CEV Champions League 2018

• That's a problem with CEV then. I dont think its okay to keep saying that they're lucky or whatever. They beat a much better team yesterday, so yes they do deserve a medal.

Unfortunately they did not beat a "much better team" yesterday because Galatasaray played very weak, but yes you have a point, yesterday Alba Blaj performed well enough to deserve to win that particular match. And yes, the problem lies within CEV, that is true as well. There must be a mistake in the system when 8 times in a row the final match of CL ends 3:0...

• MVP: Zhu Ting
    OH: Hill and Gozde
    OPP Cleager
    Setter: Wolosz
    MB: Rasic and Jack
    Lib: DE GENNARO

My opinion on them:
    MVP: I didn't see any other possibility
    OH: To me Bricio or Crncevic could get one instead of Hill
    Opp: if only we look at GS match, Fabris would have been my pick.
    Setter: I liked Özbay as well but Wolosz was the obvious pick.
    MB: sure, Danesi could have gotten one as well imo
    Lib: both de Gennaro and Gizem were great but de Gennaro a bit better

So I can't say I agree with it but in general dream team is acceptable and I could see why they would struggle picking one this time around.

Edit: I THOUGHT IT WAS OFFICIAL :btw

• You can only blame CEV for this format, not the teams. Had they stuck with same format, final would have been Vakifbank vs Conegliano because 2 Turkish teams would have faced each other in the semis.

• Unfortunately they did not beat a "much better team" yesterday because Galatasaray played very weak, but yes you have a point, yesterday Alba Blaj performed well enough to deserve to win that particular match. And yes, the problem lies within CEV, that is true as well. There must be a mistake in the system when 8 times in a row the final match of CL ends 3:0...

Yes, I agree with you on what you said. Its a problem with the system. I also dont like this thing that the host gets a ticket to the final four, but I don't know what they could do to make it better. I just dont like saying that team A or B won by luck or didn't deserve this or that. It's all about the match inside the court.

• How about Pomi? Qualified for the Final as a host and faced a terrible Kazan team in the semis without Gamova and Startseva.

Last year Conegliano only reached the final because they hosted ( they would not even reached the 2nd round) and faced a terrible Moscow in the semis...and they got crushed by Vakifbank in the final...

I agree with you...but Alba is not the only one getting away with a medal... Pomi and COnegliano got away in the past 2 seasons... as the host they had to right to avoid facing a Turkish Team in the semis and instead played the awful Russian Teams.

No, but I think the host team should at least have the level to play F4, i.e. they should be able to qualify also the normal way. Alba Blaj was in the easiest preliminary pool and won that without being utterly convincing, and the result is a final match like this one...I hardly believe that anyone enjoyed this. The real final was Vakifbank-Imoco.

• I would have given 2nd best MB to Krsmanovic instead of Nneka.

• As I expected and wanted, Zhu got the OH award but Gozde won the MVP. I remembered now that Piccinini also got MVP without the OH award.

• Hill better than Bricio? Bricio was by far the best OH....( Zhu does not even count).

Game 2 -
    Bricio -14 points (63%) and 23 receptions
    Hill - 11 points (42%) and 10 receptions

Game 1
    Bricio - 15 points (45%) and 51 recepions
    Hill - 18 points (39%) and 15 receptions.

Cleger better than Fabris?? Cleger was awful today. Fabris was the best OPP this weekend.

Rasic ...yesss :heart:

Godze MVP??? :read:

• Gozde got MVP as recognition award. 1st OH should be Zhu no matter how you look at it. Hill must got it for being good looking.

• it is too funny that zhu doesnt get MVP. The team cannot be in final without her

I like Gözde Kırdar but she should get best OH not MVP. Just because of retirement so she get it. JUST TOO FUNNY as well as best OPP.
    i am so sad for fabris :sos: :sos:

• last year, zhuting is mvp and kim hill is best oh! MVP and best oh can not be the same person! :teach:

MVP and best OH CAN yes be the same person. There is no rule about that.