CEV Champions League 2018

• Last year... they had Maja Poljak and Bethania De la Cruz. Their current roster is clearly a big downgrade so we see this kind of performance from Dinamo Moscow even in Russian Superleague.

I think Dinamo Moscow has enough money to buy great foreign players but I feel they are also probably concentrating on their native players so they went with this kind of team. Not that strong but given the level of russian superleague. Enough to win trophies with Goncharova as their main attacker. This obviously isn't going to cut it in the european competitions. :rolll:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Let me give you an idea. Dinamo Moscow only has one true OH with scherban as starter. Isaeva/Stolyarova is an opposite who plays as an OH so we can imagine some discomfort with this team having to play with just two good passers.

As they say... Money talks and Turkey has that. Even a team like Nilufer probably has more budget than Dinamo Moscow atm and we could see they look really terrible compare with what they have last season.

Don't be ridiculous, even Goncharova's salary itself is probably more than Nilufer's budget :rolleyes:

• If I'm not wrong. Someone already said that her salary is around 1M$. Ofc She would play abroad if this is not true. She is great player and every top team would like to have her in their team.

I'm not surprised with this win of Galatasaray. Dinamo Moscow is noting special to me. They have only 1 or 2 very good attacker.

• I just can't wait to watch Imoco- Agel P. But that match will not be interesting. And for me Match of the Week is Fenerbahce - Igor Novara.

• If I'm not wrong. Someone already said that her salary is around 1M$. Ofc She would play abroad if this is not true. She is great player and every top team would like to have her in their team.

I'm not surprised with this win of Galatasaray. Dinamo Moscow is noting special to me. They have only 1 or 2 very good attacker.

This seems not so likely. I do not think anybody said it. Pankov talked about salaries in an interview couple of years ago and he said Gamova and Kosheleva received the highest amount in the league while earning around 20 million rubles, equivalent of around 350 000 euro, and because of the very weak ruble in relation to western currencies the last three-four years or so, it is even more hard to believe. Surely she has a nice income, but I do not think salaries of this type exist at all in female russian volleyball. Simply, if this type of money would exist there it would be a location that attracted more players, but of course I cannot say for sure.

• why are you so eager for a match which will be concluded most probably 3-0 in favor of Conegliano ?

And why I can't be ?

• This seems not so likely. I do not think anybody said it. Pankov talked about salaries in an interview couple of years ago and he said Gamova and Kosheleva received the highest amount in the league while earning around 20 million rubles, equivalent of around 350 000 euro, and because of the very weak ruble in relation to western currencies the last three-four years or so, it is even more hard to believe. Surely she has a nice income, but I do not think salaries of this type exist at all in female russian volleyball. Simply, if this type of money would exist there it would be a location that attracted more players.

Lol Gamova was the most paided player in the World when She played for Dinamo Kazan. She maid over 1.300.000$.

http://www.volleywood.net/voll…emale-volleyball-players/

• I hope some big Turkish team gets Goncharova next season, she won't grow if she stays in Russia. Imagine if she were to play in Fener or Vakif, in my opinion she is the second best opposite after Boskovic.

she doesnt seem to be a good fit for Vakıf system..she could be good for Fener but they also have a good opposite as Rahimova
    maybe she could come together with her compatriot in the same team GS, lol

• That is so petty.

I watch my favorite teams play against weak teams because they are my favorite teams. That shouldn't be a question that needs answers.

We don't want another "please stop praising Zhu" in this forum. Just let posters be and let them do as they wish. They're not exactly killing anyone. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I thought the same while watching. But I do not think Natasha is in perfect shape mentally. She lives like a vampire, often goes to bed for sleep like 3-4 am in the morning, and at least from what I have heard, has no real friend in life at all, and very poor connection with her team mates from a friendship point of view, regardless what some pictures on social media might suggest. She had one "friend" she hanged out with a lot, Nazarova, they were out partying a lot together and lived a really "glamourous" life, but Nazarova left for Maccabi and they are not friends anymore. Regarding the trophy and reputation aspects, I do not think she cares about such things, for me she seems indifferent to most things in life and the notion she does not even care, like Gamova, Sokolova and Kosheleva before her, to take the trip abroad when the domestic league descends level-wise in relation to other leagues reflects this.

Wow interesting where did you get all this info about Natasha? I read most of her interviews and basically she is saying volleyball is her life and she spends training most of her day, i.e.no time to go out partying, watch a movie etc. And besides, in these forums, she isn't highly regarded either by her attitude or her ability as a player. But I agree she seems indifferent most times regardless if she scores a point or she gets blocked. I almost want to say I miss the fiery Goncha back in those days.

• Goncharova gets a big share of balls per match. Sometimes being too intense hurts yourself when you are tasked to carry a team. It's probably her way of controlling her tiredness. It doesn't mean she's indifferent. Maybe she's just tired and she just doesn't want to show it.

#FreeBritney

• Wow interesting where did you get all this info about Natasha? I read most of her interviews and basically she is saying volleyball is her life and she spends training most of her day, i.e.no time to go out partying, watch a movie etc. And besides, in these forums, she isn't highly regarded either by her attitude or her ability as a player. But I agree she seems indifferent most times regardless if she scores a point or she gets blocked. I almost want to say I miss the fiery Goncha back in those days.

Yes, its probably true she has sacrifaced the "normal life" for a long time and I do not think she was partying very much while being so obsessed with her career, but I do not think this is the present mentality.