CEV Champions League 2018

• Congrats to Vakıfbank and Galatasary for making it to the f4

Congrats to Galatasaray and Neslihan :super: and her teammates!
    after losing their first offensive option Kosheleva and best backup player Seda i thought Novara was close to the f4 ..seems Gala succed in being a real team after the injuries..good job!

now which team is Gala going to play at the f4 ? is it certain ?

Alba Blaj

Mimek sometimes just the way you refer to a player can say a lot... Or not refer in this case actually :P

• Egonu didn't play bad at all, she was well defended and stopped by Galatasaray. Plak had a negative night, she scored nothing in attack and every ball she touched went I don't know where, in blocking she was also negative. The worst one was Sansonna: they served on her all match long and she was so unprecise: reception all over the court...and in defense? She was always moving, never at the right place, she defended nothing. I'm really sorry for Novara, I thought they could make it.

Congratulations to Gala, Neslihan did what she wanted tonight, in attack and on serve. Unstoppable! Jack was also reliable in attack and so good with the block. Congrats to them.

• Sorry Canter but Fener doesn't deserve to be in Final4 after 4 lost in pool phase.

• Rabadzieva should be better offensively..i dont know why she is playing with these numbers.im sure she can do much better : 7 points but 5 times blocked! but her passing seems very well!
    Cansu Çetin made 4 points 5 times blocked!
    Neslihan (38 ) and Jack (17) did great!

harboboy, i hope its not true..Ruseva is very important for Gala's block..Aslı had 1 block today.Ruseva could have done better

• as a pofssional coach,he is so not matured.he shouldnt be emotional everytime.it will affect players emotion. its very negative.

Is there something between Ataman and Ruseva? After he screamed at her like she is a child in a match few weeks ago Ruseva was not on court since then. She is taller and a better blocker than Asli, so why didn‘t she play?

• Neslihan is the key to win this match. Novara just can not deal with her jump serve. Moreover, novara also can not block neslihan at all. Finally, we may see a final between two turkish teams! :teach:

I think only imoco volley may stop vakifbank in this year's champions league.Let us wait and see!:lol:

I think all cev champions league, cev cup, cev chanllenge cup will belong to turkish clubs this year. I hope italy teams can grow stronger next season. :aww:

However, I think turkish clubs will become stronger next season! :teach:

• I think, superiority of Turkish and especially Istanbul clubs is obvious. Eczacibasi will win easily CEV cup against Minsk now, Bursa is clear-cut favourite against Olympiacos (also at home in return match) and with all those injuries at Conegliano I don't see any other champion than VakifBank again, to be honest.

By the way, Alba Blaj is a joke in the F4, they rely nearly only on Cuban Ana Cleger in attack.

• Is there something between Ataman and Ruseva? After he screamed at her like she is a child in a match few weeks ago Ruseva was not on court since then. She is taller and a better blocker than Asli, so why didn‘t she play?

No I don't think so. Laola commenter said in the beginning of the match that Kosheleva is injured and therefore Cansu Cetin is in and same with Ruseva replaced by Asli Kalac. I think Ruseva is professional enough to take such criticism, Ataman does the same thing to all players though he is not a bad person or have bad intentions. I think most girls in the team really like Ataman. Besides, Ruseva probably was sad because Ataman was right when he yelled at her. Sometimes, especially after block landing, she gives 0 contribution to the team, just keeps her hands up and moves around like it is a high school volleyball match, instead of quickly recovering and moving for a quick attack, which is what Ataman told her yelling.

I also think this decision is more strategic. GS had serious troubles to side out with Gamze-Rabadzhieva-Ruseva trio in the front row, 2-3 matches ago. That is because Ruseva's attacking approach and timing is so off and opponent blockers don't follow her. Kalac still creates some threat and usually makes opponents' centers engaged, besides she killed 6/8 balls yesterday with no errors or getting blocked. I think Ruseva could come in at some point for blocking though, because Gamze was not giving any sets to Asli Kalac anyway yesterday. In my opinion, if you are playing with 2 defensive wings, then you need a center who can create threat in attacking and that is unfortunately not Ruseva. I remember her childish errors to penalty balls, either putting on net or returning softly to the opponents. This certainly harms a team with good servers.

• Conegliano with Hodge and De Kruijf would have been at the same level of Vakifbank, but without them it's gonna be really hard. I hope to see a good fight at least, with a good reception Wolosz can play really fast with both Hill and Bricio, plus Fabris who is in great shape (I think she is better than Lonneke now).

• Yeah Ruseva was live on instagram yesterday and she and Ataman joked togehter so my scares were wrong.

I see the chances like 51% - 49% for VakifBank. Conegliano has a good play if the reception is good they are also hungry for this cup as Vakif already won it won it and won it. They just to keep pressure on service and need to stop one of Sloetjes/Zhu and play an unpredictable game.

• I am so happy that Galatasaray made it to Final 4. They wanted it so bad and made it. Well deserved. I also think Novara deserved to be on Final 4. What kind of a joke Albaj is? Selime Ilyasoglu plays there as foreigner so think about the level of the team lol.

Neslihan showed a true lesson to everybody. She can receive well thats true and putting her to recieve line when it is needed could be good for the team but expecting her to receive all the time is a stupid mistake. With a setter Gamze, you need more balenced players, I love Kosheleva but she didn’t fit for such a team. Hope they will notice it and transfer a more balanced OH. I like this team.

For Novara, I feel sorry for them but putting Barbolini as your coach must be a joke. After all those years, if they couldn’t learn he is such a loser then it is management’s fault.

There was a sign in the hall “get well soon Tatia” which was a great gesture that we can see maybe only from Italy. Such a great volleyball culture.

Maybe, after all, Galatasaray can beat Vakif for the first time this year in the final of Final 4. Who knows. We will see, I would die for such a suprise. But in order to do that, both teams have to play semifinals first.

• It seems all team want to beat vakfibank in champions league.However, I think the real threat to vakifbank is eczvitra this season in turkish league. When it matters, only zhuting and boscovic can sore with above 80% successful rate continounsly!

It decides everything. :teach:

• Probably. Samantha Bricio said in interview that She can't wait to play against Vakifbank...
    edit: It is offical at cev page.
    leo2017 yeah they always perform with 80% in attack :aww:

Everything can happend, Vakifbank become all about Zhu, and Zhu is human She can have bad day.
    I think everyone remember when everyone thinked that Vakif will crush Pomi in final and Pomi beat them 3:0.

• It seems all team want to beat vakfibank in champions league.However, I think the real threat to vakifbank is eczvitra this season in turkish league. When it matters, only zhuting and boscovic can sore with above 80% successful rate continounsly!

It decides everything. :teach:

Didn't GS stop Zhu and Vakifbank in last year's Turkish semi-finals and pushed Vakifbank out? It was almost the same team with only Robinson being new. Don't tell me Rasic was injured because Rasic is not doing anything special recently and we are talking about stopping Zhu.

In my opinion Zhu is in a more difficult situation than players like Boskovic and Egonu, because she is an OH and her priority is to receive. Serving constantly on Zhu leaves Vakifbank with only Slöetjes being a reliable attacking option and when Slöetjes fails, they put Robinson in as receiving opposite. Not sure if this will work that well always.