14 points, while Zhu, in a "normal" match, scored 24.

Someone said Maja has another year on her current contract, not sure about Kosheleva. To be honest it didn't happen here this season for Adams, Larson, any of them really. Only Boskovic has been consistently good (I know she wasn't today). The team is just badly put together, the players don't fit with one another and Barbolini doesn't help either. The most important change they need to make on the roster is the coach IMO. But if they don't qualify for the CL they will surely not waste their money on 6 foreigners again so it will be interesting to see who stays, who goes and who comes in

• Someone said Maja has another year on her current contract, not sure about Kosheleva. To be honest it didn't happen here this season for Adams, Larson, any of them really. Only Boskovic has been consistently good (I know she wasn't today). The team is just badly put together, the players don't fit with one another and Barbolini doesn't help either. The most important change they need to make on the roster is the coach IMO. But if they don't qualify for the CL they will surely not waste their money on 6 foreigners again so it will be interesting to see who stays, who goes and who comes in

They can't play in a consistent way if they are allowed to be on court all together just in the CL matches, once or twice in a month. :whistle:

• Well winning CL is really important, but winning the World Championship is really important also. Especially for the sponsors. There`s more fans around the world watching the Club Championship than watching the CL. Which means their brand are getting "more popular" if their team is playing at the Club Championship than in the CL>

For example, I was at the youtube chat last time during Sexi-Taubate with braziians fans, and nobody was talking about the CL games....everyone was talking about the Club Championship.

Some fans that are not from Europe don`t watch CL and they don`t see it as important, because it is not part of their culture.

And it comes down to taste....I`m not from Europe so I really dont care for the CL, I even said before, I`m a Boskovic fan, I dont even mind Vitra lost in the CL, because I want Vitra to win the World Championship because I personally considered it more important.

plus what is the $$$ prize for CL compared to Club Championship? .

either way....all tournaments are important. This thing to say one tournament is not important or is this or that is BULLSHIT.... this happens when your team looses and people get pissed.

If a tournament was not important they would not be playing.....

plus, if the Club Championship did not matter, why would clubs play $100k to compete??? Let`s Vakfibank wins CL, why would they want to waste their time in Japan? they could just end the season on a high note with the CL tittle.....But they paid $$100k and they will play in Japan because winning a world title matters a lot.
    The Italian League even changed their playoffs schedule because of the CWCH. They would play best of 5 in the final, but with Conegliano in the CWCH they will play best of 3 only. Again, if it did not matter winning the Club Championship, why would they do that??? !!!!!

That's the least important of them all. It's a glorified exhibition, basically. I'm sure players coudn't care less about not winning it as long as they won the CL and/or the domestic title, and the club owners must think that way too,

• Who said the world club championship is not important? ?( ?( 8| ?( 8| I think everyone agrees that it is important. I find CL and TL more important for the clubs and players because they spend almost the entire year practicing and preparing for that. No one signs with any European club thinking mostly about the world club championship. The main focus is always the league and of course the CEV/CL cups.

Of course Brazilian fans don't care that much about CL, considering that there is no Brazilian team playing it and this year there is no Brazilian player in the F4, which makes it even worse. Two Brazilian teams are playing the world club championship so it is pretty obvious that everyone is anxious about it, especially because of the rivality between Rexona and Nestlé. There is a internal fight here because Nestlé has won the title before and Rexona hasn't.

• what i find funny is people saying wcch is less important then cl and turkish league even thought u play against best teams in the world and competition is lot stronger then both cl and turskish league and it requires way more skill and endurance due to it short spam so actually wcch is a lot harder due to its short length,in cl u have basicly 4-6 teams that are really good rest are just average and i did write an entire post about it before,and i just have to add something about ecz and their problems it seems to me first their coaching staff is a disaster and biggest reason they didnt win anything this year i wouldnt be surprised if barbollini stays for next year as well,whoever is ecz menager should just use her brain bit more or step aside ,wouldnt be surprised if they signed conegliano s coach for next season if they decided to fire barbollini that is the attitude of turkish experts for some reason they think only italians have good coaches,second kosheeleva is not for this team her attacking is just not constant and her reception,passing,block and defence are a disaster i think if they hired mihajlovic instead of her they would have stronger roster if the idea was to go for power and i know mihajlovic wasnt that good in china but i think asian clubs dont suit her style of play so to say,third ecz mb in general during the whole season showed dissapointing performance overall but that may be due to disastereous coaching so barbollini was forcing tijana way to mutch ,forth as someone wrote they depend on tijana way to mutch,nobody can step inn if she is having a bad day and that is its achilles heel,just like absence of rasic is to vakif which was obvious so mutch during the time she was injured,fifth it seems to me the players just dont click well with each other especially kosheeleva and thaisa but adams seems bit distant as well from what i saw not just on court but throw media off the court as well u need good chemistry off court as well to have good team

• Re the performance of Kosheleva, I haven't seen her play this bad too. This is the end of a reign for Kosheleva (Goncharova too?) as Europe's best attacker. She is definitely far from her form since ECH 15 or even from last year. Russia will most likey concede their title at this year's Euro volley.

• Re the performance of Kosheleva, I haven't seen her play this bad too. This is the end of a reign for Kosheleva (Goncharova too?) as Europe's best attacker. She is definitely far from her form since ECH 15 or even from last year. Russia will most likey concede their title at this year's Euro volley.

Hard to say.

Kosheleva being involved in the receiving even just by a little could help Scherban and Malova somehow.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• any links to Dinamo - Ecz ?(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Malova was very bad yesterday at first part of the match but after that she started to play like crazy. Now it is same situation. I hope She will wake up :)

• Eczacibasi should keep Hande for next season and let her to play whole season to improve. She is very good and young OH.

• Why didn't Maja play like this yesterday? :white:

Ask her receivers. :super:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney