CEV Champions League 2018

• This is about the time Hill would have gone on one of her long service runs or she would have made a great save or a timely spike. She was good at the most important moments.

Totally agree! although zhuting saves vakifbank this time. i will say vakifbank will lose to imoco volley if gozde keeps receiving like this.! Vakifbank has to buy kimberly hill back from imoco volley!! :teach:

• Gözde will probably announce her retirement soon so it is only natural for her to slow down, what I don't get is VB keep insisting on her while she is 1 not delivering right now and 2 probably will leave the team very soon. Tugba was supposed to replace her but she is not playing good at all atm and needs some time to gain experience playing in smaller teams imo, she is not anywhere near what she is expected in VB. VB needs a reliable defensive/all around local OH and there are very few of those in the world let alone Turkey. There is one however: Fatma. Fatma is definitely the best receiving/defending Turkish OH atm and is sometimes even better then the libero and her spikes are decent as well as she is a very fast player. Problem is from what I hear Fatma does not want to play for Vakif/Ecz as well as some other players from different positions. A lot of decent local players actually have refused offers from big clubs for obvious reasons thats probably why they got Tugba as she is forced to join them even if she didn't wanted to. Big clubs can't get every local player they like.

• Gözde will probably announce her retirement soon so it is only natural for her to slow down, what I don't get is VB keep insisting on her while she is 1 not delivering right now and 2 probably will leave the team very soon. Tugba was supposed to replace her but she is not playing good at all atm and needs some time to gain experience playing in smaller teams imo, she is not anywhere near what she is expected in VB. VB needs a reliable defensive/all around local OH and there are very few of those in the world let alone Turkey. There is one however: Fatma. Fatma is definitely the best receiving/defending Turkish OH atm and is sometimes even better then the libero and her spikes are decent as well as she is a very fast player. Problem is from what I hear Fatma does not want to play for Vakif/Ecz as well as some other players from different positions. A lot of decent local players actually have refused offers from big clubs for obvious reasons thats probably why they got Tugba as she is forced to join them even if she didn't wanted to. Big clubs can't get every local player they like.

Yes, next season will be challenging for vakifbank, i think it is quite normal. Lots of fenerbache local players also go to eczvitra this season.

Although galatasaray plays well in last two sets of this game, there is still big pressure for them. If they want to get any title this season, they have to beat vakifbank, ecz vitra or fenerbahce at least one match !!

For my point of view, galatasaray is stronger than fenerbache when they are totally ready! :)

btw, after gozde retired, there will be a big problem for turkish national team at oh poisition. fatma even can not reach the level of gozde now! :teach:

• Anyone know the contract expiration for the top teams players? I think Lonneke will leave because she has already won everything at club level plus don't think she wants to play for Guidetti after he left Netherlands. So Vakifbank will likely need to find a replacement for Lonneke. Also will need replacement for Gozde. Who else?

• Gözde now is a little overrated if you ask me, she was pretty bad in NT season and still very shaky in club season. Not that she is bad but I'm just saying she is a little overrated.
    I disagree with this, imo Fatma is already much better defensive OH then Gözde for a few years now. Many teams want Fatma already like I said but Fatma chose to play for Bursa and not Vakif or EczV. Watch Bursa vs EczV and you will get my point. Fatma can receive and defend much much better then Gözde who is actually quite shaky generally. I think it will be good for NT that Gözde leaves, I like her passion but there are many many younger OH's that already are better then her or have lots of potential. Meliha is better then Gözde as well if you ask me. I hope Gözde can become NT coach though one day, there are very few players as passionate as her in volleyball world. :box:

• Gözde now is a little overrated if you ask me, she was pretty bad in NT season and still very shaky in club season. Not that she is bad but I'm just saying she is a little overrated.
    I disagree with this, imo Fatma is already much better defensive OH then Gözde for a few years now. Many teams want Fatma already like I said but Fatma chose to play for Bursa and not Vakif or EczV. Watch Bursa vs EczV and you will get my point. Fatma can receive and defend much much better then Gözde who is actually quite shaky generally. I think it will be good for NT that Gözde leaves, I like her passion but there are many many younger OH's that already are better then her or have lots of potential. Meliha is better then Gözde as well if you ask me. I hope Gözde can become NT coach though one day, there are very few players as passionate as her in volleyball world. :box:

And now you're delusional.. is it true that Gozde is not performing as good as she was or as she's expected? It is, she's underperforming so far.. but saying Fatma and even Meliha are better than her is pure nonsense.. I'm happy Fatma is doing a good job this season, but she's no where near the level that Gozde was some years ago.. she can be useful for Turkish teams, but I don't think she's a game changer, or star material for the NT.. also she's 27, so she might as well consider playing for some big teams and make some money, because you never know when you're game is gonna starting to drop.. About Meliha I can't even talk... after the WGP 2014 she was a disappointment, now thanks to Hande she got some more playing time.. I'll be real amd say she delivered, had some really good games, but has also been replaced quite a lot too.. with her reception and defense skills she can't get near Gozde

• And now you're delusional.. is it true that Gozde is not performing as good as she was or as she's expected? It is, she's underperforming so far.. but saying Fatma and even Meliha are better than her is pure nonsense.. I'm happy Fatma is doing a good job this season, but she's no where near the level that Gozde was some years ago.. she can be useful for Turkish teams, but I don't think she's a game changer, or star material for the NT.. also she's 27, so she might as well consider playing for some big teams and make some money, because you never know when you're game is gonna starting to drop.. About Meliha I can't even talk... after the WGP 2014 she was a disappointment, now thanks to Hande she got some more playing time.. I'll be real amd say she delivered, had some really good games, but has also been replaced quite a lot too.. with her reception and defense skills she can't get near Gozde

I totally agree, but Beri is known to make these blunt judgements about players after a few good/bad matches so don't take her serious :rolleyes:

• Ok personal attacks started again...

Gözde was very tragic in NT season and it is obvious that we don't need her anymore especially when watching her for 11 matches in club. What is so game changing about Gözde lol, she tips every single ball and can't even receive well. And I am not talking about just yesterday. Remember her game changing reception in Ech? :lol:

Fatma was great in NT and Club for several YEARS now but people started thinking she was not good enough only after her bad ending of season + NT performance last year which was after an injury. And then I am the one only judging on single performances. The girl is covering every single player of her team including the libero obviously she is the best receiving Turkish OH even Gio would agree on this. My opinion is Fatma is better then Gözde and even Meliha is better then her which is not based on a few matches. I can understand if ppl say Gözde is better then Meliha.

In the end this is all my PERSONAL opinion so learn to respect that and get over it without feeling the need to attack me on a personal level or even belittle me. You can just ignore me or disgree with me but I should be able to say my opinion without being belittled. I think it is better to not write much anymore in this forum as some people are very much against different points of view. (I don't know why you signed up in a forum then but anyway...)

• I thought Gözde did a great job in European championship this year, didn’t she scored like 22 points in the bronze medal match against Azerbaijan?
    In the club level, she does seem a bit tired after two sets. But her fighting spirits and her 100% delivery in big moments is impressive. The last few points in the match yesterday, she is fearless and made a few very difficult kills at that critical moment. Especially the one Zhu bump set her from the back the court. She did make a few receive mistakes yesterday. I hope Giovanni don’t over use her as she is not 20 anymore, but use her at critical moments.

• Ok personal attacks started again...

Gözde was very tragic in NT season and it is obvious that we don't need her anymore especially when watching her for 11 matches in club. What is so game changing about Gözde lol, she tips every single ball and can't even receive well. And I am not talking about just yesterday. Remember her game changing reception in Ech? :lol:

Fatma was great in NT and Club for several YEARS now but people started thinking she was not good enough only after her bad ending of season + NT performance last year which was after an injury. And then I am the one only judging on single performances. The girl is covering every single player of her team including the libero obviously she is the best receiving Turkish OH even Gio would agree on this. My opinion is Fatma is better then Gözde and even Meliha is better then her which is not based on a few matches. I can understand if ppl say Gözde is better then Meliha.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? :white: Gözde was one of the best receiver of the whole tournament :aww: She received with 48,47% and attacked with 44,70%, which is a great ratio for a defensive OH (also consider Neriman attacked with 39% and your beloved Meryem attacked with 38%). :roll: Gözde was our best player in both semifinal against SRB and bronze medal match against AZE. She was also very good against Russia in both group match and quarterfinals. She was shaky against BUL and POL but she delivered when it actually mattered!

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=29732
    http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=29731
    http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=29712
    http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=29729

Is this what you call tragic? :whistle:

Fatma-Gözde comparison is also pointless:
    Gözde received with 49% while Fatma received with 33% in Turkish league this season. How do you call Fatma as the best receiving Turkish OH? :what: She is not even best receiver in her team (Leys). She doesn’t cover anyone actually, she receives so much because opponent team’s prefer to serve against her, considering other options are one of the best european receiver Leys and again one of the best receiver libero of the league Aylin. ;) She only covered more space in a few rotation when Bytsenko played. While Fatma plays with such a receiving line, Gözde played next to Zhu. Moreover, Gözde attacked with 43% while Fatma attacked with only 34%.
    How did you miss this “watching her for 11 matches in club”? :roll:
    That’s what you do, making strong statements without any arguments supporting your claims. This have already been pointed out by other users too. Of course you are free to share your opinion but as long as it doesn’t have any ground, you shouldn’t be surprised when other users prove you wrong.
    All in all, Gözde is still one of the best receiver of Turkish league (even in Europe). She can’t keep up the same level throughout the season since she is not young anymore but she still delivers whenever it is needed. She is one of the key players in Vakıfbank and it will be very hard to fill her spot if she will really retire next season.

• You guys should really stop comparing your players and complain how bad she is or how bad she has been performing recently and in comparison to this player, that player is better :whistle:

There are no other users on this forum as you Turkish users who are talking sooo bad about your own players and always comparing them for NT material. Gözde and Fatma are not the same players, you can't even compare them. There is an age difference, there is an experience difference there is much more!
    Don't forget: Gözde today is the creation of Guidetti alone! Gözde wasn't this good years ago, its also all about with whom you are training with! Compare Gözde in the 2013 times, when she was playing for Vakif and Guidetti and with the NT and Barbolini! What did Fatma do? Where was she years ago? Right in the USA and played (studied) there! Its way to different and you are in a way insulting your own players, whereas there is really nothing you can compare between those players!
    Please stop saying "We don't need her anymore'', you are not the one who can judge this and in a way so unnecessary to mention this because she already said that this is her last season!

• All I'm asking from some people is to accept different opinions especially since we are all just spectators and some people saying this person or that person shouldn't be taken seriously is getting old. Unless you work at some of the leagues don't tell me that. I do agree that sometimes I make too fast conclusion but being the emotional person I am I can't help it. I added Neriman, Meryem (and Fatma) to my fave players list as gift for serdar who felt the need to belittle them as well out of nowhere. I guess being a bully is natural for him but I didn't notice any of it untill today as we were cool before this as far as I can remember.

harboboy I do agree that there are more things to look at when comparing players and the we dont need her sounded a bit disrespectful but it was a direct response to Leo as he thought her leaving would be a big problem which I disagreed on which he was fine with and USAVF disagreed on partly which is fine but not to everyone I guess.

Maybe we should stop being too off-topic before we all get banned :lol: I know this long post doesnt help but.. Lets say I will try to think more before I post stuff but expect at least people not being disrespectful in return.

• Gözde is still an excellent player. Without her, Milena Rasic and Zhu Ting, Vakifbank will be in big trouble. Her name might be not shining in a statistic score sheet, but her leadership and her amazing way to motivate her teammates make her an excellent glue for the team. To be honest, I don't see any Turkish player can replace her or someone has her aura.

• Gözde is still an excellent player. Without her, Milena Rasic and Zhu Ting, Vakifbank will be in big trouble. Her name might be not shining in a statistic score sheet, but her leadership and her amazing way to motivate her teammates make her an excellent glue for the team. To be honest, I don't see any Turkish player can replace her or someone has her aura.

Yes, that is true. She is still the best available person for vakifbank. We can not always have such a all-star roster in champions league as last year (with kimberly hill). :teach: