CEV Champions League 2018

• who said Zhu needs to be covered? ....Zhu is the one that receives the most in the team as everyone targets her..

and did you see Zhu`s reception in the Final 4 and Turkish Finals?? She was perfect and had the best receptions out of everyone in the court. Zhu always plays her best when it matters the most and she does NOT need anyone covering her....

As much as I like her when she tries to pass, this isn't true.

According to the CEV her passing still sucks. There are 44 players in the best receivers and the best receivers efficiency rankings and she is not listed in any of them. :whistle:

• A few points:

1. These few hard-core non-stop zhu fans aren't representing all of us, as any sane mature people would know.
    2. Gozde is such a charismatic character and she is beloved by a lot of Zhu fans. And many would agree as a friend and captain, Gozde certainly makes the transition to Vakif easier for Zhu, so you can say part of Zhu's success in Europe is contributed by Gozde. You can also see on courts, Zhu and Gozde are quite close and trust each other, whenever Gozde is bump setting, she mostly goes to Zhu.
    3. These fans can be annoying indeed, but at the same time, I don't think hating Zhu is a good response for this. It has nothing to do with Zhu anyway. Mature up guys.

So let's just ignore these posts and don't give them more to argue about. Peace guys.

i agree with you.good point

• I think most chinese fans can live with that Gözde is the MVP. Only some die-hard fans of Zhu can't face it. I have learnt that in some chinese forums you will get into trouble when you say something bad about Zhu even it is a fair comment.
    IMO, Gözde is eligible for the prize she won. Some people are just so narrow-minded and neglect the contributions Gözde made.

i see. :thumbup: :)
    those ones you mentioned above remind me of some Fener and Gala's fans in turkey

• As much as I like her when she tries to pass, this isn't true.

According to the CEV her passing still sucks. There are 44 players in the best receivers and the best receivers efficiency rankings and she is not listed in any of them. :whistle:

They forgot to put Zhu in. 175 total 22 errors 52 negs, 36 excellents. Right in the middle if the list includes all receivers. Not sure why you keep nagging on Zhu's reception. Even if it's not good, still can win golds. Not sure about your favorites, all around, does not really mean anything.

• Even if it's not good, still can win golds.

I agree with this. Her reception isn’t great, but it’s usually not too bad either. There are many good OHs who pass similarly or worse than Zhu.

• I agree with this. Her reception isn’t great, but it’s usually not too bad either. There are many good OHs who pass similarly or worse than Zhu.

Yeah. Her reception is far from being great, but she still can kill the balls anyway no matter how bad the pass is.

• i believe there's no stable great passing OH in the World..every great passing OH can have bad matches..on the other hand,if i were coach i didnt let very tall players receive..it should be a hard job for them
    btw,i remember Ting was pretty shaky in some matches of finals in TL however as 198 cm tall player She looked good to my eyes in CL finals. she deserves recognition for that too..congrats to her!

• Also, Zhu Ting was 15th best receiver last year during the World Champion Cup which is not bad at all.

I think she generally receives better for the NT. Maybe something about the Chinese system she has played in all her life makes it easier for her? I don’t know.

• i believe there's no stable great passing OH in the World..every great passing OH can have bad matches..on the other hand,if i were coach i didnt let very tall players receive..it should be a hard job for them
    btw,i remember Ting was pretty shaky in some matches of finals in TL however as 198 cm tall player She looked good to my eyes in CL finals. she deserves recognition for that too..congrats to her!

Hill is very tall OH and She is still very good reciver and defence player, but She is one from 1000.

• I also noticed that too.Same for Hill but she is opposite to Zhu.Hill receives better at clubs, Zhu receives better at NT.I think it is connected with confidence.Karch always change Hill with Kelsey at backrow, it is same for Zhu at club season.

• I'm not blaming Vakifbank, but Zhu Thing receiving performance had dropped significantly since she plays for this club. Do you guys, remember Zhu Ting was the 4th best receiver during the Olympic Games?

I recalled Guidetti changed her receiving style after joining the club. I don't think it is changing the style that has affected her receiving. In club volleyball, you face all the best servers in the world so that might be a factor. Plus playing for national teams might not include all the best players/servers in the world because some of the bad teams have really good players that fail qualification.

Club and nation are two totally different competition. Some achieved greatness in one and failed in the other due to poor national team. So you can't compare the two. Only a few will stand out in both competitions.

Zhu's reception was down from previous year but attack % and efficiency increased. I think more teams are targeting her now because serving to her is the best way to get her out of rhythm and force the coach to sub her out. Vakifbank lost most games when Zhu was not on the court due to bad reception. Somehow other players failed to score for some reason that couldn't be explained. I think the best way to stop her is to keep her off the court through serving. She is deadly in the front row but I think more lethal in the back, at least efficiency wise. No stats to back it up so only guessing. Anyway, hope to see some good games in the league of shadows for upcoming national competition.

• I recalled Guidetti changed her receiving style after joining the club. I don't think it is changing the style that has affected her receiving. In club volleyball, you face all the best servers in the world so that might be a factor. Plus playing for national teams might not include all the best players/servers in the world because some of the bad teams have really good players that fail qualification.

Club and nation are two totally different competition. Some achieved greatness in one and failed in the other due to poor national team. So you can't compare the two. Only a few will stand out in both competitions.

Zhu's reception was down from previous year but attack % and efficiency increased. I think more teams are targeting her now because serving to her is the best way to get her out of rhythm and force the coach to sub her out. Vakifbank lost most games when Zhu was not on the court due to bad reception. Somehow other players failed to score for some reason that couldn't be explained. I think the best way to stop her is to keep her off the court through serving. She is deadly in the front row but I think more lethal in the back, at least efficiency wise. No stats to back it up so only guessing. Anyway, hope to see some good games in the league of shadows for upcoming national competition.

You have a good point regarding the difference between players from clubs and players from NT. But if we apply proportionality law, the results between clubs and NT shouldn't make a huge difference statistically. What I mean is when you play with a bunch of weak teams, other teams will also play with the same weak teams. When you play with a bunch of strong teams, other teams have to play with the same strong team as well. So statistically, the numbers could be very different, but the proportion or ratio should remain the same.

• can't believe people are arguing so much about the MVP and Gozde. Those who bashed Gozde can't represent Zhu or Zhu fans.

Maybe we should hear from Zhu herself for a bit? does anyone care at all what Zhu thinks of all this?

this is a screenshot from Zhu's personal social media account and I've translated it here:

This should be the last time I share a room with captain Gozde. I appreciate this sisterhood very much for the last two years as well as the care and love she shed on me! Particularly happy that we achieved the best outcome through our hard work in the last tournament together with the captain. There is still a long way to go in the future (of my career). I will remember all the things I have learnt from her and try my best to become a better self. Also I hope I will follow her footsteps, to be with the beloved volleyball for such a long time! I wish the captain a very happy life!

• Thank you!! :drink:

• In order to help get away from all this negativity, I would just like to point out the incredible last 12 months that Milena Rasic has had.

In that period, she won almost all that there was to win. First, with Serbia she won the WCH qualification group. Then she got bronze at the World Grand Prix (one of only handful of competitions she did not win with her team in this period) . The she won gold at the European Championship (there are only two players who were members of the team in both 2011 and 2017 gold-winning squads, Milena Rasic and Tijana Malesevic). And then the dream-season with Vakif, with 4 titles in the bag.

She is quickly becoming one of the most decorated European players of all time (and she is still only 28; she can play at the world-class level for 3-5 years more). :heart: