CEV Champions League 2018

• As much as I love Naz, I think she needs an year off or maybe looking for new challenges elsewhere. I never saw her struggling this much with her setting (both quality and choices). When she came in, Sloetjes lost her rythm, because they have no connection at all. Same happened with Kelsey and Godze. Zhu killed the ball, struggling as well, just because she can spoil her block with her spiking reach.

• Ah and Kudos to Melis Gurkaynak! She saved her team's butt with amazing serves. That is how important to have a good server in your squad, she did what Cella could not in the most crucial part of the match. She must have terribly strong nerves!

I don't agree on Gizem Örge, she looked so lost in the match with ups and downs. Lucky that she was at her top in the tie break :win:

• imo Wolosz didn't have her best day today. Neither did Vb setters. De Gennaro and Gizem were both great. Gizem was spectacular in tb and iverall. Conegliano's middles were 5 classes better. Zhu is zhu. Fabris was bad at crunch time. Naz should not play anymore this season.

• Ah and Kudos to Melis Gurkaynak! She saved her team's butt with amazing serves. That is how important to have a good server in your squad, she did what Cella could not in the most crucial part of the match. She must have terribly strong nerves!

I'm sorry, but to me Melis's serves were nothing special at all. She was lucky with Bricio's misjudgement on the ace, and the others went straight to De Gennaro...IMO Melis was rather lucky with everything that happened around her, to me anyone could have made that serving streak.

• Btw Vakif was lucky that referee did not call double touches for Naz. I think she made at least 2 double touches until they made it to 12-12 in one of the rallies.

• The stats show Conegliano as "better" but that's why they won so many more points than Vakifbank, for most of the match they did play better. As usual, Vakifbank improved their game when it mattered most and Conegliano got nervous and wasted a few chances.

• This were finals. Two best teams. Imoco without two very important players managed to go in tie break with so close match against Vakif. BRAVOOO CONEGLIANO.

Zhu was MVP when it comes to attack, but Ozbay digged so many balls but still De Gennaro showed Who is one of the greatest liberos right now.
    Wolosz beautifull game She rocks, Fabris had very good match with 28points against one of the best teams in World(player Zhu LOL), but She should spiked that ball and Conegliano would win this, but still it is stupid to say that was the most important part because every point is important in tie break. They have lead 2 points and that is a lot in tie break 12:10.

• I really really hope GS wins CL and Neslihan gets MVP award to finish her carreer in style. Nesli is never that agressive like Gözde, I saw some players kind of annoyed with Gözde today. She pushed Zehra a little too hard f.e. at some point which almost looked violent 8|

• Some of those sets to Hill were difficult to attack. It's not her fault.

I think Wolosz lost her confidence with her MB. Some of the sets to Fabris at the end shouldn't be hers.

Bricio's mistakes was the precursor to all of it in my opinion. She should've played better than that.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I'm sorry, but to me Melis's serves were nothing special at all. She was lucky with Bricio's misjudgement on the ace, and the others went straight to De Gennaro...IMO Melis was rather lucky with everything that happened around her, to me anyone could have made that serving streak.

This is how we see on tv, but I can tell you that her serves go sharper and with more float on air than what we watch. It is no surprise she is the first alternative to come to serve with Robinson, although she is a MB.

• I'm sorry, but to me Melis's serves were nothing special at all. She was lucky with Bricio's misjudgement on the ace, and the others went straight to De Gennaro...IMO Melis was rather lucky with everything that happened around her, to me anyone could have made that serving streak.

True, but when you put a serve right to the baseline then it is going to cause the opponent to misjudge it sometimes.

I think Wolosz lost her confidence with her MB

But why would she lose confidence in the MBs? Both Danesi and Melandri played well, so maybe Wolosz should trust them more.

• I really really hope GS wins CL and Neslihan gets MVP award to finish her carreer in style. Nesli is never that agressive like Gözde, I saw some players kind of annoyed with Gözde today. She pushed Zehra a little too hard f.e. at some point which almost looked violent 8|

I agree. Lönneke did not even bother when they gathered once, judging from her facial expression. I like Gözde's agression but when she plays this bad, she needs to look at somewhere else than pushing others around.

• I agree some sets for Hill were just to short. She is so tall you can't give her that short sets. Ofc She will tip it over the block and it would be super easily to pick up.
    She had amazing match after very bad start.

Ofc. that Wolosz is not using her MB as before, they are two back up MB who played very, very good matches. I really hope that they will not benching for Conegliano side after Folie and Robin come back. They are to good for that.

And I think Bricio will have better reception in Fener. She will recive the most of time with mikasa balls not with molten than with Mikasa. Evene De Gennaro had problems with stuff like this.

• I think Wolosz lost her confidence with her MB

But why would she lose confidence in the MBs? Both Danesi and Melandri played well, so maybe Wolosz should trust them more.

Just as someone have said in here. When you're at 12:12 in the tiebreak. Stats don't mean anything anymore. It's the battle of nerves and Conegliano lost in that one.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Never mind, so Happy with Conegliano performance after a lot of people said that they don't have chance against them. They will come even stronger next season(if the players are healty). I'm waiting for info for Robin and Fabris to stay :heart:

• Just as someone have said in here. When you're at 12:12 in the tiebreak. Stats don't mean anything anymore. It's the battle of nerves and Conegliano lost in that one.

Actually, zhuting's blocking saves vakfibank in set5!! She blocks fabris at a crucial moment! :lol:
    It is show time for zhuting! Giving All balls to zhuting!!! :teach:
    However, the most important is that zhuting has no big injury!! One champions league title is enough!!Health is more imortant to her! WCH is coming!! :what: :teach:

• Well GS-Alba match is starting now. In my opinion nothing is certain about the result. Alba is a team which GS probably has no clue how they play, especially with their additions, we have no clue how will they look like, probably themselves either.

GS has to rely on their serves and blocking to make the game easier. If they let Alba receive well, things might turn bad for GS. Same for GS, they gotta keep receiving well, we know how Gamze freaks out with bad receiving and there is simply no sub for her.

• Vakifbank is always good at crucial moments.They are like Turkish Bergamo :super: I hope they will change some players next season.I really don't like Slöetjes.She looks powerless, she has only height and strong serves.If you ask me Fabris>Slöetjes.I also don't like Rasic anymore.Zhu is always a legend :heart: Wolosz OMG, she is the best setter in the world right now :woohoo: Also congrats to Danesi and Melandri , they did good job.Vakifbank have to play better tomorrow, if they want to be champion.