CEV Champions League 2018

• Goncharova's performance is disastrous lately. Sure, she'll score her points, but she gets blocked waaaay too many times and looks like she doesn't care the slightest bit about what's going on. And I mean she looks even more so than usual :D

• I hope Russian players will go different leagues next year.I can't see any improvement in some Russian players.

Lyubushkina went to Italy and I don't think I saw any improvement on her. :gone:

It's just probably difficut for Moscow to compete without any foreigners. Galatarasay wrecked their reception badly and I don't see how can Moscow recover without someone to hustle or distract everyone from Goncharova.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Lyubushkina went to Italy and I don't think I saw any improvement on her. :gone:

Actually I think the season in Busto was the best in her career.
    EDIT As the poster before me has already mentioned :rolll: Glad I'm not alone.

The main problem is that most Russian players aren't interested in playing abroad. As long as their own league had enough quality that wasn't a problem, but in the last years there has been a clear drop of the overall level. For example a player like Khodunova could never have played in a top team a few years ago and now she's starter in Dinamo...

• i was in the Burhal felek hall and i missed the toughets sets of the match : first two sets. i was able to watch from third set and third and fourt sets were easy for Galatasary though they lived a mini crises at the end of the fouth set after starting to celebrate too easly but the point difference was too much .Rabadzieva served very well in the fourth set and with her serves Gala dominated that set just like in the third set
    i liked Gamze's game..Kosheleva was good in the last two sets,so was Jack..Neslihan passed well and Rabadzieva served well
    Goncharova didndt play well.Moscow's middles looked better

i checked the stats and saw middle Jack played a very good game (best scorer of the match+ 6 blocks)
    Gala's young player Ilkin's jump serves are not bad at all

• Yes they are, because Volero can't overtake them now anymore. Only the last of the four second placed teams fails.

Actually they can. Volero has 2 defeats and 7 points they will play 2 matches and can have maximum 13 points and if GS loses against Vakif 3 points, then they will have 2 defeats and stay at 12 points.

• Actually I think the season in Busto was the best in her career.
    EDIT As the poster before me has already mentioned :rolll: Glad I'm not alone.

The main problem is that most Russian players aren't interested in playing abroad. As long as their own league had enough quality that wasn't a problem, but in the last years there has been a clear drop of the overall level. For example a player like Khodunova could never have played in a top team a few years ago and now she's starter in Dinamo...

I don't really see the strongest russian players leaving the league could help to elevate their game. The russian league would probably even suffer more from brawn/brain drain like Puerto Rico's economy.

I think the russian league should just try to modernize internally. There's no need to leave and ideally... that has to start with the coaches and the youth players. Old dogs rarely learn new tricks anyway but they can teach them what they know. :teach:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Actually they can. Volero has 2 defeats and 7 points they will play 2 matches and can have maximum 13 points and if GS loses against Vakif 3 points, then they will have 2 defeats and stay at 12 points.

That's very likely indeed, considering that Carillo is back to Volero :obey: :heart:

• That's very likely indeed, considering that Carillo is back to Volero :obey: :heart:

To add more: It is also not sure that one of the guaranteed teams will host the F4. It can also be a team which will finish third in the group stage and then 2 of the four second placed are in the play offs. This was also the case with Conegliano last year when they didn't even guarantee for the play offs but already selected as host.

• So it remains a mystery, why Gala team is so sure to proceed to the Playoff-6? At least it is highly unlikely, that all other second best teams will overtake them. By the way, VakifBank needs now just two sets against Galatasaray to ensure first place in the group, therefore Gala may get more from that match as some think...

• i once again remembered how a joke pool A was

if Volero makes it to the playoffs and one of Galatasaray-Novara stay out of it..it would be disaster!

Gala is going to face Vakıf
    Novara's job seems harder : today vs.Fener then vs.Conegliano..losing one of these match can mean bye-bye to the playoffs

Chemik should get at least one point from Kazan today

• i once again remembered how a joke pool A was

if Volero makes it to the playoffs and one of Galatasaray-Novara stay out of it..it would be disaster!

In my opinion it is the system that is wierd: At the moment you have 16 Teams in 4 Groups, why they reduce to 6 and not to 8 before going to 4? The classic 1st Pool A vs 2nd Pool B etc

Do you know if there is a reason for that?

• Dinamo Moscow is rumoured to become the organizer of the final round of the Women's Champions League. Zenit Kazan for the men's edition. Zenit Kazan seems to be almost official while Dinamo Moscow is just on the early stages of application. It could still end up with another club if the talks fall through. I doubt an italian club will have it again though.

It's been years since Russia hosted the tournament so it just makes sense that they should be the next.

#FreeBritney