CEV Champions League 2018

• Novara is not bad team, they just need to stop making so many errors and they are playing against really good team.

• First I have to say Conegliano is playing very, very well. They serve very well, all attackers are contributing and Wolosz is distributing the ball very nicely.

Novara so far have been terrible though. I think it's because they rely on too many unreliable players. Egonu is a great talent of course, but she is still a young girl and makes a lot of mistakes. Plak as well is quite an inconsistent player and Skorupa can be brilliant when she plays at her best, but other times she is just... :S

• Lets go Imoco!!! Now 3rd set is very good so far !

My God how strong Egonu is, monster :super:

• This is what I'm talking about. Now they are playing very good, both teams. Even if I think Imoco slow down from 1st and 2nd set.

edit: Now they step up their game + Plak and Egonu started to make mistakes in attack.

• Top scorers for Imoco

Fabris 18 points, Robin 16 points, Hill 14 points, Bricio 12 points. Bravo Robin second best scorer as MB.

Only weak part of Imoco game is their blocking, that can be on much higher level but overall great team. I hope Fabris will start to be starter in Seria A to improve connection between her Wolosz, and to get more confidence, althought Wolosz was AMAZINGGGG.

• Novara has a huge weak link, which is Skorupa. Same for Imoco with Wolosz. The difference is Wolosz managed to play a decent game.

:white: Are you watching Serie A at all? Wolosz is really good this season. As for Skorupa, I don't think she is one to blame with Egonu, Plak and Piccinnini receiving and attacking so bad and making 20 errors on their own... A setter won't help you with reception on 5 meter.......

• That is true. Imoco was attacking Novara reception all the time, they just couldn't gave her good balls. Yes She had bad moments but on other hand She showed what can she do when reception is great. Look how many MBs and Plak same as Egonu made errors in attack. If they can reduce that numbers for sure We will watch diffrent Novara in next phase of CL.

I still believe everything is open in the match between Novara-Fenerbahce...

• That is true. Imoco was attacking Novara reception all the time, they just couldn't gave her good balls. Yes She had bad moments but on other hand She showed what can she do when reception is great. Look how many MBs and Plak same as Egonu made errors in attack. If they can reduce that numbers for sure We will watch diffrent Novara in next phase of CL.

I still believe everything is open in the match between Novara-Fenerbahce...

If Novara does not make miracles in receiving, FB will crush them. I don't think FB is that strong this year, but they are extremely strong from the serve line. Yesterday Imoco Connegliano had Bricio, Fabris and Wolosz as good servers. Almost every player of FB are as dangerous as Bricio from the serve line. So Novara might have a terrible nightmare. If FB's serves are off or if Novara starts receiving better miraculously, then we can watch a totally different match.

FB's chances against Connegliano is lower since they have a better receiving line up and better servers.

• FB definitely is not flawless this season especially on reception but like meatballs mentioned FB is filled with insane servers like Rahimova, Eda, Mia Jerkov etc. which is why I agree on that it will be very hard fo Novara to resist them at all. Imoco Conegliano has a much higher chance and played 3 amazing sets yesterday but they will have to keep their focus throughout the whole match to beat them. I think Imoco has a high chance to lead the group. I wish we had an Italian-Turkish match this week just so we could get a better idea on where the teams stand. It is hard to compare them like this. Imoco seems to look for revenge though after last year especially Robin seems very motivated :box:

I hope Gizem Karadayi can help GS in reception today and we will see a strong GS on court. If she can do her defense well who knows what might happen.

• I wonder how Gizem will peform, too. Guidetti will serve on her that is for sure, is she capable of covering Kosheleva? On Vakif‘s instagram they posted short video interviews with Gözde, Kelsey and Guidetti. Gözde is talking about GS and their fast play last season, this season they use high balls which are predictable and easy for us to block, she said.

• I don't know how they got in lol original plan was: No GS supporters.

GS is not playing bad at all, at some point VB even looked a little intimidated but then GS choked big time. They were definitely playing better in the middle and end of set.