CEV Cup 2018

• Congrats. to Vitra..Boşkoviç played almost a perferct game.the other players didnt need to play well they did their jobs ..i didnt like libero Simge's perf.
    German coach didnt seem to tactically have prepared on Boşkoviç's attacks.Schwerin's best was MB Barfield

• congrats to Minsk team.after the storm in the fourt set i thought Stuttgart would win
    i dont know how Stuttgart's away performances but Minsk is the close side to the final together with Eczacıbaşı

• Congrats. to Vitra..Boşkoviç played almost a perferct game.the other players didnt need to play well they did their jobs ..i didnt like libero Simge's perf.
    German coach didnt seem to tactically have prepared on Boşkoviç's attacks.Schwerin's best was MB Barfield

I remember Boskovic in an important match against VakifBank having had 76% kills in attack, so 79% against Schwerin are no surprise IMHO. She is nearly unstoppable, hitting high, hard and precise... I think this was a decent performance by Schwerin, considering the huge difference in every possible regard (budget of Eczacibasi alone is about 8 times higher than Schwerin, this is clearly not the same level, but another order of magnitude). This is just mission impossible for even the best VBL teams (Schwerin and Stuttgart).

• congrats to Minsk team.after the storm in the fourt set i thought Stuttgart would win
    i dont know how Stuttgart's away performances but Minsk is the close side to the final together with Eczacıbaşı

This was a fully deserved win by Minsk, because they were much more stable in their performance and a class better focused in tie-break. Stuttgart showed two very good sets, but this doesn't suffice on this level, too many players of Stuttgart were not performing as usual (I understand this for Molly McCage, who was out of exercize for some days, but still playing decent, while not as strong as usual in blocking), and it was difficult to find a working lineup today for head coach Athanasopoulos. If they play their best in Minsk, they might still have a small chance, but Minsk is now the clear favourite, despite they admitted after the match, that Stuttgart is their strongest opponent in CEV cup so far, better than Ekaterinburg (!). (remember, Minsk was eliminated by VakifBank in CL qualification round 3, but this was no surprise at all, with VakifBank being the only match for Eczacibasi in strength currently IMHO).

• I remember Boskovic in an important match against VakifBank having had 76% kills in attack, so 79% against Schwerin are no surprise IMHO. She is nearly unstoppable, hitting high, hard and precise... I think this was a decent performance by Schwerin, considering the huge difference in every possible regard (budget of Eczacibasi alone is about 8 times higher than Schwerin, this is clearly not the same level, but another order of magnitude). This is just mission impossible for even the best VBL teams (Schwerin and Stuttgart).

you're right about Tijana but i think she is not as great on zone 4 as she is on zone 2 and 6..if she can improve on zone 4 then she will be a complete great attacker.today she looked comfortable at zone 4 too against Schwerin..Schwerim played well till half of the sets..after half of the sets,Vitra took advantage of either a serve an attack or defence etc in a way..

• This was a fully deserved win by Minsk, because they were much more stable in their performance and a class better focused in tie-break. Stuttgart showed two very good sets, but this doesn't suffice on this level, too many players of Stuttgart were not performing as usual (I understand this for Molly McCage, who was out of exercize for some days, but still playing decent, while not as strong as usual in blocking), and it was difficult to find a working lineup today for head coach Athanasopoulos. If they play their best in Minsk, they might still have a small chance, but Minsk is now the clear favourite, despite they admitted after the match, that Stuttgart is their strongest opponent in CEV cup so far, better than Ekaterinburg (!). (remember, Minsk was eliminated by VakifBank in CL qualification round 3, but this was no surprise at all, with VakifBank being the only match for Eczacibasi in strength currently IMHO).

Stuttgart's coach looked/talked optimistic about the return match

• Stuttgart's coach looked/talked optimistic about the return match

That's for sure not impossible, to win there, but extremely difficult IMHO. As matter of fact, Stuttgart should even try to win in 3 or 4 sets, because in tie-break Minsk is clearly more focused and ready than our team.

• you're right about Tijana but i think she is not as great on zone 4 as she is on zone 2 and 6..if she can improve on zone 4 then she will be a complete great attacker.today she looked comfortable at zone 4 too against Schwerin..Schwerim played well till half of the sets..after half of the sets,Vitra took advantage of either a serve an attack or defence etc in a way..

Actually I disagree about Boskovic. Considering she's left handed she hits pretty well from zone 4.. there are many lefties which borderline cant attack on the left.. Murphy is an example

• Today the decision comes about the finalists: while Eczacibasi will for sure kick out Schwerin in the first two sets in Burhan-Felek-Salonu, Stuttgart communicates aggressively to ride a full attack in Minsk to turn the home loss into a clear win - the betting shows at most a small advantage for Minsk in this match, the outcome may depend on the shape of both teams today heavily. Anyway, Eczacibasi will take the trophy in Istanbul in the final return match.

• Maja is an ok blocker, but Naz is definitely better. Naz is probably the best setter at blocking other than Carli Lloyd.