CEV Cup 2017

• Stuttgart shows maybe 60% of what they can do. Just like in Cup final Nichol chokes under pressure, makes mostakes she'd never show in a "normal" match, no connection with MBs...

For Pomi Turlea is really impressive :super:

• Turlea scored 9 points in 1.set, that is very good :)

And now Pomi is showing much better performance...

• though road for Galatasaray
    first Lods in the 8th finals
    if they can beat them
    then Dinamo Kazan in the semi final
    if they can beat
    then probably Casalmaggiore in the final (considering Fabris is back and they beat yamamay)

• btw..
    while Stutgart is in Cev cup, why is Schwerin in Challenge cup ?
    what was the rankings of them in the league last year ?

Schwerin deliberately wanted to play in the lowest European cup because their goal is to win the cup and they saw bigger chances in Challenge cup than in CEV cup. Quite a questionable way of doing things, but well...

• I have seen the match Stuttgart vs. Casalmaggiore live, with disappointing number of just 1.300 spectators (our record in CL was about 1.450 last season) of 2.250 possible, but playing under the week is always bad. But the right ones were present, we were extremely loud and could acoustically even outdo the not too small Casalmaggiore fangroup. Believe me, we give our players a lot of power in our SCHARRena, probably more than any other German team gets at home.

There are statistics on one side and a story on the other: overall CL champions made less errors (18 to 30 of Stuttgart) and served better (only one fault more than aces, Stuttgart had negative difference of 6). But the sensation was the attack efficiency: despite our outside hitter Renata Sandor was not completely fit and only playing first two sets, we had a small edge in attack efficiency! (40% vs. 39% by the superior team) This hints indeed to the injured main attacker Samanta Fabris as missing team member, this should not happen, I think, despite our firepower (main opposite Whitney, outside hitters Sandor and Mlejnková) is pretty high for a German club, at most Schwerin has similar values in this regard. But middles were condssiderably more efficient on favorite side (Gibbemeyer/Stevanovic).

About the story: Stuttgart started with the right posture and risk in attack, because Italien teams defend extremely well in block and field. They made just a few too many errors in first set, this was the central reason, why Pomì won first set, doing nearly no error by their own. Second set saw a decreasing Renata Sandor, reception issues at Stuttgart while outstanding serving performance especially by Stevanovic and Guerra.

But nobody warned them obviously about Stuttgarts comeback quality: as we turned the German cup final against Schwerin, even trailing two sets our team was capable of doing extremely well in third and fourth set with seldom playing substitute Julia Schäfer, who was a largely unknown factor (aside from receiving very well, what she learned in Münster) for them too, I think.

The tie-break was mainly won by service by Casalmaggiore again, despite our team had a considerable lead in the first half. That our total recpetion values were better is IMHO due to the very high risk in service, our players had to apply, to avoid easy sideouts by Italian team (correct choice, because fast attacks of their middles were almost all the time deadly).

So overall there was even a chance to defeat them, but to be honest: it is better for us to go down next week in Casalmaggiore, because we need now all force for the more important playoffs, trying to realize the little chance against Schwerin to win the championship in Germany. That's the reason, I'm not disappointed at all... not only, because it was a good match of us. Maybe they can win another set in Italy, but nothing more, I guess, without our strong fan support.

• Schwerin deliberately wanted to play in the lowest European cup because their goal is to win the cup and they saw bigger chances in Challenge cup than in CEV cup. Quite a questionable way of doing things, but well...

Rationally it can be explained, but I think of this posture as unsportsman like behaviour: you should play what you are qualified for, as long no severe reasons are against it. Schwerin would have had the chance, to get Stuttgarts right to play in CL qualification, which we could not afford financially and physically, not capable to get into the too difficult group phase, where as expected the teams of the four strongest leagues in Europe participating qualified (Turkey: Eczacibasi, Russia: Krasnodar, Italy: Modena, Poland: Dabrowa Gornicza), but Schwerin might have been able even to kick out Dabrowa Gornicza? They have roughly budget of 1.5 million Euro compared to Stuttgart with 1.0 million Euro, to remind you.

• Schwerin deliberately wanted to play in the lowest European cup because their goal is to win the cup and they saw bigger chances in Challenge cup than in CEV cup. Quite a questionable way of doing things, but well...

hmm interesting!
    thanks
    2 years ago Bursa BB. had beat Schwerin with Lonneke at semi final
    lets see what will happen this time

• hmm interesting!
    thanks
    2 years ago Bursa BB. had beat Schwerin with Lonneke at semi final
    lets see what will happen this time

Schwerin is much stronger now than two years ago as team, Bursa is pretty good too - as mentioned, hard to predict.

• Scoring only 10 points in 5 sets (Guerra) and 7 points (Bosetti) is disaster for OH duo. If you have Bosetti who is like libero in your team you need have OH who will score a lot of points in attack.

I don't see Pomi as winner of CEV CUP or that they can win tital in Seria A with this team. They need to change something fast in their game, Lloyd needs to start using much more MBs like She has done before, because Pomi OHs can't score a lot points...

• Scoring only 10 points in 5 sets (Guerra) and 7 points (Bosetti) is disaster for OH duo. If you have Bosetti who is like libero in your team you need have OH who will score a lot of points in attack.

I don't see Pomi as winner of CEV CUP or that they can win tital in Seria A with this team. They need to change something fast in their game, Lloyd needs to start using much more MBs like She has done before, because Pomi OHs can't score a lot points...

Well Guerrra should be the attacking OH, unfortunately she's not.. The other option is Tirozzi, who's also not a great atacker.. That leaves them with limited options

• Remember when I said a while ago Pomi`s problem is that they are all about Fabris? she is always the one only scoring? And what was that? because Llyod would set way too much for her and would not use the OH and MB enough..

and look happened now it Fabris gone? Llyod is kind lost because setting only to Fabris was easy, and she is having a hard time giving Guerra and Boseti good sets, and she has 0 connection with Stevanovic and Gibbymeyer. And she is always trying to score herself, and when the setter starts doing too much of that she looses focus on the game.

Turlea did not have problems scoring in this game....against Bisonte, Guerra played as OP and she scored 20 points. That clearly shows LLyod only knows how to use the OP side right now.

Same happened with LoBianco and Bergamo.

Scoring only 10 points in 5 sets (Guerra) and 7 points (Bosetti) is disaster for OH duo. If you have Bosetti who is like libero in your team you need have OH who will score a lot of points in attack.

• Referee in Galatasaray - Budowlani game :lol:
    Looks like he wouldn't see the error on Galatasaray's side even if they had touched the ball 5 times :D

• Referee in Galatasaray - Budowlani game :lol:
    Looks like he wouldn't see the error on Galatasaray's side even if they had touched the ball 5 times :D

Jack didn't touch that ball :) So it was only 3 touches but he is bad in general.

Too many simple errors in GS side at 2nd set. Nihan & Ruseva having a bad day.

Great performance by Grabelna! I hope she will get her spot in the NT from Van Hecke :super:

• That 2nd set tho... Why did Gala sleep after that comeback.. And Leys is sometimes quite bad in reception for a receiving OH. Other then that they are not really struggling, but really bad that they threw the 2nd set like that :hit: