You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 11:17pm

Congrats. to Bursa BB.
winning second set seems crucial for the match

I think, that Schwerin was once more vulnerable especially in the head: the statistics of Schwerin were not that bad, but they started bad in first and fourth set and couldn't get managed the crunch time. Of course Bursa has the advantage to play in a much stronger league than Schwerin, who has only one truely (nearly) equal opponent in Germany (Stuttgart), while Bursa plays lots of matches in the season against powerhorses like VakifBank, Fenerbahce, Escacibasi or at least nearly equally strong opponents like Canakkale. Anyway, to win with three points in Bursa is kind of mission impossible for Schwerin, the chances are heavily on Bursas part at home...

Studying statistics confirmed my view: main issue was, that Schwerin made way too many errors (34 compared to 25 of Bursa), so despite serving better (6 aces more) and receiving better didn't help them. Attack efficiency was also in favor of Bursa (44% to 40%), partly due to making more errors in attack too (see above). This is quite unusual, because in German league Schwerin is very constant and making few errors usually - hints to a not sufficient mindset of them today.

Thursday, March 30th 2017, 10:04am

seems Fatma Yıldırım was injuried playing against Schwerin..
@stefans..is it serious ?
meso mi ra se beno...

Phil

Professional

• "Phil" is male

Favourite Team: Atom Trefl - Azeryol - Vakıfbank - Modena - RC Cannes

Favourite Players: Chen Wan Ting, Nootsara Tomkom, Maja Ognjenović, Neslihan Demir, Samanta Fabris, Anna Werblińska, Erika Coimbra, Erika Araki, Piyanut Pannoy

Thursday, March 30th 2017, 2:58pm

German national Saskia Hippe (opposite) was once again like a scoring machine, Olympiacos is certainly glad, that they hired her (despite Germans are not that popular in Greece currently for reasons, but this is a friendly sport and it seems not to be an issue there luckily).

I agree. Saskia played really good according to stats. I'd like to see her back in German NT.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Thursday, March 30th 2017, 4:34pm

She collided with Joyce while trying to save a ball and after the rally she fell down crying and was limping off the court with an injury in her left knee.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Friday, March 31st 2017, 6:24am

German national Saskia Hippe (opposite) was once again like a scoring machine, Olympiacos is certainly glad, that they hired her (despite Germans are not that popular in Greece currently for reasons, but this is a friendly sport and it seems not to be an issue there luckily).

I agree. Saskia played really good according to stats. I'd like to see her back in German NT.

There will be hardly an alternative to nominate Lippmann and Hippe as opposites this national team season.

Friday, March 31st 2017, 11:32am

She collided with Joyce while trying to save a ball and after the rally she fell down crying and was limping off the court with an injury in her left knee.

ok..i hope its not serious
Bursa has a limited roster and she is important for passing and defence
meso mi ra se beno...

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Sunday, April 2nd 2017, 2:58pm

Olympiacos first finalist!

Before you worry too much, I remind some facts regarding the return match in Eastern Siberia today:

air temperature around -1 degrees of centigrade, while raining. Time zone difference 4 hours to Greece. Very long flight to the venue for Olympiacos, probably with relay over Moscow. So the first two sets the Greek team was not really there, before they began to play in third set, but Krasnoyarsk won also that one, causing the decision to be made in Golden set. After 13:13 only two points would decide, who proceeds to the finals, and than Olympiacos PIRAEUS made it with these two next points. Saskia Hippe was the only scorer for the Greek team with good values, but this is the sum also of the three first sets.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Sunday, April 2nd 2017, 5:24pm

And Schwerin is out, as expected: while they put a good fight in first set of return match after Bursa winning that 25:23 anyway, resistance was broken and Bursa won the next set clearly, sufficing for getting to finals.

So final is Bursa vs. Olympiacos Piraeus.

SHAME

• "SHAME" is male

Favourite Team: USA (W/M) - BRA (W/M) - PUR (W/M)

Sunday, April 2nd 2017, 6:15pm

Ok, let's have a fresh starts on the forum. I won't answer anymore to some trolls, just to serious people.

-----------------

Well. I like both teams. Bursa BB should be an example for most of the turkish clubs. They have the best management beside Vakifbank. :teach:
"Voglio i tuoi occhi quando sognerai per farmi rimanere qui"
"...come la terra la pioggia d'estate"
"Io ti ho coperto le spalle, scoprendo tutto il mio cuore"
- Emma :heart: :love:

Sunday, April 2nd 2017, 9:08pm

Congrats to Bursa!

i wouldnt be upset if Olimpiakos had got the title bcz Bursa had won it once
when countries like Greece,Romenia etc succeed in its good for those countries voleyball
meso mi ra se beno...

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Wednesday, April 12th 2017, 11:55pm

Astonishing comeback by Olympiacos PIRAEUS: after BURSA BBSK too the first two sets with relative ease, including serving very well, the Greek home team was able to strengthen reception by substitution considerably in the second set already, and that paid of in the following sets: they won the last three, i.e. the match in the tie-break and have a chance to win the trophy in Bursa, despite it will be much harder there of course. Again Saskia Hippe was top scorer (20 points) for Olympiacos ahead of Joyce da Silva for Bursa (19 points).

Thursday, April 13th 2017, 9:35am

Congrats to OLimpiacos!

good job winning the match from 0-2
they are good at away matches as well
they had beat Çanakkale 3-2 at away match
they can beat Bursa BB if show their best in BUrsa BB!
meso mi ra se beno...

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Gamze, Kosheleva, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa

Saturday, April 15th 2017, 3:20pm

Bursa has an amazing start to the match :obey:

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Saturday, April 15th 2017, 3:24pm

Obviously they will win the first set, but in Piraeus they won even the first two and lost in the end...

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, April 15th 2017, 3:38pm

The libero of Olympiakos is doing a very poor job so far both in reception and in defense. And Hippe is very good so far at hitting straight into the block :roll:

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Gamze, Kosheleva, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa

Saturday, April 15th 2017, 4:02pm

Obviously they will win the first set, but in Piraeus they won even the first two and lost in the end...
i know I watched that match as well from beginning to end, Not trying to bring Olympiacos down but IMHO Bursa saved the victory for Bursa crowd. I only like Saskia Hippe (a lot) and a little bit Lazarevic in Oly the rest are quite mediocre imo. I mean just watch Ivana Milos attacks after 2-0 or Joycinha in Piraeus

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Saturday, April 15th 2017, 4:03pm

Let's see, if this match tips as the first one... it is well possible, that Bursa will avert this tendency this time of course.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Saturday, April 15th 2017, 4:24pm

And be aware: Olympiacos levels at 21 both!

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Saturday, April 15th 2017, 4:29pm

Okay, Bursa wins the cup the second time, but this was not as easy as one could have expected.

flyingdutchman

Inside-Volley.com Expert

• "flyingdutchman" is male

Favourite Team: Dutch NT, LiB Aachen

Favourite Players: Buijs, Beliën, Plak, Bongaerts, Daalderop, De Kruijf, Sloetjes, Boskovic, Zhu Ting, Wolosz, Akman, Eda, Kim, Ognjenovic, Mihajlovic, Naz, Castillo, Herbots

Saturday, April 15th 2017, 4:31pm

Congrats to Bursa !!!

But, WHY f"*cking All#h Akbar-chants ??? Are Bursa-fans AKP-fans or what?

HAYIR !!

Edit: sorry for off-topic, but it smakes me insane, hearing AKP-chants in the gym during a women's volleyball-game...