CEV Champions League 2018

• And maybe it will be just opposite. Volero makes very good CL season, people started to watch volleyball more, more people involves in German volleyball, and Bundesliga started to be very high volleyball league. Why immidietally to go with negative thoughts.

But Why He doesn't try with stronger leagues as Seria A or Turkish league. It would be much easier for players to play against CL teams when they are always playing high level of volleyball. Not only in CL.

• 3+1 foreigner rule makes it hard for a new club dominate the league. Although you transfer 3 top level foreigners, you cant beat even top 4 teams without good locals. The top level local players are very exclusive to top 4, I can't see they are leaving their club for a newly emerged team. Probably that's why Volero wants to join a league without foreign limt

• And maybe it will be just opposite. Volero makes very good CL season, people started to watch volleyball more, more people involves in German volleyball, and Bundesliga started to be very high volleyball league. Why immidietally to go with negative thoughts.

But Why He doesn't try with stronger leagues as Seria A or Turkish league. It would be much easier for players to play against CL teams when they are always playing high level of volleyball. Not only in CL.

The opposite indeed. Volero will be no match for serious clubs like Dresdner and Schweriner, so most of the teams will reduce their budjets in order to save money, waiting for the Volero thing to stop. Do you actually think a sponsor would like to put its name on a loser (no chance to win anything) club?

The only clubs who would actually enjoy this move are the ones from Switzerland.

PS: They need a league without foreign limitations. In Italy they would have to play with 3 swiss players on court. Turkey makes no sense for the same reason and geographically. :lol:

• German league intends to introduce a foreign player limit next season, but a rather "soft" one according to first reports. I assume for the beginning it will be that at least one German player has to be on court which is already not the case for a few teams right now.

I really don't see the Volero thing happening in Germany. At least I hope so...I don't need superstars here, I'm perfectly happy with a very balanced league with many young players who make their first steps on the way to become stars later.

• It was said that he had serious health issues and won’t be investing as he used to.

I don't think the new club will be a powerhouse wherever they end up. The money just doesn't seem to be there anymore. The sister club Le Cannet just got a 6 point reduction for not paying its players.

This seems not unlikely. His brother Dmitry Yakubovsky is the wealthy businessman and lawyer I suppose for a large part finance the project, perhaps not unlikely so for some cover-up activity to get away with money laundering, since he is trouble with the law back in his home country Russia and apperantely he has got a part of his assets frozen by the state. Perhaps this is a major reason behind the crisis to fund the teams of Volero and Cannet, even though this should be said is only pure speculation from my point of view ofc. I know nothing about the guy but he looks like Al Capone or Tony Montana: https://en.crimerussia.com/fin…n-by-federal-tax-service/

• Me too. A SB Community team is the very last thing I want in our league :down: If Stuttgart really is the club in question I hope their managers won't lose their minds. Such a project might work for a few years but in the long run the club will be dead once Jacobi withdraws his investments.
    And other clubs would have big problems to acquire/keep sponsors if it's clear from the beginning that the best they can reach is 2nd place.

I think, that I know our manager Aurel Irion well enough, that he will not go this path of strategic gambling, which would be indeed a risky one for Stuttgart. For the Bundesliga it would be for sure better, if no such hook from Volero happens, they have the chance now IMHO to develop themselves in the next few years fairly good. And especially Stuttgart may be capable to overtake all others including Dresden and Schwerin regarding budget and subsequently success in the next few years without such "joint ventures".

• After two rounds of group play, it looks like Vakifbank and Imoco Volley Conegliano are the two best teams. I would like to see them meet in the final. Conegliano doesn't have Ace attackers, but receive and serve the ball very well. Samantha Bricio, Fabris, and Hill all serve the ball extremely well. Vakifbank is the opposite, they attack the ball very well, but not receive well. Galatasaray has been playing better last few weeks after coach finally relieved Kosheleva of receiving duty, and let her concentrate on attacking. Neslihan receives the ball OK last few games.

• Fenerbahce vs Imoco Conegliano tomorrow. Can't wait for this match too happend.

Even though Folie is back with the team I think She is not yet ready. She is the last puzzle for me in this team.

Reception will be the key of this match, so that means if Fener can keep their performance at reception they will put very good fight, but if Imoco puts huge pressure at them with their jump servers (even from the bench - Nicoletti) they will have huge problems. Same with Imoco but their reception is very stable.
    Can't wait :box:

• Fenerbahce vs Imoco Conegliano tomorrow. Can't wait for this match too happend.

Even though Folie is back with the team I think She is not yet ready. She is the last puzzle for me in this team.

Reception will be the key of this match, so that means if Fener can keep their performance at reception they will put very good fight, but if Imoco puts huge pressure at them with their jump servers (even from the bench - Nicoletti) they will have huge problems. Same with Imoco but their reception is very stable.
    Can't wait :box:

I don't think Conegliano's reception is really stable.. Hill is a good passer, but not one of the greatest, and Brico for sure is not.. De Genaro also can make quite a few errors in reception

• Than you haven't watched Conegliano this season a lot. Ofc they can make reception errors but 80% of the game Wolosz can use her MBs if She wants to.

• As expected, Galatasaray served away the easy to shake reception of Grot Budowlani Lodz at Burhan Felek Salonu in Istanbul. Next Moscow is hosting the groups favourites VakifBank...