2018 CEV Challenge Cup

• Clear win by OLimpiacos in Krasnodar! i didnt expect a 3-0 win ,they made it to the final!

They were last time also in the finals, and now it is again against Bursa, so they are underdogs like last time. But they are a really good team and Krasnodar was very vulnerable this season as mentioned, they will likely go down to Vishaya league now.

• They were last time also in the finals, and now it is again against Bursa, so they are underdogs like last time. But they are a really good team and Krasnodar was very vulnerable this season as mentioned, they will likely go down to Vishaya league now.

OLimpiacos vs.Bursa BB final will be nice
    especially the match in Greece!
    to be honest, would be a better story if Olimpiacos had won the trophy..Bursa won it two times..a third one wont make much difference in its life
    i like it when the less succesful countries' teams succeed
    like two years ago..

• A little roller coaster like match: Bursa began stronger than Olympiacos, but with the help of the home crowd the Greek standout leveled the match, in the third set with 25:7 :white: . But in tie-break Bursa could prevent another upset and won by smallest possible margin 13:15. Now Bursa is again in the better position as Olympiacos in the final return match in Turkey, very similar like last year with the same finalists...

• Olypiacos coach's pre-match speech today made me smile.he delivered a similar speech last week before the first match but this time he modified his speech.he had said laast week that Bursa was a brand new team but they had the same team as the last year but today he said Bursa is a new team but "we have also changed" :D

• Congrats to Olympiacos !!!

Having said that, it is a shame for Bursa....

Nikolova and Beliën always show good level. OHs and libera were a joke today. Also 2nd MB...

• I didnt see the stats but I did watch the match. Fatma is the ONLY reason they even won in Greece so its a bit unfair to blame her and she seemed good/ok at reception today. I agree about Leys she was terrible in both finals especially in reception which is weird :what: Beliën was a bit underwhelming tbh today and got blocked so many times especially at important points, I expected more from her. Same goes for Dimitrova who we know can play like a beast but was very underwhelming today as well and not reliable at all for side outs. Local MB Ikbal is the 3rd MB as Ergül was injured. I actually do see potential in her and she seemed athletic but like I said atm she is the 3rd MB and she is not a good blocker especially compared to Ergül.

Idk why but Bursa didnt play well as a whole if you ask me, no one did their job well which resulted in an easy loss. If I had to pick one player though I would say Leys especially was Terrible and her reception was needed bcs thats what Bursa does best. If they cant even receive ofc they can forget a victory. Olympiacos good serves made life only harder.

• Hm, the "Greek girls" feature an attack formation, with consists of 2/3 of German NT players (OPP Hippe, OH Poll) and 1/3 USA (OH Niemer) :) . Anyway, a very good performance by them...

• I looked at statistics and Olympiacos was simply better in every regard of the game. Especially evident it was in blocking (Olympiacos 14 kills to 8 of Bursa) and in service (Olympiacos: as many aces as faults (10 each), while Bursa made 11 more faults than aces). But also attack efficiency and reception were better with the visitors in the Turkish hall.