You are not logged in.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male
  • "StefanS" started this thread

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Sunday, June 18th 2017, 11:33am

Threat of boycotting the European Cups (i.e. the CL) by the Italian clubs: they attacked publicly both FIVB and CEV (and partly also the Italian federation) regarding playing schedules and slots in the CL. There are too many collisions of competitions regarding dates and too few berths for Italian teams - the last is as obvious as the first, considering their quality. Not explicitly mentioned were "leagues with better European cups ranking without being better" (meant are obviously Germany, but also Switzerland and the now giving up Azeri) and the fact, that no Italian team could get a free slot in CL (not even qualification), while the champions of Romania, Czech Republic and Serbia got fixed places in the groupphase.

Altogether, if negotiations with the mentioned federations doesn't result in acceptable changes for them, they would boycott next European Cups season 2018/2019.

Considering the importance of Italy in this sports, I'm sure, there will be negotiations, because this country is too important for both CEV and FIVB.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Friday, September 8th 2017, 8:58pm

An interesting press release by Asterix AVO BEVEREN (formerly KIELDRECHT) of Belgium: they have a new hall for this season, conforming to CL demands, want to give the many young players another set of demanding experiences and hope to make all of the team even more professional. So the hall may have been the main show stopper the last years, when they already qualified several times formerly to participate in CL, but didn't book it. Practically they should have no problem with Sliedrecht (NED) in the second (first pairing) qualification round, but have no chance in the third/final, when they will meet Imoco CONEGLIANO from Italian A1. But after that they will continue in CEV cup anyway, of course.

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Gamze Alikaya, Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak, Saori Kimura

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 5:09pm

According to head of Turkish Federation, Galatasaray already applied for hosting F4 in Istanbul!

Although I support GS, I don't like the idea. They did the same many years ago when they were in Champions League and it didnt work out well since they didnt play F6 round. However I guess both Vakifbank and GS will be in F4 anyway, so it won't be surprising if it is in Istanbul.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 7:35pm

According to head of Turkish Federation, Galatasaray already applied for hosting F4 in Istanbul!

Although I support GS, I don't like the idea. They did the same many years ago when they were in Champions League and it didnt work out well since they didnt play F6 round. However I guess both Vakifbank and GS will be in F4 anyway, so it won't be surprising if it is in Istanbul.

This seems indeed premature to me, but of course there will be enough (likely all three) Istanbul clubs in Playoff-6 to have good chances, that one gets the hosting right.

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Gamze Alikaya, Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak, Saori Kimura

Saturday, September 9th 2017, 7:53pm

This seems indeed premature to me, but of course there will be enough (likely all three) Istanbul clubs in Playoff-6 to have good chances, that one gets the hosting right.
That's what I thought too. It is too early to talk about it all but here is the interview with him: https://www.voleybolplus.com/2017/09/09/…-icin-basvurdu/ (unfortunately in Turkish).

However looking at squads, it will be a huge failure if GS doesnt make it to F6 this year.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Thursday, September 14th 2017, 9:50am

One of the three ridiculous feeble teams, which should not be accepted by CEV IMHO to play in this competition, has as first published its roster on CEV website: Sliedrecht (NED) to be found here http://www.cev.lu/Competition-Area/Compe…D=10597&ID=1036 .

They have indeed 18 players entered like one of the big Istanbul clubs, but all of them have to be considered not to be up to this task and will likely not win any set in opening round against Asterix (BEL).

The other two extremely weak teams are Brcko from Bosnia-Herzegowina and Kfar Saba from Israel: even CEV cup would be too much for them IMHO.

Phil

Professional

• "Phil" is male

Favourite Team: Atom Trefl - Azeryol - Vakıfbank - Modena - RC Cannes

Favourite Players: Chen Wan Ting, Nootsara Tomkom, Maja Ognjenović, Neslihan Demir, Samanta Fabris, Anna Werblińska, Erika Coimbra, Erika Araki, Piyanut Pannoy

Friday, September 22nd 2017, 9:43am

The other two extremely weak teams are Brcko from Bosnia-Herzegowina and Kfar Saba from Israel: even CEV cup would be too much for them IMHO.

Brcko is going to hire few foreigners. For example Henriette Koulla.

Social bookmarks