CEV Cup 2018

• Does every thread really need to be derailed into Turkish league vs Italian league debate?

• Today in Krasnoyarsk (moderate temperature of around -10 degrees for Sibirian measures) the first match for Eczacibasi, the clear-cut favourite of this competition, but one of the two strongest opponents (after they succeeded before against Busto Arsizio). On laola1.tv:

http://www.laola1.tv/de-de/liv…cibasi-vitra-istanbul-lde

(starts at 13 o'clock CET or 12 o'clock UT).

• Congrats to Eczacı!
    after first set Krasnoyarsk played a good match against Vitra (i didnt watch the match)

good game from Boşkoviç and Larson and Chaplina and Shcheglova from Krasnoyarsk's OHs..good game by Büşra,weak game by Adams
    both teams had few block points

Motta's post-match coment came as interesting to me : "I did not watch any games of Yenisei before"...did he have to watch some videos from the opponent before the match ?

• is Krasnoyarsk a better team than Uralocka or not ?
    there is also Casalmaggiore

It is hard to tell: after league round Krasnoyarsk was in Russia better than Ekaterinburg, but this can change in the playoffs, because the tendency of Krasnojarsk was more to weaken over the season opposed to Uralochka, which seems now to strengthen.

Just wait, if favourites of Casalmaggiore win against Schwerin! This is absolutely not for granted IMHO, because they lack usual attacker power now (best scorer is Serbian middle Jovana Stevanovic) and are ranked no good in A1 currently. At least German NT and Schwerin player Louisa Lippmann can get an edge against Pomìs attackers, I think. Last year Stuttgart could "steal" already two sets at home from a much better Casalmaggiore team...

Of course, if Schwerin should face Eczacibasi, this would be kind of a joke for the Istanbul powerhorse - the current German champions have no measures to withstand one of the strongest teams of Europe, winner of league round in Turkey (!).

• It is hard to tell: after league round Krasnoyarsk was in Russia better than Ekaterinburg, but this can change in the playoffs, because the tendency of Krasnojarsk was more to weaken over the season opposed to Uralochka, which seems now to strengthen.

Just wait, if favourites of Casalmaggiore win against Schwerin! This is absolutely not for granted IMHO, because they lack usual attacker power now (best scorer is Serbian middle Jovana Stevanovic) and are ranked no good in A1 currently. At least German NT and Schwerin player Louisa Lippmann can get an edge against Pomìs attackers, I think. Last year Stuttgart could "steal" already two sets at home from a much better Casalmaggiore team...

Of course, if Schwerin should face Eczacibasi, this would be kind of a joke for the Istanbul powerhorse - the current German champions have no measures to withstand one of the strongest teams of Europe, winner of league round in Turkey (!).

i watched the replay .Chaplina played a good game..if she keeps playing this game she can be called for Russian NT,cant she?

what do you think about Dresnsdner-Stutgart winner's chance against Uralocka (if we wont see a new draw for the f4 !)
    we can see one of these German teams in the final! why not ?

• i watched the replay .Chaplina played a good game..if she keeps playing this game she can be called for Russian NT,cant she?

what do you think about Dresnsdner-Stutgart winner's chance against Uralocka (if we wont see a new draw for the f4 !)
    we can see one of these German teams in the final! why not ?

Victoria Chaplina was already at times in Russian NT, if I remember correctly, she is a good OH.

German duel Stuttgart vs. Dresden: both sides are consent, that Stuttgart is the favourite there, but it is never easy to play in Margon hall in Dresden. Laola1.tv will show in not too bad quality this match in this evening.

I have seen Russian superleague Ekaterinburg vs. Odintsovo, and Uralochka seemed stronger to me as in the earlier parts of the season. It is really difficult due to our experience from Bundesliga to stop those tall, hard hitting Russians, making impressive block actions. All will depend as often in this sports, how well the German team (especially favourite Stuttgart) can exert pressure on the Russian reception, especially the key player Ksenia Parubets (born as Ilchenko), and how well the own reception works. I think, we would have a small, but only a small chance against them. - That we would be easy prey for Eczacibasi in the final is a different story.

So far I know the tree of pairings was fixed with the decisions, which clubs came down from CL, and will not be modified anymore, it is already visible on CEV website.

• yeap,i know she had played for Russian NT but then she had had an injury or due to any other reason we couldnt see her playing for the NT in the recent years.. i mean we can see her again with the NT with this performance of hers

i havent watched a German team for quite a while..id like to watch it or the replay to see the 'teams level
    on Parubets : i like her as a player but her passing could be a liability for her team..German team should exploit it in the best way to prevail..

without taking into accout how a Vitra-Stutgart /Dresden final could look like..making it to the final would be already a good achievment :win:

• btw..i just noticed that i confused Krasnoyarsk team with Krasnodar 8| without taking into account that they played/are playing different Cups in Cev :D

i mean Krasnodar was playing badly..the team Vitra played yerterday was playing quite well i happened to be for a short while : how this team !! ?( :D

• Stuttgart is clearly stronger than Dresdner this season. Non only the OHs are weak from Dresdner. Stuttgart has got an amazing couple of MBs way too strong compared to the ones of their opponents.

McCage is NT and Top teams material.