You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 4:41pm

Volero or Moskow hosting would be ridiculous.. the F4 will be much worse with any of those hosting. Volero is a joke compared to teams like Vakifbank, Galatasaray, Novara, Conegliano.. I would even prefer Kazan before Moskow

You have to think in the perspective of the the russian volleyball federation.

Because of the CEV league rank points and the nature of hosting the final round of Champions League. Some nations are able to manipulate the rankings.

If Russia just let Dinamo Moscow be eliminated before the playoff 6. It could affect the league ranking in the following years if russian clubs are unable to become successful anymore.

So the solution is not to let Dinamo Kazan host but to help the endangered club first. In that way... both clubs technically made it past the group stage which is infinitely better than only one club making it to the final round.

That's okay, all I'm saying is the quality of the F4 will be lower

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 4:58pm

Volero or Moskow hosting would be ridiculous.. the F4 will be much worse with any of those hosting. Volero is a joke compared to teams like Vakifbank, Galatasaray, Novara, Conegliano.. I would even prefer Kazan before Moskow

Because of the CEV league rank points and the nature of hosting the final round of Champions League. Some nations are able to manipulate the rankings.

If Russia just let Dinamo Moscow be eliminated before the playoff 6. It could affect the league ranking in the following years if russian clubs are unable to become successful anymore.

So the solution is not to let Dinamo Kazan host but to help the endangered club first. In that way... both clubs technically made it past the group stage which is infinitely better than only one club making it to the final round.

That's okay, all I'm saying is the quality of the F4 will be lower

I don't think the bar was set high for the final round in recent years. :gone:
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

harboboy

Professional

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 5:55pm

Is this fixed that teams coming from the same pool can‘t meet each other in the play offs?

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male
  • "StefanS" started this thread

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart, UYBA Busto Arsizio

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 6:03pm

Especially the CL is of course under influence of the big European federations - that's quite usual in sports. Or do you believe, they would do anything serious against the volleyball federations of Turkey, Russia or Italy (even Poland has more influence than any other as those four federations in CEV, I guess)? :D

harboboy

Professional

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 6:32pm

I mean we never mentioned Fenerbahce but they actually may host the F4 as well :whistle:

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 6:47pm

I mean we never mentioned Fenerbahce but they actually may host the F4 as well :whistle:

Is Turkey secure enough to host the final round?
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

harboboy

Professional

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 7:00pm

Is Turkey secure enough to host the final round?

Of course? It is much better than in the past.

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM & MIREYA LUIS

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 7:22pm

Sure Turkey is not like ultra safe but some people really have the idea its Syria or Iraq in here or something smh with that said though I dont think CEV's ideal pick would be Turkish. Don't know why you think its better then in the past btw harboboy, quite the contrary if you ask me. With the current war in Syria I dont think Cev will pick Turkey. Ofc you wont notice anything in Istanbul or most parts of Turkey but still, cant see CEV pick Turkey sadly even as a Turkish I have to admit this. Hopefully situation will improve soon without any craziness. :win:

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 8:22pm

That doesn't make any sense. CEV rankings are based on the best club from each country. It doesn't make a difference if 3 russian teams reach final-6 or only one. At the end Russia will get the same point. That's why Switzerland get same or even more points than most other countries who were competing in CL with more than one team. Only Volero Zurich was enough to keep them high in the ranking ;)

harboboy

Professional

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 8:43pm

The commentator got me, Mia Jerk of(f) :lol: :lol:

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 9:01pm

Not Rahimova's best set. Novara is not dominant either though (yet), Egonu played well especially in the earlier parts of the set

hudymk

Intermediate

• "hudymk" is male

Favourite Team: Polish teams

Favourite Players: too many

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 9:16pm

Why Polen didn't play?

• "crovolley" is male

Favourite Team: Imoco Conegliano, Scandicci, Pomi NT Croatia

Favourite Players: Samanta Fabris, Joanne Wolosz, Monica De Gennaro, Raphaela Folie, Ema Strunjak, Nikolina Bozicevic

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 9:36pm

Rahimova is just playing bad. She is perfect for Japan-Korea league just hitting hard over the block and that is it.

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 9:47pm

Egonu :obey:

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 9:48pm

How the hell is Bahar hitting those angles.. I mean line shot from 4, you wouldn't expect that from a middle

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 9:49pm

Rahimova is just playing bad. She is perfect for Japan-Korea league just hitting hard over the block and that is it.

Agree, she is not playing well against tall European teams. However, there is noone playing well in FB, so we shouldn't only blame her

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 9:50pm

How the hell is Bahar hitting those angles.. I mean line shot from 4, you wouldn't expect that from a middle

Ikr! :white: Bahar is really impressing me lately :rose:

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 9:56pm

Congrats Novara :thumbup: I hope they beat Imoco now as well and make F4 as they clearly belong there.

• "serdar" is male

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 9:57pm

She is indeed doing OK for an MB however, I think FB should let Eda play as OH. She has a good fundamental techniques just like Neslihan, those kinda players can play any position in a decent level :heart:

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 10:02pm

She is indeed doing well for an MB however, I think FB should let Eda play as OH. She has a good fundamental techniques just like Neslihan, those kinda players can play any position in a decent level :heart:

Well yeah, but I wouldn't like that.. Everyone knows I looove Bahar, and I'm really happy she's doing good, but it's kinda embarrassing to let hr play as OPP and have Polen on the bench.. the same would go for Eda.. maybe she would do better than Damla, but this is professional volleyball after all, and Fener isn't some kids club where you can experiment.. I'm not saying Eda would be bad as an OH though

Social bookmarks