CEV Champions League 2018

• How about Pomi? Qualified for the Final as a host and faced a terrible Kazan team in the semis without Gamova and Startseva.

Last year Conegliano only reached the final because they hosted ( they would not even reached the 2nd round) and faced a terrible Moscow in the semis...and they got crushed by Vakifbank in the final...

I agree with you...but Alba is not the only one getting away with a medal... Pomi and COnegliano got away in the past 2 seasons... as the host they had to right to avoid facing a Turkish Team in the semis and instead played the awful Russian Teams.

Sorry but in that season Pomi have beat Eczacibadi in Pool stage and they have beat Vakif in final 3:0. So actually they deserved to be hosts.

• My god this awards :whistle:

Wolozs deserve this more than anyone. Zhu deserve MVP, and Caglar the best OPP like wtf ?? If they didn't gave that award to Fabris who was the best OPP in FinalFour they should give this award to Sloetjes. Caglar had terrible performance in Final.

But anyway, so excited for next season I just hope their would be just one more team next to the Novara, Conegliano, Scandicci, Fener, Vakifbank and Eczacibasi. We really miss Volero. Or strong Russian club and Chemik Police :/

sorry crovolley but Who is Caglar ? :lol: :thumbsup:
    i hope Russian teams invest again and we can watch many good teams in next CL

• btw..Kimberly Hill got the gold last year and has got the bronze this year and Kelsey Robinson got silver last year and has got the gold this year

i have to say that its no fun to watch all the same teams at the final back to back ( i mean Italy vs Turkey)..i hope Russian teams invest more and maybe Chemik

• Congrats to Wolosz and Hill, I wished they won the gold but A bronze ain't too shabby to go back to Italy with :cheesy:

• Congratulations to Vakif!! They dominated the final, which they were supposed to do.. but the ball is always round and Blaj played grest yesterday. So bravo to the Vakif girls, they proved to be the best in every competition!

I'm happy also for Conegliano, I wish their future could be even brighter in next Champions :cup:

• I wonder what you have to do to be a true legendary player. Winning 4 CLs and several national championships, having some continental medals with your NT and a few individual awards, participating on the Olympic games, being an amazing all-around OH with balanced receiving/attacking skills, being a true leader in the court... all of this isn't enough?!

I acknowledge Kirdar's passion and amazing skills. I will miss her for sure. She was one of the best OHs in the world in the past decades IMO. A true player, a true fighter, who never hides from the game. She was surely more interesting to watch in comparison to those "only-spiking" or "only-receiving" OHs who are praised so much sometimes. For me, top 5 OHs I've seen play in the past 15 years were Kirdar, Sokolova, Piccinini, Jaqueline and Larson, in no particular order.

• I wonder what you have to do to be a true legendary player. Winning 4 CLs and several national championships, having some continental medals with your NT and a few individual awards, participating on the Olympic games, being an amazing all-around OH with balanced receiving/attacking skills, being a true leader in the court... all of this isn't enough?!

I acknowledge Kirdar's passion and amazing skills. I will miss her for sure. She was one of the best OHs in the world in the past decades IMO. A true player, a true fighter, who never hides from the game. She was surely more interesting to watch in comparison to those "only-spiking" or "only-receiving" OHs who are praised so much sometimes. For me, top 5 OHs I've seen play in the past 15 years were Kirdar, Sokolova, Piccinini, Jaqueline and Larson, in no particular order.

Get ready for the incoming Zhu fans :sos:

Personally I think KYK has to be up there with any of them. OK she is not quite an all-rounder like those you've listed but her receiving skills are pretty solid and her attacking is incredible. Logan Tom as well.

• Get ready for the incoming Zhu fans :sos:

Personally I think KYK has to be up there with any of them. OK she is not quite an all-rounder like those you've listed but her receiving skills are pretty solid and her attacking is incredible. Logan Tom as well.

I agree on Kim and Tom. It's hard to pick only 5 players. Those were the ones that came on my mind right away. I guess I personally prefer Larson a little bit more over Tom because I always see so much passion from her. I can't really explain...
    I could have added Glinka also. I just miss those players and their prime time. They are/were better than the current ones IMO

• [font='&quot']I know Kirdar retires today and I admire her a lot, but I had to disagree with you on that top 5 OHs list. I agreed with [/font]Matthias more that she is a glue player and teammates feed off her passion and fire. If you really talk about the on-court impact, she is not even close to top 5. YOU have KYK, Logan Tom, Costagrande, Glinka, Fe Garay and many others. Kirdar has much bigger stage than most of other players because Vakifbank almost has a great team every single year.

[font='&quot']I think Kim Hill was a better player than Kirdar[/font] when Hill played for Vakifbank. Vakifbank improved significantly after Hill took over in CEV Championship Final 4 last year. Do you think Vakifbank would start Kirdar over Hill if Hill was a Turkish and Kirdar was an American? Kelsey Robinson will probably be fine also replacing her in Championship league next year, but Vakifbank will have problem in Turkey League because Robinson is not a Turkish and you can only start 3 foreigners there.

I wonder what you have to do to be a true legendary player. Winning 4 CLs and several national championships, having some continental medals with your NT and a few individual awards, participating on the Olympic games, being an amazing all-around OH with balanced receiving/attacking skills, being a true leader in the court... all of this isn't enough?!

what you said makes me laugh.larson?gozde?legend?haha.i respect these two players.but i totally disagree.who is only spiking?i know what do you mean.u just said zhu.are you blind?most statas are in the high level.you said she is only spiking? what you said just want to make it reasonable to give gozde mvp?are people blind?i know in this froum many people dont like zhu.because she is chinese and stop your beloved players way.but thats because her ability and hard working.she have done all things she should do as a player.its vakifbank and cev make some tricks to give gozde mvp. what will zhu think?what is sport spirit?if a player who get mvp because retiring so i think all matches shouldnt play.lets just give older team awards.i hope when you said something ,please ask your heart and think of it.

• Can we for once stop trying to fit our own agenda onto everyone and let people have their opinion without it getting backlashed at them... ? Geez

Kirdar imo must have been maybe the greatest volleyball leader ofthis time so I can see why people would put her in their top 5. Like her or dislike her Idc and she doesnt care but she for sure can pump up her teammates.

• CEV could simply have given her a special award..or even Vakifbank could retire her jersey as soon as they get back... This would be nicer and actually it would mean something instead of taking a award from someone else.

I`m sorry but Godze`s award has Zhu written all over it... ..but like mathias said Vakifbank spent a extra $$$$ in order to give her the MVP...

I wonder what you have to do to be a true legendary player. Winning 4 CLs and several national championships, having some continental medals with your NT and a few individual awards, participating on the Olympic games, being an amazing all-around OH with balanced receiving/attacking skills, being a true leader in the court... all of this isn't enough?!

• I like all around OHs as well but Zhu Ting is like Stephen Curry in volleyball. She gets you the points even with the most difficult pass. I honestly find that game breaking.

What I also love about her I it is easier to build a team around her than say Larson, Jaqueline, Kirdar,KYK,Piccinini or Sokolova. It's a winning formula that is beyond the flexible limits of a coach wildest imagination.

it's just sucks that not all countries have a Zhu Ting though. Life would've been easier for a lot of teams if they have a player like that in your team.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• Guys btw why is everyone so fed up over an individual award anyway. They have taken the gold medal! And this is what counts most to each player, at least it should. An individual award is nothing more then an honour/bonus award and is never a priority.

• what you said makes me laugh.larson?gozde?legend?haha.i respect these two players.but i totally disagree.who is only spiking?i know what do you mean.u just said zhu.are you blind?most statas are in the high level.you said she is only spiking? what you said just want to make it reasonable to give gozde mvp?are people blind?i know in this froum many people dont like zhu.because she is chinese and stop your beloved players way.but thats because her ability and hard working.she have done all things she should do as a player.its vakifbank and cev make some tricks to give gozde mvp. what will zhu think?what is sport spirit?if a player who get mvp because retiring so i think all matches shouldnt play.lets just give older team awards.i hope when you said something ,please ask your heart and think of it.

Yeah, I really don't think most of the people on this forum are racist, these accusations whenever Zhu isn't somebody's favourite player are just silly.

Look, personally I am not fan of Gozde and I agree Zhu would be a better choice for MVP. But these individual awards aren't so important, as Beri said what matters is the TEAM WON GOLD so just let it go and stop attacking people for having different opinions than you.

• Guys btw why is everyone so fed up over an individual award anyway. They have taken the gold medal! And this is what counts most to each player, at least it should. An individual award is nothing more then an honour/bonus award and is never a priority.

if your words is real,why players has.different salary? individual award shows a players quality and her level. now these things become jokes

I agree but the best way to handle this is simply to tolerate the behaviour of the poster and just move on.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• what you said makes me laugh.larson?gozde?legend?haha.i respect these two players.but i totally disagree.who is only spiking?i know what do you mean.u just said zhu.are you blind?most statas are in the high level.you said she is only spiking? what you said just want to make it reasonable to give gozde mvp?are people blind?i know in this froum many people dont like zhu.because she is chinese and stop your beloved players way.but thats because her ability and hard working.she have done all things she should do as a player.its vakifbank and cev make some tricks to give gozde mvp. what will zhu think?what is sport spirit?if a player who get mvp because retiring so i think all matches shouldnt play.lets just give older team awards.i hope when you said something ,please ask your heart and think of it.

You read my post and understood it the way you wanted, because I never meant to talk about Zhu. I think she's amazing but is too young and I only mentioned older players who have been plyaing for 10 or more years in an international level. You don't need to laugh at me, just respect my opinion. Thanks.