CEV Champions League 2018

• Kazan should play much better than this with Vasileva and without her. Conegliano lost Robin De Krujif and She was very important for Imoco whole season.

• And next year it will be even more Italy vs Turkey clubs in CL because Italy will have 3 teams same as Turkey.

• I thought Galatarasay played inspired and in some strange way... even better without Kosheleva. Seda did not disappoint but Novara was probably more affected by Kosheleva's injury than their opponents and caused their level to fluctuate through out the match. That's how I felt from Novara's mood.

The only reason for the defeat of Galatarasay is usually the reason for all their defeats when Neslihan makes mistakes. Novara started serving effectively and mostly on her area. Whenever Neslihan plays great... everyone around her plays better but when she does not cope with the service pressure, Galatarasay plays worse. Just as Leo said... Neslihan is the key player of Galatarasay so even though Kosheleva was absent for the majority of the match. Their level was not that distant as long as Neslihan plays well.

Egonu was inconsistent but when she found her range and the necessary ball-handling for those chance balls Skorupa begun feeding her with surprise sets to attack from her own pass which brought confusion to Galatarasay's block and defense. At first she got caught with the tips by Galatarasay causing disarray for their team's counter attack leaving Piccinini or Plak as sole out of system hitters or herself less prepared to attack with the garbage balls.

Plak's serve also held the team together when pressure is on them when the score was tight. I think that also needs some mention.

Chirichella walks and runs like a 70 year old woman. I wish Italy has better MBs in the future. She just won't do.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• It seems to me, that Kazan is currently living by its great OH duo Mammadova/Vasileva. If one of those two is out, their system quickly collapses, if an opponent is good like seen today against Conegliano - and this will pose a major issue for Kazan also in Russia against Moscow. Vasileva is kind of key player, nearly not possible to play well without her...

• Kazan should play much better than this with Vasileva and without her. Conegliano lost Robin De Krujif and She was very important for Imoco whole season.

I do agree with you but we also have to factor that Russian Superleague only allows a limited number of foreigners for each team than in Italy or Turkey. It's hard to adapt when the transfer market is already closed or limited to few good players. Some times you just got to accept your fate and learn to adapt with the situation. Vasileva may be is just a mediocre player in Italy or Turkey but she's the best outside hitter in the Russian League. That's a great loss for Dinamo Kazan.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• i generally agree with you..Galatasaray doesnt have a "clear" out-of-sytem player such as Zhu,Boşkoviç or Egonu..the players in Galatsaray to do that job to some extent are Kosheleva and Neslihan.i was in the hall.Plak's serves seemed dangerous to me and Neslihan was struggling in passing normally ,at those moments an out-of- system player was needed most and maybe Kosheleva could have been that player at the last part of the fourth set,maybe not .Gamze was also not on her day.

• i generally agree with you..Galatasaray doesnt have a "clear" out-of-sytem player such as Zhu,Boşkoviç or Egonu..the players in Galatsaray to do that job to some extent are Kosheleva and Neslihan.i was in the hall.Plak's serves seemed dangerous to me and Neslihan was struggling in passing normally ,at those moments an out-of- system player was needed most and maybe Kosheleva could have been that player at the last part of the fourth set,maybe not .Gamze was also not on her day.

Yeah I agree with you on that. I feel we are looking for Kosheleva's pipe but it's also impressive Seda played well enough in her absence.

#FreeBritney

• It seems to me, that Kazan is currently living by its great OH duo Mammadova/Vasileva. If one of those two is out, their system quickly collapses, if an opponent is good like seen today against Conegliano - and this will pose a major issue for Kazan also in Russia against Moscow. Vasileva is kind of key player, nearly not possible to play well without her...

I thought Mammadova was playing primarily as OPP in Kazan? But your point still stands.

• Kazan seems no chance to win without VASILEVA. Semifianl will be between vakifbank and imoco volley.

Galatasaray and novara all have chance to go to final 4. It depends who is more stable. I think novara has a litte bit bigger chance at home match. :teach:

This year's play-off 6 is weaker than expected due to so many injuries. :white:

• Congrats to Novara! I loved how they kept their nerves after losing 2 terrible sets but still made it to a win. That also shows how mature they are as a team and Barbolini as a trainer although I really dont like him.

Previous comments summarize it all, I agree that Neslihan is the key player. She made few crucial errors and they were all breaking parts of the match. I think she hit out twice and made a receiving error. Rabadzhieva could be more dominant in attacking since they share receiving with more people now, but I guess that is a wrong role for her.

GS played better with Seda because Gamze could finally set faster sets to her spikers once she was in. With Koshe, she has to force the ball up which looks very unnatural for her. This also surprised Novara since they were expecting slow tempo sets and Seda could attack against single blocks. According to Turkish users, Seda got a shoulder injury in 4th set of the match, that's why she couldnt hit the ball in rest of the match. I wonder why Ataman did not try Ilkin instead of her. Seda either went or will go to MR today.

One major problem for GS was Ruseva's attacking problem. Her approach is so wrong, either too early or too late. GS had serious problems to kill the ball when Gamze-Ruseva-Seda (Rabadzhieva) trio were on the front row. I think Ataman was angry at her because she did not run for attacking. After that break, she ran so early and so close to Gamze that poor girl had to set the ball in a weird position to escape from Ruseva, typical problems with centers with bad attacking approaches. If Ruseva wants to play, then she should at least make block kills or rebounds which we didnt see at all in last 2 sets. Ataman was too late to replace her with Asli. :wall:

• GS shared info about Koshe & Seda's injuries: http://www.galatasaray.org/hab…-ve-seda-aslanyurek/39184

Kosheleva's knee trauma caused strained cross bands and oedema in bones, that is a terrible translation, sorry. Not familiar with medical terms. They will decide on her treatment depending on MR later.

Seda had shoulder deltoid strain and they started her treatment already. I guess she can play in 2nd match against Novara but most likely will miss Vakifbank match. :white:

• It doesn't sound like there is a tear(flexion hopefully?) of the ligaments and there is swelling within the bone if I have to guess at the english translation. I hope she recovers soon as it seems like it should be the end of the season for her anyway. At this point... everyone's eyes are fixated on the world championship. I don't think russian fed or even Kosheleva herself would risk it if she could recover in time for that tournament.

By the way... Just saw Kosheleva holding her phone during the match. I feel bad for her as she may have gotten some calls or messages from her friends in Russia. I have a feeling she's not thinking anymore of the match but Russia. Just real bad timing in my opinion that something like this happened in a year of a very important tournament. Let's hope it's nothing that serious because Russia needs her. :(

#FreeBritney

Edited 3 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• It doesn't sound like there is a tear(flexion hopefully?) of the ligaments and there is swelling within the bone if I have to guess at the english translation. I hope she recovers soon as it seems like it should be the end of the season for her anyway. At this point... everyone's eyes are fixated on the world championship. I don't think russian fed or even Kosheleva herself would risk it if she could recover in time for that tournament.

By the way... Just saw Kosheleva holding her phone during the match. I feel bad for her as she may have gotten some calls or messages from her friends in Russia. I have a feeling she's not thinking anymore of the match but Russia. Just real bad timing in my opinion that something like this happened in a year of a very important tournament. Let's hope it's nothing that serious because Russia needs her. :(

Well it seems not too serious, say compared to Thaisa's injury but Koshe will still be sidelined nonetheless. WCH is a good six months away, so worst case she can miss the remaining club matches and even WGP/Nations League so she have time to recover in full.

• I'm really happy for Novara, things weren't easy to turn around after the third set. I think they can even play better, reducing the mistakes and being more precise in some phases.. everything is still open though!
    I hope too that Kosheleva will be fine soon.. all the best to her!

Vakif is leading 2-0 against Zurich, quite predictable of course..and naz is playing.

• I'm really happy for Novara, things weren't easy to turn around after the third set. I think they can even play better, reducing the mistakes and being more precise in some phases.. everything is still open though!
    I hope too that Kosheleva will be fine soon.. all the best to her!

Vakif is leading 2-0 against Zurich, quite predictable of course..and naz is playing.

now win.zurich 0-3 vakifbank. sloetjes still dont have a good efficiency