CEV Champions League 2018

• I'm so glad Cleger is finally getting the recognition she deserves! She's always been one of my favorite players. Maybe signing for next season, before this F4 was a mistake, because I'm sure she'll get many good offers now

Who did she sign with?

• Wow! Congrats Alba Blaj! I was right of being cautious after all :)

After a shaky start, they outplayed GS from the serve line and Cleger was just unstoppable. It is hard to believe she was playing in Turkish Division 2 last year :what:

GS kept their awful performance since FB matches. Don't know what happened to the team but there is a significant drop in Neslihan and Gamze's performance. It also explains a lot that Gamze already signed with somewhere else, same for Rabadzhieva.

On GS's side, it was a terrible decision to start the match with Cansu-Rabadzhieva. Seda should be in from the beginning and Rabadzhieva should be the one benched after that. I have not seen a player with less ambition than her so far, not to mention her jump serves attempts whole season. Neslihan was awful today. After watching today's matches, it is not a bad decision for her and Gözde to retire after this season. Gamze was a mess, Ataman should have used Nursevil, I don't care how many double touches she makes, she at least has a brain and referee didnt seem to care about double touches anyway.

Blaj's Turkish libero Memis did a good job in defense and Crncevic was useful in attacking. Their setter and Cleger was very good in the serve line.

After tomorrow's match, GS should consider replacing Ataman and part ways with almost all players except Cansu Cetin, Karadayi and Asli.

• Even if Galatasaray would've won I don't think the final would be exciting.. now we'll get to see an exciting bronze medal match at least

Not really if Conegliano repeat today match. I simple can't believe that Alba was better or stronger team, I only think that Gala played really bad.
    And I think Conegliano got huge confident and Gala just opposite.

• Thanks guys. Looks like they will be contenders in the Russian league next season.

• GS played bad today but Alba did a great great job, lets not undervalue their fight. After their coach's warning, they started to serve better and did lot of block out, not to mention that they could increase the tempo. It is actually a very good job considering they had 3 new players on the court, joined them like a month ago and they had good connection.

It is a good day for Romanian volleyball, I hope they will put up a good fight tomorrow against Vakifbank too.

• I feel so bad for Neslihan, but she played so bad today.

Maybe if Vakif play like they did in the 3rd and 4th sets and Cleger is on fire Alba Blaj will have a small chance. I expect 3-0 to VB though.

• Alba for sure is not the better team.. Galatasaray was bad and Alba was good.. But if they play as well as they can tomorrow, I'm sure they'll challenge Imoco and we'll watch a good game

I agree. GS was very inconsistent this whole season. They can play like the best team in the world in 1 set and then play like amateurs in the next one. That is no surprise though thinking of players individually, Neslihan is very inconsistent in attacking/serving, Rabadzhieva is very consistent in all elements, Gizem Karadayi is the same, Gamze too. If they play like this tomorrow, I hope noone from GS gets an award, though it is sad for Jack since she is playing this bad because of Gamze :down:

• I'm not surprised of the result.

One month stop from play for Galatarasay is not a rest. It's a vacation. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Vakifbank can not underestimate Alba tomorrow...cuz if they do ...........we could be watching a new upset....

who new.... Zhu vs Cleger tomorrow :box:

I feel so bad for Neslihan, but she played so bad today.

Maybe if Vakif play like they did in the 3rd and 4th sets and Cleger is on fire Alba Blaj will have a small chance. I expect 3-0 to VB though.

• I agree. GS was very inconsistent this whole season. They can play like the best team in the world in 1 set and then play like amateurs in the next one. That is no surprise though thinking of players individually, Neslihan is very inconsistent in attacking/serving, Rabadzhieva is very consistent in all elements, Gizem Karadayi is the same, Gamze too. If they play like this tomorrow, I hope noone from GS gets an award, though it is sad for Jack since she is playing this bad because of Gamze :down:

I think Jack will get an award, because none of the other MBs got to shine.. Wolocz would be the best setter, and let's hope Cleger gets best OPP.

• Why I think Cagla will not playing like today ? Simple Guidetti. You can't win Vakifbank with only one player, their is to many good players at Vakif side to stop her from blocking to defence. If She can score a lot against them She is one of the best OPP right now and I can't believe that non of top team didn't signed her before.
    This Gala didn't show real game and Alba tooked this opportunity so I really can say how good they did play.

• Rasic was good today... 13 points, almost 50% in attack and 5 blocks... I don`t know what u guys want from her... With Zhu and Sloetjes she won`t be scoring 20 points as before, she`s just not getting ...and she won`t be getting that much balls to be able to score more.... unless she goes with 100% in attack...

For her to score like 15 points in attack she would need at least 30 balls to make 50% at the least...and again with Zhu and Sloetjes there`s no need to feed the middles that much....

I think Jack will get an award, because none of the other MBs got to shine.. Wolocz would be the best setter, and let's hope Cleger gets best OPP.

• My dream team would be:

Fabris-Wolosz
    Zhu-Hill
    Jack-Rasic
    De Gennaro.

edit: MVP Zhu Ting

What about you guys??