CEV Champions League 2017

• You and your sick conspiracy theories :aww:

• Probably because Naz is the only good Turkish setter that the other clubs have to get great foreign setters instead of getting better players from other positions?

I don't think so. There were years where Ozge was better than Naz or about the same level. Guidetti even pleased her as "the best turkish setter at the moment" when they won their first CL.
    Right now Gamze is the best turkish setter, no doubt. So Naz is not the only good turkish setter. Just my opinion.

• She has always been. There is a reason if Eczacibasi stopped winning the TL every year...

Probably because Naz is the only good Turkish setter that the other clubs have to get great foreign setters instead of getting better players from other positions?

In general, people tend to underrate the contribution of good setter. Naz was one of the most decisive factor for the balance between big 3 clubs in Turkey for last decade. You can see that the titles were dominated by the club that Naz played starting with her early years in Eczacıbaşı, then FB and Vakıfbank afterwards. Of course she is not the only reason behind the success but she has major role. This will be more obvious when she will take a break next year due to maternity leave. Only good local setter who can play in a top team besides Naz is Gamze (even she is a level below Naz and she lacks the experience and blocking skills). Playing with foreign setter is the major problem of Eczacıbaşı and FB for many years and it will be the same case with Vakıfbank without Naz. :S

• people making stupid comments "i think larson is overrated", "i think rasic is overrated" the fact that you (shiznut, rbdfabio, shame, whoever) take people's opinions too seriously on a sport makes you look pathetic and so what if some here likes to kiss american players's ass? whether they are or are not great wont really affect you nor any other people to me the only time your compalin would be valid is if you dont like those who kiss the ass of someone like edrogan or trump because those are the ones that can negatively impact the lives of many people.

• people making stupid comments "i think larson is overrated", "i think rasic is overrated" the fact that you (shiznut, rbdfabio, shame, whoever) take people's opinions too seriously on a sport makes you look pathetic and so what if some here likes to kiss american players's ass? whether they are or are not great wont really affect you nor any other people to me the only time your compalin would be valid is if you dont like those who kiss the ass of someone like edrogan or trump because those are the ones that can negatively impact the lives of many people.

U just said it all... And I truly find myself really stupid when I get into these kind of arguments here. Because at the end of the day our opinion as fans does not matter. We can say who is good and who is not, but that does not means anything. Because the clubs and coaches will hire whoever they think are the best. And we may say a player is playing good or bad but again it does matter because all that matters is what the coach and club thinks.

I love chatting with people about volleyball. And I don`t know any other volleyball blog with open chat like this one. That`s why I still come here.

I`ve never been to Europe and don`t have any friends from Europe, so I did not know it is part of the European Culture to be "American`s Suckers"... Now I understand why Americans are over praised all the time over here, or at least way more than players from other countries. And whenever I say one bad thing about a american player, u guys think I`m a hater, russian spy or a terrorist.

It just makes sense now. This blog is just not for me. I probably will still log in to check some results/stats, but this is my last time posting. Take Care... :wavy:

• first of all we have a right to comment on volleyball and volleyball players seeing this is a volleyball blog and we have a right to compare players and coaches and have opinions on it so i dont get how does that make someone pathethic,to u any kind of opinion is pathethic, secondly usantvolleyball it is u that hates some people on this blog and bring politics into this ,none of us did it and i even said dont bring politics into it so i dont get why u bring political propaganda into a volleyball blog u have many political blogs and u can spread your propaganda there thirdly i couldnt care less for who ever that guy is cause it doesnt affect me country i m inn or a country i m originally from,i have no ties to turkey or it s political system so why should i care at all when it comes to politics in the turkey and i see iceman u did bring politics into it as well commenting on those 2 u see there is loads of people that think otherwise then u and maybe those 2 are good guys to some people but u dont seem to see people praising them on this blog which makes u look pathethic and a hypocrit i repeat again dont bring politics into this and rbdfabio u shouldnt care about people like that and u should continue posting on this blog

• And RBDFABIO, even though I disagree with your comment on me about me calling Fawcett's performance on semi-final 'nice' ( not brilliant, spectacular, amazing; I only said 'nice') meaning better than I expected considering she was in sarıyer, a below average team, and even there she was not better than a below average player, and performed nicely in CL semi-final and contributed her team getting into final. This actually shocked me because I was not expecting ANYTHING from her---->and the reason why I said 'nice' to her was definitely not about being afraid of being called 'russian spy' or 'terrorist', I wrote this because I liked her performance in semi-final, and it was the one and only comment I wrote about an American player, so I condemn your generalization.

But as I said, even though I disagree with your offensive generalization, overall it is nice to have you around, and I hope you won't hesitate to share your opinions about volleyball because of some stereotype over Europeans. :win: --------> speaking of which, in public opinion I'm not even considered as 'European', LOL

• "i like to keep it real" hmn on a thing such as player comparisons (who is the best setter, who is the more valuable libero etc) that is meaningless? i think "keeping it real" means "i dont like what the other person said about the player so i'll make some bold claims which would then stroke my ego".

if someone here makes a comment "hey icey arent you generalizing us too much?" uhm here's the deal i communicate with other people the way they also communicate to others which means that if your "offensively generalizing" just like what ezo said then i'll be "offensively generalizing" to you as well and you know what's funny? i read something like "might look like i m trying to pick a fight it is just my way of a discussion lol" hmn if that is the way of discussion then that is also the way people are going to discuss with you in other words if you really like to "keep it real" (more like ego masturbation really) then dont complain about how other people will react.

• I'm sure most people here don't think anything like that about you. I may not agree with you on everything but you are a good poster with a lot to say and if you mostly enjoy talking on here then I think you should keep doing it. Of course it's your choice but I think most of us would prefer if you kept posting :D

• Rbdfabio you aren't leave the forum and you are still going to post!!! You have a lot to stay, as well as letting me know when matches are and how to watch them.

I was disappointed yesterday when I got on the thread and the negative back and forth and what some seemed to get personal. Losing is never fun and we are all passionate about teams and players. But it was some good volleyball to watch. I'm sure there is a better playoff system and getting a bid just because you host shouldn't be a given. Yes teams who have money have an advantage. But FIVB should figure out maybe a better system but...

It still takes each player on the court to win or lose. We are lucky that we still have clubs that a still fielding teams.

I wish we in the USA had the opportunity to have leagues here.

• Why many of your want Barbolini's head rolls? People forget he was the coach who beat Vakifbank and won the CL last year.