CEV Champions League 2018

• Well we don't know what players Vakifbank will sign so it is just guessing at this point. You have to say Zhu will be a starter, Robinson may be necessary to take over from Gozde unless Tugba is ready as I said, but I agree with Canter that it will be too much pressure for her with little experience. That leaves one foreigner spot and if you remember Sloetjes made a huge contribution to Vakifbank winning the final and I don't think there are any Turkish OPPs that can do that job.

Could Meryem Boz do ?

• One of the main keys of Vakifbank's success especially in the past 5 years is obviously having Naz, which is the best Turkish setter there is. Not wasting 1 spot for a foreigner setter is very helpful. Let's see if Cansu can keep up the good work. Is Naz OFFICIALY pregnant and out of the team? I've heard the same story other years...

Coach already said in the post-game interview he will lost both Naz and Gozde. Either already pregnant or trying to be pregnant, pretty sure Naz will not be at Vakifbank next year.

• One of the main keys of Vakifbank's success especially in the past 5 years is obviously having Naz, which is the best Turkish setter there is. Not wasting 1 spot for a foreigner setter is very helpful. Let's see if Cansu can keep up the good work. Is Naz OFFICIALY pregnant and out of the team? I've heard the same story other years...

i think nothing official..lets wait and see...the closest tournament for clubs must be womens world club championship ?

• I just realized something.... depending on how far Naz is in her pregnancy ...she could even be back next season for the playoffs and CL Finals...

Fabiola had a baby and she was back in the gym like a 1 week later... Dani Lins and Brait same thing.... they had a baby and they are already playing.

• Can Neriman receive very well? Don't think Meliha is an viable option, coach Motta is smart enough to keep her. Maybe they can sign a local OP to replace Lonnecke, don't know who they have, most likely a downgrade as well.

The question is who is better: Zhu+Robinson+Zehra+Kubra vs. Zhu+Tugba+Rasic+Zehra/Kubra, Hard to say... :wall:

I think Neriman is the only one that can replace Godze....and maybe Meliha.

• why are you guy so sure zhu will extend contract with VB? she is a very welcomed addition for any team desiring the top of the podium

I think Zhu will stay in Europe for at least one more year, and if she stays in EU next year, Vakifbank will be the place. I definitely can see her go back to China for 2019-2020 season and be ready for the 2020 Olympics. EU volleyball is too long and it can really wear you out.

• Coach already said in the post-game interview he will lost both Naz and Gozde. Either already pregnant or trying to be pregnant, pretty sure Naz will not be at Vakifbank next year.

this also will be a big blow for Vakıf like Gözde's absence...Vakıf simply lost its main advantage in TL over the other top clubs from Istanbul

• Get ready for the incoming Zhu fans :sos:

Personally I think KYK has to be up there with any of them. OK she is not quite an all-rounder like those you've listed but her receiving skills are pretty solid and her attacking is incredible. Logan Tom as well.

don't pretend be self-righteous and innocent, you were the initiator of the feud, can't help yourself, right? should see a shrink

• why are you guy so sure zhu will extend contract with VB? she is a very welcomed addition for any team desiring the top of the podium

why should she change her team?
    she should have been either unhappy with her team or some other club would offer her more to leave Vakıf

• don't pretend be self-righteous and innocent, you were the initiator of the feud, can't help yourself, right? should see a shrink

:lol:
    I made a prediction and it came true. You think that guy only started his rampage because of my comment? I’ve seen similar things happen way too often.

• Neriman is not good as Godze but she`s the 2nd best Turkish player...is not like they have any other options.

I`m surprised Robinson is getting so much praise here... The reason that Godze started in CL is simply because Robinson was too weak. Guidetti knew Godze was retiring and he would already do a transition and Robinson being her replacement. Or do you guys really think Robinson signed with Vakifbank to be a full time bench player in Turkish and CL?? of course not.... all the foreigners sign because they know they will at least be playing CL.

Robinson started in a lot of Turkish League games but she was too weak...her reception was not even good ...but some fans blamed the ball....and I won`t even talk about her attack which were bad just as Malesevic....go check the stats and you can see I`m not lying.

anyone that actually watched Turkish Season were not surprised at all when Zhu went down and Conegliano took over....this happened many times in the Turkish League... Robinson is simply a 2nd libero ( and again her reception is not even that great as everyone here keeps saying) that can`t score and Sloetjes was having some really bad games...so Guidetti had to bring Godze or Zhu in every game that they did not start to save the day...

and if Vitra signs Kim....Vakifbank will need a strong OH that can score because only Sloetjes and Zhu won`t be enough....at least if they had Naz that would not be so bad.

Zehra is getting all the praise..... based on what?? 4 points that she scored in the final when she replaced Kubra....and based on that Vakifbank does not need Rasic anymore....oh well

Can Neriman receive very well? Don't think Meliha is an viable option, coach Motta is smart enough to keep her. Maybe they can sign a local OP to replace Lonnecke, don't know who they have, most likely a downgrade as well.

The question is who is better: Zhu+Robinson+Zehra+Kubra vs. Zhu+Tugba+Rasic+Zehra/Kubra, Hard to say... :wall:

• Quoted from "Rip"

don't pretend be self-righteous and innocent, you were the initiator of the feud, can't help yourself, right? should see a shrink

I made a prediction and it came true. You think that guy only started his rampage because of my comment? I’ve seen similar things happen way too often.

If you know "so well" the "outcome", then why you and your pathetic friend (Sydney) had made such useless and provocative comments? and why you both keep refusing to answer a very simple and specific question to dissipate any possible "misunderstanding"?

• Don't know how you got that expression for Robinson, you can check this year's Turkey League season stats below. Robinson was better than Gozde in both reception and attack this year. I think they are comparable at least.

http://tvf-web.dataproject.com/Statistics.aspx?ID=25&PID=58

• I`m not comparing them... and if you are looking in the overall stats, well that is not what I`m talking about. I`m talking about performance in each game... go ahead and check the stats for each game and you will get a different picture based on these overall stats... Zhu is ranked at 8th... Yeah sureeee....

Don't know how you got that expression for Robinson, you can check this year's Turkey League season stats below. Robinson was better than Gozde in both reception and attack this year. I think they are comparable at least.

http://tvf-web.dataproject.com/Statistics.aspx?ID=25&PID=58

• Game 1 of the season againt Halkbank Robinson started - 7 points with only 35% in attack ( not good)

game 2 - 1 point (11% in attack) not good

against Ilkbank - 10 points but with only 22% in attack....

She had some good games....but overall...she was not great.... She did not sign with Vakifbank to be on the bench both in CL and Turkish....but Guidetti must play with the roster that will win games....He tried starting Robinson against Moscow and they lost the first set for example. Look what happened in the game against Conegliano...

And mostly important her reception was not good especially early in the season....and some fans were saying it was the different ball.

• Even though Robinson and Gozde are both OH players, they are fundamentally very different animals and they both play very different roles. For this, I think it's pointless to compare both of them. The most important thing for now is to find someone to fill the leadership vacuum left by Gozde. If Rasic accepts to stay in Vakif for another two years. I think she's the best candidate to be the new Vakif captain. As for Gozde's replacement, the candidate needs to be a local NT player or a future NT player.

• I can't believe people can argue over a pointless topic for so many pages.

However, don't just blame the "incoming Zhu fans", though. Other contributors (who are more experienced on this forum and should have known better about avoiding meaningless trash) are equally unpleasant to say the least.

• It is just a commercial game. Take it easy guys. Zhuting finished her job perfect and gets paid! Raising the salaray to 2 million euro will be more meaningful ! That is even better! :wavy:

World volleyball championship is coming~~~ :teach: zhuting vs boscovic again! Great battle. I am exiciting to see zhuting vs milena (two great captain) in the future!