CEV Champions League 2018

• Italy got 3 spot for next year CL. Novara, Conegliano and Scandicci. Monza builded very good team too, they deserve to perform for next CL but their is no way that CEV will let 4 clubs from 1 country.

• So far I learned, that participation in CL opens up the door to get considerable more sponsor money for the clubs in Italy, as they have as net payment, because itself you won't earn more, than you have to pay itself. But this depends largely by the league, in Germany this is a pure debt risk, nothing else, and will never increase net income, but reduce it respective building debt.

• i checked Alba Blaj's roster..
    they have 14 foreigners (4 Serbians, 2 Cubans , 2 Bulgarian,2 Brazilians,2 Turkish,1 German, 1 Puerto Rican) and 4 Romanian players :lol:

There is like German Bundesliga currently no foreigners/domestic players rule, so they can do what they want and financially afford.

• well seems so...i just wonder if they could have built up a strong/stronger team with less better foreigner players instead of 14 ?

In the pool stage they had 2 to 3 of the 4 Romanian players on court. So they are at least no fill players; especially Onyejekwe is pretty strong middle.

• I looked on betting quotes for the both semis and can't agree with the betters majority: while Galatasaray is the clear cut favourite against hosts Alba BLAJ, which is reflected in quotes of about 1.3 to 3.3, the values for VakifBank vs. Conegliano seem unrealistically unbalanced to me, despite the title defenders are the favourite: 1.22 vs 3.6 to 4.0. This would mean, that Conegliano has nearly no chance at all; even in light of their two injured middles de Kruijf and Folie this seems to me clearly exaggerated.

• I looked on betting quotes for the both semis and can't agree with the betters majority: while Galatasaray is the clear cut favourite against hosts Alba BLAJ, which is reflected in quotes of about 1.3 to 3.3, the values for VakifBank vs. Conegliano seem unrealistically unbalanced to me, despite the title defenders are the favourite: 1.22 vs 3.6 to 4.0. This would mean, that Conegliano has nearly no chance at all; even in light of their two injured middles de Kruijf and Folie this seems to me clearly exaggerated.

i see Gala as fav against Blaj a 3-0 or 3-1 win wouldnt be suprising to me but considering 14-foreigners in their roster and home-court adv. could this match be tougher than we thought ? its just one single match and they can play their best volleball unlike their overall performance they shwoed in the regular season of CL and Romanian league..also new foreign comers etc.
    i havent watched any matches of Blaj's so far

• i like sense of humor of Neslihan's..

her statements on Cev's website :
    "We feel that we are ready for the Final Four. Actually, we are a little impatient,” said team captain Neslihan Demir Güler. “We would like to play our first game as soon as possible. We trust ourselves. It is a tournament consisting of two matches only. If there is a cup to win, we win. :lol: Finishing my career with the Final Four is also very important to me. So, why not with a cup?” :thumbsup:

• on Vakıfbank - Imoco match :
    as we saw in Italian league finals that Imoco is playing a fast volley.Wolosz is in a good shape indeed.her contribution in the succes of the team is significant and key
    Vakıfbank should serve well to prevent Wolosz from running her team very fast.its for sure losing the two important MBs will limit Wolosz's options.Fabris and Bricio will have to take on most of the responsibility.Hill too.
    Imoco has to serve well to take Vakıf out of system. i guess they will serve on Ting most of the balls and this could work.Naz isnt supposed to play with full-force ergo,Cansu is to run the team.Cansu played a good game in TL finals yet she is an inexperienced girl.Considering Wolosz will be on the other side of the courh.this could be a disadv for Vakıf or maybe not

• on Vakıfbank - Imoco match :
    as we saw in Italian league finals that Imoco is playing a fast volley.Wolosz is in a good shape indeed.her contribution in the succes of the team is significant and key
    Vakıfbank should serve well to prevent Wolosz from running her team very fast.its for sure losing the two important MBs will limit Wolosz's options.Fabris and Bricio will have to take on most of the responsibility.Hill too.
    Imoco has to serve well to take Vakıf out of system. i guess they will serve on Ting most of the balls and this could work.Naz isnt supposed to play with full-force ergo,Cansu is to run the team.Cansu played a good game in TL finals yet she is an inexperienced girl.Considering Wolosz will be on the other side of the courh.this could be a disadv for Vakıf or maybe not

Agree. I don’t think Conegliano can win playing out of system, they need Wolosz to have options. Reception won’t be so easy with the Mikasa as it is in Serie A with the Molten, so this favours Vakifbank. Obviously Conegliano would be stronger with de Kruijf and Folie, but Danesi and Melandri is probably the best backup MB duo in the world, so I think they still have a chance.

• Agil service looked amateurish during the last 2 games of the final. The first reason why they lost to a team they always beaten for a title is their service. Imoco out of system is very weak: Fabris and Hill are 2 of the most setting dependant spikers in the world. And Hill has been no factor as spiker during the finals. Not to mention they have to switch from Molten to Mikasa, which makes Vakifbank stronger and Imoco weaker, considering Fabris' and Bricio's service style.

I just hope Neslihan ends her amazing career with the Champions League title. :love:

• My thought about Vakifbank - Conegliano match

If Folie and Robin didn't got injured I would gave Conegliano little bit advantage but without them I'm giving Vakif advantage and the main reason is Zhu Ting. Their reception is the same only that Vakif has Zhu who is amazing with "bad" sets.
    I apsolutly disagree with SHAME saying that they are "Fabris and Hill are the most setting dependant spikers in the world" when they proved many time this season, especially Fabris in play-off that they know how deal with this kind of sets. But everyone has their opinion.

The key of victory for Imoco will be their reception, fast sets from Wolosz and Bricio - Fabris jump servers.
    I'm not afraid about their defence because De Gennaro is beast and the same goes with Hill. They stoped Egonu so easily in play-offs and Haak to. So I think they will prepare very well for Zhu.
    Dinamo Kazan coach said that they prepared for Conegliano fast game but He was surprised that they played even faster so It is every important how will Vakifbank prepare for this type of game. We saw how they lost against Pomi so easily in Final CL.

Vakifbank will probably attack Conegliano with their float serve, Zhu needs to be at her top level and She needs to have help from other players because with great Conegliano defence She will not be enoguh, MBs needs to be fast with their blocks.

Samanta Fabris played with Novara against Vakifbank in 2016. and She scored 25points with 59% in attack. I hope that She can repeat that match :P

But this is everything with "IF". I can't wait to watch match and my hopes goes for Conegliano. :win:

• Agil almost turned around the first set of game 4 because Fabris can't deal with any ball out of system and she had 3 mistakes in a row.
    And Hill out of system is simple terrible, just look for some videos of her playing in Sopot, where no one provided her fast set and she played awful the whole season.