CEV Cup 2018

• Congrats to Vitra
    Good game by Boşkoviç,Larson,especially by Adams
    I didnt/couldnt watch the match
    Considering the first and third set
    If Diouf plays like today in return match
    I guess her teammates will help her better
    Vitra should take some precautions to avoid a golden set which is not a far possibility after seeing first and third sets of this match and that return match is going to be played in italy

• So nothing special happened today - aside from the top match Eczacibasi vs. Busto Arsizio all favourites won in three sets, therefore one quarter to expect is VBL internal duel Stuttgart vs. Dresden.

• The only match without clear favourite was won by hosts BÉZIERS (leader in French league) against Minchanka MINSK in tie-break. The return match in Belorus will be interesting, because Minsk has not too bad chances to proceed, I guess, but is far from being sure.

• Maybe with more people in the venue this match would be more interesting. This looked like a training match.

We will see what Busto can show in Italy, they took one set, and lost first won very closely so that means everything is open.

Mr crovolley and his future visions are again on point. While taking 1 set and loosing one really close but never mentioning loosing 2 sets with a big difference (both 25-18 ) Busto is a very very very strong Italian team. I love how you want to push and bring on arguments to tell us how strong Italian teams are. But there is something you forget: your (strong) arguments in this case: winning 1 set and loosing 1 very close, automatically destroys the strong part, because there are other 2 set (25-18 which you never mention, but the sets in favour for Busto are worth saying how strong Busto is but the other 2 sets with a big difference are not worth saying how weak Busto is.
    Really, you should see a lot of things neutral. Thank god that croatian league is not the strongest.

Btw, today match Conegliano - Fener is all about Fabris Fabris Fabris..

• While both German participants Schwerin and Stuttgart proceeded as expected to the quarters, no match "on the road" (Schwerin was forced to fly with a stop in Poland) was easy for them: Khimik won the first set in oblast Odessa, but Schwerin took care and won not only the next two, required sets, but also the fourth. Despite Stuttgart could do the same with the needed two sets after winning second and third set, this was very difficult due to the famous fighting spirit of Asterix, who nearly won the second (could not use several set balls than) and even the match at the end, despite the hosts were trailing 12:14 in the tie-break and facing two match points against them, they won 16:14 (!), although already being out of competition. I remember, that last season Olympiacos Piraeus had also much trouble to win against Asterix in Challenge Cup.

• The most interesting match today in Minsk was won by the hosts in the return match in four sets, they continued as "French team killer" by eliminating French league leaders Béziers Angels, because the last won their home match only in tie-break.

A little respect is due for the following underdogs, all winning one set against the favourites today, despite all of them are now out of competition:

Maribor (Slowenia) at home against Krasnoyarsk, Düdingen (Switzerland) in Dresden and Kralovo Pole BRNO (Brünn, Czech republic) at home against Ekaterinburg.

• Eczacibasi won again 3:1, in 4th set 24:23 for Busto and they lost 24:26. So again very tie game between them.
    Someone said Ecazcibasi is strongest team in Europe this year. I don't think so. Lol

• Remember, that Eczacibasi already proceeded to the quarters after winning the third set. The only real concern was the win of the opening set by Busto for them, but since fourth set it was only a symbolic match...

• Eczacibasi won again 3:1, in 4th set 24:23 for Busto and they lost 24:26. So again very tie game between them.
    Someone said Ecazcibasi is strongest team in Europe this year. I don't think so. Lol

Remember, that Eczacibasi already proceeded to the quarters after winning the third set. The only real concern was the win of the opening set by Busto for them, but since fourth set it was only a symbolic match...

He will never stop unless Fabris will play for any turkish team. Again based on sets he predicts how strong a team must be or not. Then Conegliano is the worst Italian team because they barely beat Fener with a line up like this :whistle:

• congrats to Eczacı

there are good matchups in the 4th finals!

StefanS, what do you think about Casalmaggiore-Schwerin match ? ..( another quesstion : could Dresnder eliminate Casalmaggiore ? )

some other good matchups :

Dresdner-Stuttgart
    Uralocka-Minska
    Eczacıbaşı-Krasnoyarsk

• He will never stop unless Fabris will play for any turkish team. Again based on sets he predicts how strong a team must be or not. Then Conegliano is the worst Italian team because they barely beat Fener with a line up like this :whistle:

Voleybol 1.Ligi at best! :rolll: :rolll:

Motta made some turn over. He didn't start Ognjenovic, that just played from the second set; Guldeniz replaced Ismailoglu. Beyza replaced Busra in the last set.

But then you forget EczV altready won the match after 3rd set... :aww: Eczacibasi is clearly one of the best if not best atm.

To be honest I like your logic, with that logic Conegliano beat FB 3-2 Halkbank beat them 3-1 therefore Halkbank>Conegliano is pretty much a fact. :)

• I think, Schwerin has a chance against Casalmaggiore, because the last is playing a really weak season and last year we could enforce a tie-break already in Stuttgart against a much better team of them as now. We would have a chance too this season, but Dresden not, because Dresdens OHs are to weak in attack - the core reason, why Stuttgart could defeat them easily in three sets in the last match in German VBL league.