CEV Champions League 2018

• In order to help get away from all this negativity, I would just like to point out the incredible last 12 months that Milena Rasic has had.

In that period, she won almost all that there was to win. First, with Serbia she won the WCH qualification group. Then she got bronze at the World Grand Prix (one of only handful of competitions she did not win with her team in this period) . The she won gold at the European Championship (there are only two players who were members of the team in both 2011 and 2017 gold-winning squads, Milena Rasic and Tijana Malesevic). And then the dream-season with Vakif, with 4 titles in the bag.

She is quickly becoming one of the most decorated European players of all time (and she is still only 28; she can play at the world-class level for 3-5 years more). :heart:

I agree.. she's one of those players who are young and you feel like they have been around forever.. same goes for Veljkovic, Naz

• In order to help get away from all this negativity, I would just like to point out the incredible last 12 months that Milena Rasic has had.

In that period, she won almost all that there was to win. First, with Serbia she won the WCH qualification group. Then she got bronze at the World Grand Prix (one of only handful of competitions she did not win with her team in this period) . The she won gold at the European Championship (there are only two players who were members of the team in both 2011 and 2017 gold-winning squads, Milena Rasic and Tijana Malesevic). And then the dream-season with Vakif, with 4 titles in the bag.

She is quickly becoming one of the most decorated European players of all time (and she is still only 28; she can play at the world-class level for 3-5 years more). :heart:

She will be the captain of vakifbank next season~~ :teach:

• Rasic has seniority but I'm sure Zhu will be the next captain. She seems to care for the team a lot more...

She has the charisma and passion for it but I don't think her English is good enough yet to glue the team together. As a captain one needs to communicate with the team mates a lot for encouragement and strategies etc. The language barrier doesn't make it easy. She is still working hard on it and improving her English continuously but she's not there yet.

• She is quickly becoming one of the most decorated European players of all time (and she is still only 28; she can play at the world-class level for 3-5 years more). :heart:

There`s a reason why last year`s final 4 she played while injured and still won Best MB..... She`s the best player on the net. Her presence makes her opponents think twice whenever they will spike.... No wondering why Conegliano had so many chances but simply could not get a kill to close out that set.... RASIC was on the net....and with her on the net every spiker is afraid they will get blocked so they can`t just jump and spike hard....they gotta think before hand and this is what leads in Rasic getting blocks, touches or simply making the spiker tip it over or spike softly ....and some people wants to call Fabris out by saying she could not get a kill...as we saw in the Turkish finals not even Boskovic could get past Rasic.... :heart:

• can't believe people are arguing so much about the MVP and Gozde. Those who bashed Gozde can't represent Zhu or Zhu fans

Could you be more specific and tell us which so=called "Zhu Ting's fans" here are bashing Gozde? If you're unable to provide some factual elements to prove your claim, I'm obliged to conclude that you're either an authentic idiot don't know what you're talking about or you're just another hypocrite and pretentious loser trying to impose your so-called "opinion".

• She has the charisma and passion for it but I don't think her English is good enough yet to glue the team together. As a captain one needs to communicate with the team mates a lot for encouragement and strategies etc. The language barrier doesn't make it easy. She is still working hard on it and improving her English continuously but she's not there yet.

Well, when Guidetti was asked by the turkish press for the player to replace Gözde as captain , Guidetti said the captain should be someone who pushes herself in front for the team and he has in his mind a name but won't tell yet. That sounded like Zhu to me.

Indeed a great player. That's why I always think re-signing Rasic and Robinson is a no-brainier. Now, let's see if Vakifbank will bring back Lonneke. Personally i think Vakifbank needs a little more than Lonneke to stay competitive in both Turkey and EU considering they just lost Gozde and Naz.

• Could you be more specific and tell us which so=called "Zhu Ting's fans" here are bashing Gozde? If you're unable to provide some factual elements to prove your claim, I'm obliged to conclude that you're either an authentic idiot don't know what you're talking about or you're just another hypocrite and pretentious loser trying to impose your so-called "opinion".

hmm I don't get your point? what are you objecting regarding my statement.
    my statement was simple and straightforward. "Those who bashed Gozde can't represent Zhu or Zhu fans"

by objecting it, you meant "Those who bashed Gozde can represent Zhu or Zhu fans"
    Was that your point?

second part of your post was pure personal attack and I am not going to respond to that.

• hmm I don't get your point? what are you objecting regarding my statement.
    my statement was simple and straightforward. "Those who bashed Gozde can't represent Zhu or Zhu fans"

by objecting it, you meant "Those who bashed Gozde can represent Zhu or Zhu fans"
    Was that your point?

second part of your post was pure personal attack and I am not going to respond to tha

I'm not objecting your statement. I'm just asking you to provide us some factual element to prove your claims that the so-called "Zhu fans" here are bashing Gozde.

My second part is conditional. All depends what kind of elements you have to prove your claims. If all you have is just a pathetic blanket statement with false accusation, then my second part would apply to you and I don't consider this as personal attack.

• OMG I AGREE GUYS RASIC IS JUST OUT OF THIS WORLD, LETS KEEP THE SUBJECT WITH RASIC *hint*

I"m pretty sure Milena will be the captain next season and indeed it would be the best possible pick. Also agree that sometimes even just her presence is intimidating to the opponent side, she will be imo one of the people we can call legend in the future and I'm sure her attack will improve again soon. She was not bad in the final for example. Sill the best MB in the world currently

• Rasic has seniority but I'm sure Zhu will be the next captain. She seems to care for the team a lot more..

Contextually speaking (culture, language, seniority), Rasic would be better candidate comparing to Zhu Ting. But politically speaking, Zhu could become the next captain because of the MVP controversy. For myself, I prefer Rasic than Zhu as Vakif Captain because of the context.

• I'm not objecting your statement. I'm just asking you to provide us some factual element to prove your claims that the so-called "Zhu fans" here are bashing Gozde.

My second part is conditional. All depends what kind of elements you have to prove your claims. If all you have is just a pathetic blanket statement with false accusation, then my second part would apply to you and I don't consider this as personal attack.

I see your point.
    I didn't follow all the posts I have to admit. In the last few pages I saw a lot of arguments over 'bashing Gozde' or 'Gozde doesn't deserve MVP' and a lot of posts defending her. You are right in a sense that I haven't seen any post that directly attacked Gozde. I assumed people were defending Gozde because she was under attack. So in fact she was never under attack at all? if that's the case I apologise for my statement.

But then i don't understand the situation. No one said anything bad about Gozde then what are people defending Gozde for?

• I see your point.
    I didn't follow all the posts I have to admit. In the last few pages I saw a lot of arguments over 'bashing Gozde' or 'Gozde doesn't deserve MVP' and a lot of posts defending her. You are right in a sense that I haven't seen any post that directly attacked Gozde. I assumed people were defending Gozde because she was under attack. So in fact she was never under attack at all? if that's the case I apologise for my statement.

But then i don't understand the situation. No one said anything bad about Gozde then what are people defending Gozde for?

Well, you should ask your questions to those who "defending" Gozde. And btw... be careful with "assume". Because sometime "assume" could mean "to make an assss out of you and me".

• I close the topic for a while. Let's see if you can stay in topic when it will be opened again.

IMO there is no need to re-open. CL 2018 is over and it wouldn't improve here.

Thanks for closing. If the tone of communication of the last days continues, there will be more closed topics and also banned users. Nobody enjoys this :!: