CEV Champions League 2018

• Yeah, I really don't think most of the people on this forum are racist, these accusations whenever Zhu isn't somebody's favourite player are just silly.

Look, personally I am not fan of Gozde and I agree Zhu would be a better choice for MVP. But these individual awards aren't so important, as Beri said what matters is the TEAM WON GOLD so just let it go and stop attacking people for having different opinions than you.

Yeah, I really don't think most of the people on this forum are racist, these accusations whenever Zhu isn't somebody's favourite player are just silly.

Look, personally I am not fan of Gozde and I agree Zhu would be a better choice for MVP. But these individual awards aren't so important, as Beri said what matters is the TEAM WON GOLD so just let it go and stop attacking people for having different opinions than you.

if he has a fair attitide,i wouldnt say anything.but he said only spiking? he ignores zhu's hard work on serve,reception,dig,block.....people should be responsible for their words

• Unfortunately these awards are a joke. Clearly they were already decided even before the tournament started .....

I agree and don`t think individual awards are a big deal unless like in the WL or GP when they actually receive money for it.... but like I said they are not a big deal so why make a big deal of it by picking players that does not deserve it? Just make it simple and pick the ones that earned it... that would be no drama if they did that.

if your words is real,why players has.different salary? individual award shows a players quality and her level. now these things become jokes

if your words is real,why players has.different salary? individual award shows a players quality and her level. now these things become jokes

• I agree but the best way to handle this is simply to tolerate the behaviour of the poster and just move on.

I find individual awards important for the player's history. They exist and I will keep commenting on them as long as the federations keep giving them.

• https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6izjzl

Neslihan started to crying when she announced her retirement after the match ;(

She was never been one of my favorite players but she made me a fan after her glorious performance this season. Its just a shame it had to end this way.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• if he has a fair attitide,i wouldnt say anything.but he said only spiking? he ignores zhu's hard work on serve,reception,dig,block.....people should be responsible for their words

I wish you wouldn't put words to my mouth (or my fingers) because nothing in my post is related to Zhu Ting.

• Lol! Those over hyped ‘all-round’ OHs don’t bring you points at crucial moments especially Larson. So stop with the bashing :sos:

Who am I bashing????

• https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6izjzl

Neslihan started to crying when she announced her retirement after the match ;(

;(

I agree but the best way to handle this is simply to tolerate the behaviour of the poster and just move on.

True, I don't know why I started.

• You read my post and understood it the way you wanted, because I never meant to talk about Zhu. I think she's amazing but is too young and I only mentioned older players who have been plyaing for 15 or more years in an international level. You don't need to laugh at me, just respect my opinion. Thanks.

because she is too young so she cant be mvp?because she is too young , she is only spiking?so older players are all round ohs?i think you should know what your words mean. when yoi dont respect a hard working player ,why should i respect ur opinons?u know ,i respect gozde becaese she takes care of zhu so much in vakifbank.did you think of a younh girl who go abroad to play vollayball in a different cultire and languages background?is she easy?

• Moving on.

Neslihan says she came to Bucharest F4 with an injury and had two vaccins to be able to play today and yesterday. I cried with her on that speech ;(

"For the first time in my life I have no idea what's in front of me, what's next. It is a different feeling"

I think she needed to retire maybe a little earlier and had risked very severe injuries just so she could continue on a little longer. The Iron lady will for sure not be forgotten as well as the passionate fighter Gözde.

• because she is too young so she cant be mvp?because she is too young , she is only spiking?so older players are all round ohs?i think you should know what your words mean. when yoi dont respect a hard working player ,why should i respect ur opinons?u know ,i respect gozde becaese she takes care of zhu so much in vakifbank.did you think of a younh girl who go abroad to play vollayball in a different cultire and languages background?is she easy?

What the f* are you talking about? I said that IN MY OPINION those are the best all around OHs I have seen play in the past decade. You MUST respect my opinion but you CAN disagree. I NEVER said Zhu is not a top player and that she doesn't deserve to be MVP. This is pathetic. I don't know why you keep saying that I'm attacking Zhu or diminishing her.

• What the f* are you talking about? I said that IN MY OPINION those are the best all around OHs I have seen play in the past decade. You MUST respect my opinion but you CAN disagree. I NEVER said Zhu is not a top player and that she doesn't deserve to be MVP. This is pathetic. I don't know why you keep saying that I'm attacking Zhu or diminishing her.

hehe,its ur attitude.f word?how good you are

• I acknowledge Kirdar's passion and amazing skills. I will miss her for sure. She was one of the best OHs in the world in the past decades IMO. A true player, a true fighter, who never hides from the game. She was surely more interesting to watch in comparison to those "only-spiking" or "only-receiving" OHs who are praised so much sometimes. For me, top 5 OHs I've seen play in the past 15 years were Kirdar, Sokolova, Piccinini, Jaqueline and Larson, in no particular order.

AFAIK, only members in this forum praising Zhu Ting were criticized by some _losers_. The same_losers_claim that Zhu Ting is an OH player can "only spiking". Since you pretend that you're not targeting Zhu Ting and their "fans", can you be kind and tell us which OH players are you talking about? Don't be shy and tell us all. If you cannot provide any names to support your narrative, I have to conclude that you're just a miserable and pathetic hypocrite.

CEV could simply have given her a special award..or even Vakifbank could retire her jersey as soon as they get back... This would be nicer and actually it would mean something instead of taking a award from someone else.

I`m sorry but Godze`s award has Zhu written all over it... ..but like mathias said Vakifbank spent a extra $$$$ in order to give her the MVP...

Fully Agree. Gozde deserves an award for her achievement regarding her volleyball career. But this is a dream team award. This means we should choose the best players to form this dream team. If we start to give a dream team award to a retiring player or something similar, the meaning of dream team award will loose its significance. What next? are we going to give a dream team award to Naz because she's pregnant?

• Well, every time after individual awards announcement, people/fans would have some arguments. But this time, the way CEV handled the situation made me seriously doubt its credibility.

If Zhu is not the MVP, she should be 1st best OH, instead of 2nd. No?

Exactly what I thought, how come Zhu ended up with 2nd OH in the dream team!? I was watching the Instagram story clip CEV posted, when players were waiting in the tunnel for the award, Poljak called Zhu and said 'you first', and Hill was lined behind her. However, they then announced Hill as the 1st OH. CEV's twitter account also stated Hill as the 1st OH, while on its webpage (http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…aspx?NewsID=27187&ID=1036) it seems Zhu was the 1st OH.

This inconsistence could just be a mistake CEV made in communication. Or one could guess originally Zhu was MVP, Gozde was 2nd OH and somehow they had to make a change, so Zhu ended up with being 2nd OH.

To me, no matter how not important any individual award is, it still should be determined in a fair manner. And this time these individual awards provided by CEV, seems to me, is just their way to get more money/please the host.

I agree at the end of day, the gold medal is what matters the most. But I still think CEV should be hold accountable if there's any wrongdoing or trade took place during the process of deciding who gets which individual award.

Neslihan says she came to Bucharest F4 with an injury and had two vaccins to be able to play today and yesterday. I cried with her on that speech

"For the first time in my life I have no idea what's in front of me, what's next. It is a different feeling"

I think she needed to retire maybe a little earlier and had risked very severe injuries just so she could continue on a little longer. The Iron lady will for sure not be forgotten as well as the passionate fighter Gözde.

Both Gozde and Neslihan are tremendous players with rarely successful careers. It's just kind of sad for me to see how these two spent their last day as volleyball player in two dramatically different ways. It would be a bigger celebration if Neslihan chose to join VakifBank this season... Anyway, nothing but best wishes for both of them moving forward!

• Oh my gosh you guys can you stop overreacting over the awards.. is it really the first time some less deserving players get one? Do you remember Larson being given the 'Best Blocker' award over Bahar (or any other MB) just so she can get an award because she was great for Kazan. Or Ognjenovic getting the 'Best Settter' over Wolocz in literally her worst season and tournament with Chemik. Gozde getting the MVP is really a full circle for her.. and yes we all know Zhu is theirs best player, she was a great as always, but Gozde had a very good second game too.. and in the first one, her reception and defense were still there.. I have no problem with her getting that award, as long as Zhu got the best OH.
    Cleger over Fabris was also funny, but her contribution yesterday and giving her team a historic medal had to be awarded some way..

• Oh my gosh you guys can you stop overreacting over the awards.. is it really the first time some less deserving players get one? Do you remember Larson being given the 'Best Blocker' award over Bahar (or any other MB) just so she can get an award because she was great for Kazan. Or Ognjenovic getting the 'Best Settter' over Wolocz in literally her worst season and tournament with Chemik. Gozde getting the MVP is really a full circle for her.. and yes we all know Zhu is theirs best player, she was a great as always, but Gozde had a very good second game too.. and in the first one, her reception and defense were still there.. I have no problem with her getting that award, as long as Zhu got the best OH.
    Cleger over Fabris was also funny, but her contribution yesterday and giving her team a historic medal had to be awarded some way..

No one get overreacting because Gozde receiving an award. We just give our opinion about what award Gozde should deserve. You should instead tell those losers stop provoking Zhu Ting's fans and then playing innocent victims afterwards.