CEV Champions League 2018

• So Carol and Buijs are playing better now in TL bcs of their past season in Brazil? Sure makes sense :lol: funny that their development started showing only after playing and training in TL.

Boskovic was a legend being made, but her playing in Turkish league for years is what made her this reliable and kept her strong (also mentally). To see Sloetjes development you can just look at her a few years ago and compare, completely different player. Im not saying this is all bcs of TL but you thinking playing all the time vs the best teams wont improve you makes no sense xD only players in TL that didnt improve are back up all the time or injured. Playing against the best will def improve you this is more a fact then opinion.

• I agree with you. Those players are already great but you just can't be a great team just by recruiting them. Team chemistry is a different subject which shapes the team more than you can with improving a player when you can just hide those weaknesses and strengthen what they are good at. It's what team work is all about. :drink:

I also agree that if every good player were in Turkey... then what's good left for the champions league? :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Stefana Veljković joined Chemik when Polish league was a lot stronger and the club had much bigger ambitions. She also felt good living there, so she extended her contract. Obviously things are different now, the league is not as strong, Chemik's budget appears to be lower as well as their ambitions and expectations. Her staying there had nothing to do with Lisinac, they've only been together for a year now and she had a valid contract with Chemik at the time for this season.
    Anyway, they've both said that they're leaving Poland at the end of the season and are moving to a new country/league together. It will be Italy, I assume.

• My point wasn't that it's a bad thing to follow your partner... in more cases it's women who follow their men, and I wanted to say they should give more credit to themselves so maybe the men can follow them.. Ognjenovic for example is one of the best in the world in her possition, but her ex on the other hand was not, and yet she played in a very weak league to stay with him

• I agree with you. Those players are already great but you just can't be a great team just by recruiting them. Team chemistry is a different subject which shapes the team more than you can with improving a player when you can just hide those weaknesses and strengthen what they are good at. It's what team work is all about. :drink:

I also agree that if every good player were in Turkey... then what's good left for the champions league? :gone:

:drink:

• It's not only about Turkish league.Playing different leagues, playing with different players and coaches are helping players developments.If you look USA or Dutch players, you can see their career generally starts at Polish or German league.Then they transferred to Italy, next station is Turkey.Every experience helps their improvements.Just look Hill and Robin.Both of them stayed Vakifbank 2 years, they became more experienced/solid players.

• Ognjenovic for example is one of the best in the world in her possition, but her ex on the other hand was not, and yet she played in a very weak league to stay with him

Come on, Teodosić was the hottest new thing in European basketball when they first got together and soon became the best playmaker in Europe. He was definitely making tons of money more than her. I do agree that she shouldn't have almost ruined her career because of him (the worst was when he moved to CSKA and she couldn't find a club in Moscow, so she didn't play at all for half a season), but the financial perspective was totally different there. I mean, the man is in NBA now.

A better example is Vesna Čitaković who wasted some of the prime years of her career playing in Israel(!) because she followed her husband, and he was never more than a mediocre football player. But again, the sad reality is that even as such he was earning more (or at the very least as much) than she would in most clubs, even in top leagues.

• This is getting ridiculous. It's actually fun talking about players' personal lives once in a while but we shouldn't be even be debating what choiceS they make. This is not Life is Strange the videogame. Players have their own feelings and we should respect that. :gone:

We're talking about 25+ years old females who probably wanted stability with their 25+ year old male partners who are vagabonds/mercenaries... their relationship is extremely unique as athletes with no permanent homes or work.

If they were only teenagers... I could understand if they want to gather experiences on their own... but these people are already mature enough to know what they want in their lives. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Her staying there had nothing to do with Lisinac, they've only been together for a year now and she had a valid contract with Chemik at the time for this season.

She said Poland was the second home for her. I guess this is why she plays in Poland 4th season in a row.

Kurek is in Turkey for no reason other than being with his girlfriend,

No. Grejman plays in Turkey because of Kurek. She wanted to play in Ankara. It;s the reason she plays for Karrayolari.
    If Kurek renewed with Skra Bełchatów, Grejman would play for Budowlani Łódź.

• young and talented players like Haak goes to Italy also italian scouts are very good at finding those kind of players....i dont remember if such a young player has ever come to Turkey ? ?(

Boşkoviç. is an exceptional pattern ..she was more than a talented player when came to Turkey.i feel she has improved so far..yet she needs to improve her attacks from 4..she is already very good at 2 and 6.

• At this moment we can be sure, that group winners Kazan and alongside with them Conegliano, VakifBank and Galatasaray proceed to Playoff-6. Today the last two matches can bring more clarity. There is still no (official) information regarding F4 hosts.

• Same with Antonjevic, she is more than ready for Turkey or Italy but no she stays with sb Community (Zurich)

She had too many serious injuries and so far she doesn't show anything special in Volero this season. I can't see her to be starter in neither Turkish or Italian top teams

• She had too many serious injuries and so far she doesn't show anything special in Volero this season. I can't see her to be starter in neither Turkish or Italian top teams

I can. The world knows her quality and how good she is as a setter despite her injuries. She had her glory days in Cannes and after she left Cannes she should have moved to Turkey and I am sure she got offers. Eczacibasi seems like they found their setter after signing a number of foreign setters. GS and Vakif have their local ones and it is obvious that Tomkom will leave Fener at the end of this season and there are almost no setters left who has not a height disadvantage.

• Galatasarays volleyball manager Böke stated in an interview for a newspaper that they took their nomination for being a host back. They talked with the whole staff and Ataman Güneyligil and came to the conclusion that Galatasaray can make it on their own to the F4, it means playing play off and advancing to the F4. He also said if no one else is going to be the host, and CEV gives it to GS then they would host it but for now they want to play the play offs.

• Galatasarays volleyball manager Böke stated in an interview for a newspaper that they took their nomination for being a host back. They talked with the whole staff and Ataman Güneyligil and came to the conclusion that Galatasaray can make it on their own to the F4, it means playing play off and advancing to the F4. He also said if no one else is going to be the host, and CEV gives it to GS then they would host it but for now they want to play the play offs.

It is good choice. They do not need to fight fenerbache and vakifbank in play-off-6. I think the host will be volero or dinamo moscow. :teach:

• Volero Zurich? They shouldn't even be wasting their time and money on the champions league.

The only way for them to go to the final is if Volei Alba Blaj miraculously win the playoff 6 and two clubs from the same country makes it to the semi-final.

I think Fenerbahce should rather try to recover from their injuries and just look forward to the league. If only winning the CL means an automatic qualification to the next CL season then it would make sense. Too much ambitions might just kill you off from winning anything important.

Dinamo Moscow is alright. Russia has not hosted the tournament for a long time and they were in a bad draw so luck had a part in their losses.

#FreeBritney

• Volero or Moskow hosting would be ridiculous.. the F4 will be much worse with any of those hosting. Volero is a joke compared to teams like Vakifbank, Galatasaray, Novara, Conegliano.. I would even prefer Kazan before Moskow

You have to think in the perspective of the the russian volleyball federation.

Because of the CEV league rank points and the nature of hosting the final round of Champions League. Some nations are able to manipulate the rankings.

If Russia just let Dinamo Moscow be eliminated before the playoff 6. It could affect the league ranking in the following years if russian clubs are unable to become successful anymore.

So the solution is not to let Dinamo Kazan host but to help the endangered club first. In that way... both clubs technically made it past the group stage which is infinitely better than only one club making it to the final round.

#FreeBritney