You are not logged in.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male
  • "StefanS" started this thread

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Friday, May 26th 2017, 8:58pm

It sucks for the players, especially players like Lippmann, which can use CL to improve her game. But at the same time, the level of German teams is really not high and they will never win anything if they can not sign world class players. And paying money to just compete it is not necessary a smart thing to do, unless you have money sitting around....10.000 Euro per match for the challenge system? VOWW That is expensive.

The same 10.000 Euro per home match are required for laola1.tv live streaming in CL group phase already for many years. Than add up the costs for referees' traveling and hosting, and don't forget the special CL carpet to play on (30 to 50 thousand Euro per season).

Sorry, I forgot the entrance fee for CL participation, around 20.000 Euro, if I remember right (WoV reported it some months ago). And I'm not sure, if I have all costs listed... generally speaking, the teams expect 100.000 to 200.000 Euro additional costs when participating in CL compared to CEV cup. No mercy.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Friday, May 26th 2017, 9:12pm

I found the page, where all the other fees are explained:

https://www.worldofvolley.com/News/Lates…ons-league.html

Should be possible to be found elsewhere in this forum, I guess. And this is more than I listed...

But finally, Schwerin COULD finance it, if they really want. As Dresden did in the past 6 years, it was not always easy for them, by the way.

Friday, May 26th 2017, 9:23pm

...Schwerin COULD finance it, if they really want. As Dresden did in the past 6 years, it was not always easy for them, by the way.

Exactly my point. Not easy, but something that could be done, financially, and should be done from a long-range volleyball development point of view.

Or become third tier league in Europe.

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/P. Barakova/F. Yang/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/L. Izquierdo/S. Matienzo/J. Rivero/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Todorova/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/D. Bağcı/Z. Todorova

Friday, May 26th 2017, 10:06pm

Eczacibasi will compete in CEV Cup next year so Schwerin won't be able to win that cup neither. Challenge cup is a joke, there is no point to compete there. I wish CEV would fuse CEV and Challenge cup and make one decent european cup instead.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Saturday, May 27th 2017, 6:42am

Eczacibasi will compete in CEV Cup next year so Schwerin won't be able to win that cup neither. Challenge cup is a joke, there is no point to compete there. I wish CEV would fuse CEV and Challenge cup and make one decent european cup instead.

Yes, there were already plans to fuse CEV cup and Challenge cup, but than to my surprise first mode of CL was changed. I hope too, they will fuse the both competitions as planned a few years ago in not too far future.

Saturday, May 27th 2017, 8:49am

Turkish League is too hard from Champions League

Social bookmarks