CEV Champions League 2018

• Bravo, Agil!

This match shows clearly why I would always choose all around over all about spiking players when it comes to OHs.
    Italian clubs dominated for ages in Europe building balanced team. I said it all.

I would be more worried about Imoco dropping 1 set at home against Prostejov than Agil dropping 1 point after beating Fenerbahce at their home.

Talking about Fener. Eda was really missed, but the I felt KYK was the one Fener really needed today: she was the best receiver, spiker and scorer of the team. Just imagine her + Rahimova.

BTW Fener lost a big chance when Guldeniz Onal left Galatasaray and they didn't try to sign her. Natalia-Jerkov due simply doesn't work.

On the other hand Tomkom is just marvelous: she always makes it easy for her spiker to kill the ball, her teammates always spike comfortable/perfect/free block sets. :obey:

• Meanwhile, Alba Blaj beat Developres 3-0 away and is now looking good to win their group. :white: Amazing stats for Cleger - she must have certainly improved a lot compared to the previous match against Volero, where her performance was memorable mostly for her hilarious attempts at serving that made Anne Matthes' infamous ECh '11 final serve look like a technical masterpiece.

I'm still annoyed Maritza vs Vizura was shown here instead of Fenerbahce vs Novara, which I was too lazy to search a stream for, but at least it was a nice performance by youngsters Lazović and Aleksić.

• No Eda no FB. Simple, her role in the team is much bigger then just being the MB. Remember last Turkish semi final golden set. 13- 7 14-11 to 14-16 win.

Jan de Brandt made terrible choices indeed. Fener basically led every single set up untill Jan de Brandt decides to bring Cagla (useless) and Polen (useless) and lose every single set then. It should have ended 3-0 Novara fighted well regardless, they did their job well whenever de Brandt screwed up

• So disappointed with Novara. They should've taken three points if not for their silly mistakes.

I'm still positive about their comeback but it wouldn't be easy next time when Eda returns for the home match in italy.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I'm happy Novara managed to win, but the game has been too nervous and the teams had too many ups and downs. Maybe the things could have gone different if Novara had won the first, but who knows...

Too many mistakes from both sides and most of the players were on their nerves: Gibby, Egonu and Skorupa especially, but fortunately they turned things around.

• Imoco literally destroyed Novara so I believe they can beat Fener.
    So happy to see Italian team beating Turkish powerhouse.

• i was in the hall and watch a live match after a while..

actually the match was not as i expected
    more than the half of the hall was empty.where are Fener fans ?
    congrats to Novara team

Fener looked so unmotivated during whole match.i didnt know what was the reason behind ? the captain's injury ?
    only Rahimova played.Dicle was useful too.the others were pretty bad especailly Natalia..im very disappointed by her game i hope she gets better in the next matches.i lawyas said that Jerkov was wrong transfer for this team.She cant kill cant pass cant defend!

i think with this loss Fener lost its chance..i dont think they can make it to the playoff6..i didnt like Novara team either.Chiricella played a good match..if Egonu wants to be top class OPP she should stop making those easy mistakes.

if Natalia-Jerkov could have helped Rahimova in the third set Fener could have won 3-0 which would be very good result on such a bad day

• Now We can say for sure that Seria A is stronge as Turkish league. Two most strongest league. Seria A is more balance(all teams are very good) but Turkish have "bigger" names.

Vakif - Zhu
    Fener- Rahimova
    Eczaci - Boskovic
    Gala - (should be) Kosheleva

After Conegliano beat Novara 25:14, 25:18, 21:25, 25:14, even with Eda, Fener doesn't have huge chance against them, but still I hope for very good match with less errors.
    Even if surprise happend and Fener won against them I don't believe it will be 3:0 or 3:1 for Fener.

Edit: Even Egonu made 9 errors in attack She is at 57% with her attack. When She figure out how to reduce this errors She will become monster.

• What I can't believe that their is group A with so many average teams, than you have group B-D with so many stronge teams.

• Barbolini needed 3 and half sets two to figure out that Plak is not working with her performance (12% in attack with 5 errors) to bring Enright in the game :hit:
    She made only 2 points..

• Barbolini needed 3 and half sets two to figure out that Plak is not working with her performance (12% in attack with 5 errors) to bring Enright in the game :hit:

Well, he got his second big win against a turkish team after the Casalmaggiore-Vakifbank CL final. I find it amazing, because many people made fun of him for his bad results with Eczacibasi... Whenever he has a team build well he archive. He's a bad selector (his choices as Italy NT coach proves it as much as Plak starting over Enright in the third set and fourth set), but excellent trainer.

• Lol crovolley ure funny but you got your points in a good timing with Eda gone and Natalia just out of injury. I would like to see you when Fener beats Imoco ;)

How can this mess of a match even conclude anything, both teams played very bad, but you wouldn't know since you tuned off at 0-2 :wavy:
    I don't want to go into this argument but its pretty clear Turkish league is the strongest, Italian is definitely 2nd and very strong as well but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Also am curious what Busto can do against Eczacibasi. Personally I find Italian mid range teams to be very overrated.

One thing is sure Eda is very important for Fener and with KYK gone Natalia needs to be in form again fast otherwise FB is indeed nothing special. Personally I find FB's subs too bad.

• Its crovolley himself, he can see the future didn‘t you guys know that? Well, yes he can for sure, he can judge future games and their outcomes by only looking at the score of past games. Crovolley logic: Fabris is the best, always whenever Fabris is playing good he praises her as a god player, whenever Fabris is playing bad, it is not her fault, she was injured before, it is the setter it is the passing but not Fabris herself.
    Crovolley logic 2: Conegliano beat Novara 3:0, Novara beat Fener 3:2 and this means automatically that Conegliano will FOR SURE beat Fener 3:0 because Novara which Conegliano beat 3:0 beat Fener 3:2.

You are such an inspiration for this forum crovolley thanks.

Turkish teams are beating Italian teams more often than the other way around but an Italian team beat a Turkish team now means (based on crovolley logic 3): Italian League is stronger :super: :super:

• Anyway, Novara may pay the loss point today, being the best second is gonna be hard (but I think they still have the mathematical chance to end up first in the group).

Silly me for this statement, I forgot they play two matches against each team of the pool!! :aww:

more than the half of the hall was empty.where are Fener fans ?

I wondered the same...

I don't want to go into this argument but its pretty clear Turkish league is the strongest, Italian is definitely 2nd and very strong as well but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I agree :thumbup:

• Well, if there are too much 5-sets game in group b. Maybe two of immco volley, novara and fener will be eliminated. good news for vakifbank! That is group of death! :teach:

According to the match results till now, it is big chance that No.1 in each group+chemik police+galatasaray will be in playoff 6! I think the host of final 4 will be in group b will solve the problem! :teach:

• I think the host of final 4 will be in group b will solve the problem!

I didn't think of that... But Italy hosted the Final4 the past two year so I guess Novara and especially Conegliano can't host (I think it's right, btw). And Fener... well, there wasn't many fan there yesterday, I would think twice about giving them the honor...

• Harboy I'm inspiration for everyone here. All of you Turkish fans act like like noone can beat your perfect 4 team and when that happens you guys started to attack and search for reasons for justification them. But I'm just fine. ;)

Leo It can happend that Imoco beat Fener two timey and Agel one more time, and they lost against Novara so that would mean that both Italian teams are going to Final6, but it is to early to predict this.

Vakif deserve to be host of Final4.