CEV Champions League 2018

• MVP and best OH CAN yes be the same person. There is no rule about that.

Then they must not want Zhu to win 2 awards. She was clearly the best OH last year and this year as well as MVP.

• I don't read too much into these dream teams. It's very political as we see every year and anyway it is only based on 2 matches, so it really doesn't count for much. Well done to Vakif, it's just a shame that this F4 produced only 1 memorable match and 3 duds.

• I don't read too much into these dream teams. It's very political as we see every year and anyway it is only based on 2 matches, so it really doesn't count for much. Well done to Vakif, it's just a shame that this F4 produced only 1 memorable match and 3 duds.

You are right. The most important thing is winning gold for players, not individual awards. I think it is the same for supporting fans.

• Finally Gözde won a MVP award :flower: Actually she deserved this at 2013, not this year :D
    Calm down guys, Zhu will win many MVP's, this was Gözde's last chance :heart:

Yes, it is true, Zhu got mvp last year. Gozde as the captain for 10 years in vakifbank definitely deserves to get mvp when she retires! :teach: I am fan of zhuting! I hope she can get mvp of world volleyball championship this year! :teach: :super:

• Gözde is a legend. One of the last complete OHs around in worldwide volleyball and a true leader on court. She deserves all the MVP awards. :heart:

• As I wrote before, the TV sign saying "Gözde Kirdar - Most Valuable Player" when they showed her name when she went to serve already yesterday probably means that she was meant to be MVP even before the tournament. Knowing CEV I assume Vakifbank handed them over a little extra money in order to have Gözde receive this farewell gift :whistle:

However I'm not saying she doesn't deserve it at all. She's the glue that holds Vakifbank together with her passion and quality in all elements, and she's been that for many years, even if she has never been their biggest star. She's impossible to replace IMO, it's a role that players grow into over many years and the question is who's next to grow into that role for Vakifbank.

• As I wrote before, the TV sign saying "Gözde Kirdar - Most Valuable Player" when they showed her name when she went to serve already yesterday probably means that she was meant to be MVP even before the tournament. Knowing CEV I assume Vakifbank handed them over a little extra money in order to have Gözde receive this farewell gift :whistle:

However I'm not saying she doesn't deserve it at all. She's the glue that holds Vakifbank together with her passion and quality in all elements, and she's been that for many years, even if she has never been their biggest star. She's impossible to replace IMO, it's a role that players grow into over many years and the question is who's next to grow into that role for Vakifbank.

I saw that subtitle yesterday at Semi-final also :thumbsup: . 100% agree with you on your assessment about her.

But she is not the only one showing “most valuable player “ with her name on TV. I remember same situation happened in another player from the host team. Therefore, I think this is only a broadcasting mistake.

• Congrats to Vakıfbank and coach Guidetti for winning the trophy!
    Congrats to all the players of Vakıfbank.They have won all the cups in TL and now CL.its been a good year for them.

Congrats to Gözde Kırdar :flower: :rose: :cup: :super: you are ending your career in a best possible way.you must be happy now.i will miss your leadership,passion ,attacks,digs and those single blocks :lol: a lot! i will miss you great woman! ;(

to our Iron Lady Neslihan Demir . :rose: :heart: :flower: you are the reason why i like volleyball today and why im watching volleyball matches though there are lots of other sports.i cant believe you are ending your carer.time flew away so fast.i used to get great pleasure watching your jump serves when you were at the beggining of your career.goodbye legend! ;( ;( ;(

i hope Seda Tokatlıoğlu/Aslanyürek comes back someday we love you Seda . you have always been a great ,modest and kind player on the courth :flower: :heart: :rose:

• Is this the first time a quadruple was won in the volleyball world? :super:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Is this the first time a quadruple was won in the volleyball world? :super:

Didn't Vakifbank go undefeated in one season, winning 5 trophies?

• Congrats to Alba Blaj and Imoco Volley

im still astonished at what Ataman did to his team before the tournament.they must have forgotten that they would play a final4.as if they hadnt done any trainings.i dont find much fault with the players but the coach.
    i agree with some that Cev should compose more balanced pools.yet im happy for Blaj and Romanian Volleyball for winning the silver medal.i wish they could have played better at the final.

btw.i saw some legends at awarding ceremony : Russian,German and Bulgarian volleyball's legend players :heart:
    im specially happy to see Angelina Grün again :rose:

• However I'm not saying she doesn't deserve it at all. She's the glue that holds Vakifbank together with her passion and quality in all elements, and she's been that for many years, even if she has never been their biggest star. She's impossible to replace IMO, it's a role that players grow into over many years and the question is who's next to grow into that role for Vakifbank.

i agree on this point

• watching the final Slavina Koleva and Aleksandra Crncevıc from Blaj seemed not bad players.Crncevic' reception looked ok to me.
    btw..Congrats to Selime Ilyasoğlu and libero Melisa Memiş for the silver medal but why did Selime Ilyasoğlu go to Blaj as they had already 13 more foreigners in the roster ?
    maybe she could have played in VVSL if she had stayed

• My god this awards :whistle:

Wolozs deserve this more than anyone. Zhu deserve MVP, and Caglar the best OPP like wtf ?? If they didn't gave that award to Fabris who was the best OPP in FinalFour they should give this award to Sloetjes. Caglar had terrible performance in Final.

But anyway, so excited for next season I just hope their would be just one more team next to the Novara, Conegliano, Scandicci, Fener, Vakifbank and Eczacibasi. We really miss Volero. Or strong Russian club and Chemik Police :/

• i have also to express im disappointed to see those Who are "crying" over "mvp" award .they sounded "rude" to my eyes. a player is retiring and all you care about is just an "mvp award" just "a plate" ?,seriously ? you should stop watching this sport then !