CEV Champions League 2018

• Fabris is playing really well, hitting smartly all the balls. It is still a long way for qualification, Kazan is playing well tonight!

• And now Conegliano has qualified.

Kazan's passing is just too bad. Voronkova and Mammadova are good players, but not good enough to routinely score off out of system balls.

• I'm happy for Conegliano's qualification, they deserved it.

Just a question: in the first sets Fiori (Conegliano's second libero) had the normal jersey, as if she was an OH, now she's playing as a libero, with another jersey. Is that possible?

Just a question: in the first sets Fiori (Conegliano's second libero) had the normal jersey, as if she was an OH, now she's playing as a libero, with another jersey. Is that possible?

I'm not watching the game, but as far as I know this is only possible if the first libero gets injuried.

• I'm not watching the game, but as far as I know this is only possible if the first libero gets injuried.

I also knew it that way.. maybe they pretended an injury to De Gennaro, in order to make the change!

• I also knew it that way.. maybe they pretended an injury to De Gennaro, in order to make the change!

Are you sure she was playing as OH at the start? Because pretty much almost every team has two liberos on their 14-player roster.

Are you sure you're not mistaking their official sweat jacket for the normal jersey of Imoco because it looks similar at first glance? Fiori is also registered as a libero for the match. Did she play in the set that mattered for Imoco? It doesn't look that she did.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Is the two Turkish team rule still in play for the final four? Do the two Turkish teams have to play each other or will it be the way the CEV schedule states?

No, they won't play against each other this year. Both can reach the final.

• I hope Voronkova goes to a stronger league next season She needs the most experience among the russians. It could help her growth in my opinion.

With the injury of Kosheleva. She needs to develop faster as I am not sure if Kosheleva will ever go back to the level she was once before the knee incident.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Bravo Conegliano. Two years in row in Final4.
    Fabris again had good performance with 18 points in 3sets with 54% in attack. She is in good shape.

Now it is times to play against one of the best club in the World. I repeat, to bad Robin is not their... :/
    I think this match will be how good can reception holds and how good will Wolosz-Naz play. Vakifbank has Zhu at their side so this is huge advantage for them...

• Bravo Conegliano. Two years in row in Final4.

... and this time even for free! :whistle:

No, seriously, very well done, girls! I'm afraid we have very little chance to beat VB, but as for tonight... :dance6: :drink:

• ... and this time even for free! :whistle:

No, seriously, very well done, girls! I'm afraid we have very little chance to beat VB, but as for tonight... :dance6: :drink:

Well Vakıfbank can’t win every time. And I believe Conegliano is the best team in Europe apart from Vakıfbank and Eczacibasi this season, so if they get the tactics right and play well and VB have a bad day anything is possible.

• Best chance to beat Vakifbank is Ecz winning the Turkish league final so they will be demoralized going into the semis, assuming no upset from Volero.

• Lets go Novara, make it double for Italian teams :D

I really believe that they can beat Galatasaray ones again and make it to Final4.
    Again everything is on Egonu and how good their reception can hold... But if they best Gala, and they go to the final I don't believe that they have any chance against Vakif with two players reciving.

• I expect a big failure in Novara's receiving line today. GS is playing very different when both Kosheleva and Seda are out. I should remind you all that Seda played with an injured shoulder in the last 2 sets of last match against Novara, still it was a close match.

I think GS will keep their Gamze-Neslihan, Cansu Cetin-Rabadzhieva, Jack-Asli, Gizem K team. Two key players here are Neslihan and Rabadzhieva. Neslihan played great against Vakifbank in all elements and looked very confident when she was not receiving, while Rabadzhieva had ups and downs leaving her spot to young Ilkin Aydin at times. This 6 players of GS are much better servers, receivers and defenders and they make less errors. I expect long rallies and a big fight between them. Considering that GS's OHs won't be able to score much, I hope Jack & Asli will get a lot of sets and play with a high attacking ratio.

At Novara's side, they rely simply on Egonu in scoring. I think life will be harder for her when GS has good defenders in the backrow constantly. Plak's contribution to score is the key for them.

• Lets go Novara, make it double for Italian teams :D

I really believe that they can beat Galatasaray ones again and make it to Final4.
    Again everything is on Egonu and how good their reception can hold... But if they best Gala, and they go to the final I don't believe that they have any chance against Vakif with two players reciving.

I bet novara will win if seda can not play at all today. If seda can play, it will be 50/50 chance. :lol: