You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:29pm

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Seriously, Vakifbank does not deserve to play in final. Only Zhu does!

Conegliano overall was the better TEAM for me, but what's the point when on the other side there is a player that you can simply set 50 balls in a row and wait until she scores enough to win the match? :cursing:

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:29pm

What a great match. Congrats to Vakifbank, sorry to Conegliano.

Hope Galatasaray can win it all for Neslihan :box:

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:30pm

What a disappointment. :wall:

Kudos to Gizem Örge though, she digged everything in this tie-break.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:30pm

I just want to say what the fcuk to replace zhu with robinson at last point! Fortunately, gozde killed the ball! Otherwise I will "kill" Guddetti!!! :teach: :obey: :cheesy:

flyingdutchman

Inside-Volley.com Expert

• "flyingdutchman" is male

Favourite Team: Dutch NT, LiB Aachen

Favourite Players: Buijs, Beliën, Plak, Bongaerts, Daalderop, Polder, Sloetjes, Boskovic, Zhu Ting, Wolosz, Akman, Eda, Kim, Ognjenovic, Mihajlovic, Naz, Castillo, Herbots

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:31pm

OMG what a match...

Coneglaino 12-9 up....and Fabris has 2 chances to make 13-9....and she fails big time....

Zhu Ting on one leg is still too much for the opponent....

Melis...what a class.....

• "crovolley" is male

Favourite Team: Imoco Conegliano, Scandicci, Pomi NT Croatia

Favourite Players: Samanta Fabris, Joanne Wolosz, Monica De Gennaro, Raphaela Folie, Ema Strunjak, Nikolina Bozicevic

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:32pm

This matched showed how much Zhu is important for Vakifbank. If She wasn't scoring like beast in 5th set Conegliano would win.

Best scorer of the match: Samanta Fabris with 28 points.

harboboy

Professional

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:32pm

What a great match. Congrats to Vakifbank, sorry to Conegliano.

Hope Galatasaray can win it all for Neslihan :box:

Same here.

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:33pm

Bricio with about 20 errors if you count the 5 balls she let go through for aces....

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM & MIREYA LUIS

This was definitely the finale match! :super: I feel sad for Conegliano as I was rooting for them at some point but it takes nothing away from Vb! That save Gözde and Vb defense made at 12-10 is imo what turned the match around. Brilliant world class stuff from Zhu and Vb defense afterwards as well. Both teams deserved to be finalists, an amazing semi final match this was and maybe even the real final of CL 2017-2018.

I hope the next match will be a good game as well, Alba Blaj has a lot of foreigners so I don't expect them to be weak at all.

Win CL Galatasaray!

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson, Gozde, Fabi, Lloyd.

Gizem was simply awesome. She was the best player of the match for me, judging by the tie break :white: :super:

Fabris couldn't kill the most important balls

beri

Master

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM & MIREYA LUIS

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:35pm

Gizem was simply awesome. She was the best player of the match for me, judging by the tie break :white: :super:

Gizem Örge was mvp today for sure next to Zhu Ting! :super:

flyingdutchman

Inside-Volley.com Expert

• "flyingdutchman" is male

Favourite Team: Dutch NT, LiB Aachen

Favourite Players: Buijs, Beliën, Plak, Bongaerts, Daalderop, Polder, Sloetjes, Boskovic, Zhu Ting, Wolosz, Akman, Eda, Kim, Ognjenovic, Mihajlovic, Naz, Castillo, Herbots

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:36pm

Exactly.

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:36pm

Bricio didn't receive well. I wonder what Fenerbahce thinks about her performance. That slip up that tied the game hurt Conegliano's confidence.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:37pm

Omg! What a match! It started with 2 bad sets and then turned out a great match in tie break! Thanks to Connegliano and Vakifbank for this joy!

Vakifbank failed with their serving today, for some reason they were far from their usual serve tempo, that also effected their great blocks which is their key strategy. Cansu Özbay could not hold the stress of the semis and Naz looked scared due to her pregnancy. Rasic looked hangover, she could not even make it to the blocking on time and let Connegliano make block outs from her far too many times. Gözde was really bad in attacking. Slöetjes started great but ended bad. Simply, Zhu saved the day.

On the other hand, Connegliano served really well at some parts of the game, and besides those balls Bricio just watched, they gave lots of perfect receives to Wolosz. Wolosz played amazing. Fabris and De Gennaro deserve a big applaud too.

In overall, Wolosz outplayed both Vakifbank setters, De Gennaro outplayed Gizem Örge, Hill outplayed Gözde, middles of Connegliano and Fabris outplayed Vakif's middles and Slöetjes. But for some reason, these were not enough, because even in such a so so day, Zhu was far over Bricio's performance.

Depending on how Gamze does today and tomorrow, Wolosz is a solid candidate for best setter. De Gennaro should also be awarded. For Fabris, we gotta wait and watch tomorrow's match first.

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:37pm

What an exciting match!
Congratulations to Vakif. Too bad Conegliano couldn't finish it off.

Loyd

Intermediate

• "Loyd" is male

About me:

No matter who you are, or where you come from, if you’ve got a dream there’s no one out there that can stop you from achieving it

Favourite Team: PGE Atom Trefl Sopot, Fenerbahce, BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała,

Favourite Players: Joanna Wołosz, Berenika Tomsia, Kasia Skorupa, Kasia Skowrońska, Aleksandra Trojan, Logan Tom, Jordan Larson, Foluke Akinradewo, Alisha Glass

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:38pm

Why this is always about Fabris? Hill had so much opportunities and did nothing :aww: I'm so sorry for Fabris, she's getting plenty of hate here... :down:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:38pm

Bricio with about 20 errors if you count the 5 balls she let go through for aces....
Those are counted as reception errors in the stats.

The crucial moments were Fabris not using the free ball chance and then Bricio's misjudgement. That brought Vakifbank back to life and then it was only a matter of time for Zhu to make enough kills.

Gözde 28%, Sloetjes 31%, Zhu 55% compared to Bricio 45%, Hill 39%, Fabris 52%...but all that doesn't matter when it's 2:2 and 12:12, then you can just forget all stats in the world.

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson, Gozde, Fabi, Lloyd.

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:39pm

Why this is always about Fabris? Hill had so much opportunities and did nothing :aww: I'm so sorry for Fabris, she's getting plenty of hate here... :down:
Did I say she was the reason why they lost the match? I don't think so.

Loyd

Intermediate

• "Loyd" is male

About me:

No matter who you are, or where you come from, if you’ve got a dream there’s no one out there that can stop you from achieving it

Favourite Team: PGE Atom Trefl Sopot, Fenerbahce, BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała,

Favourite Players: Joanna Wołosz, Berenika Tomsia, Kasia Skorupa, Kasia Skowrońska, Aleksandra Trojan, Logan Tom, Jordan Larson, Foluke Akinradewo, Alisha Glass

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:39pm

Hill 2/10, Fabris 3/7 in the tie-break :gone:

Saturday, May 5th 2018, 5:40pm

EPIC!!!

Vakifbank just can't lose... :cup:

Social bookmarks