CEV Cup 2019

• These are the best teams now confirmed to participate due to recently renewed CEV + Challenge Cup rankings:

1. Galatasaray ISTANBUL (TUR)
    2. Yenisey KRASNOYARSK (RUS)
    3. DRESDNER SC (GER)
    4. Sm'Aesch PFEFFINGEN (SUI) (instead of CL qualification)
    5. DÜDINGEN (SUI)
    6. Stiinta BACAU (ROM)
    7. CSM TARGOVISTE (ROM)
    8. Asterix AVO BEVEREN (BEL/Kieldrecht, instead of CL qualification)
    9. VC OUDEGEM (BEL)
    10.St. RAPHAEL (FRA)
    11.Fatum NYIREGYHAZA (HUN)
    12.Agel PROSTEJOV (CZE) (instead CL pool stage)
    13.OSTRAVA (CZE)
    14.Yamamay e-work BUSTO ARSIZIO (ITA)
    15.LP SALO (FIN)
    16.Zeleznicar LAJKOVAC (SRB)
    17.Khimik YUZHNY (UKR, instead CL qualification)
    18.Nova Branik MARIBOR (SLO, instead CL pool stage)

It is not that clear, if one or both Swiss teams Düdingen and Schaffhausen will participate or opt for Challenge Cup. Olympiacos Piraeus might opt for CL qualification instead for example. Busto Arsizio will be a major threat for the top three, if CEV strictly sticks to the ranking (?), because they will be not set at all, it seems, and can encounter any team at any also early time in the competition. If somebody is surprised regarding Germany: in the last years usually always at least one VBL team was in the semis of CEV cup...

• What a mess in the drawing of lots today by CEV: not even Galatasaray and Krasnojarsk were set as one and two for the both halfs of the tournament. They can meet fairly early in 1/8 finals already. In the lower half formally higher ranked Dresden (GER) had really bad luck and meets in the first (!) match the former two times competition winner Yamamay e-work BUSTO ARSIZIO (ITA), which are clear-cut favourites for the finals from the lower half IMHO. The above mentioned two teams from Turkey and Russia are the favourites for the finals in the upper half of course. If Busto Arsizio manages to construct a really strong team and playing well in this season, they might win a third time this competition - Galatasaray may be their toughest opponent, but hast to get past Krasnojarsk at first. The winner Galatasaray/Krasnojarsk will face in quarters the CL qualification loser of Stuttgart (GER) vs. Alba Blaj (ROM), what should be no big obstacle for them.

• Any idea about roster of Krasnoyarsk?

• Thanks for the link! They don't look like a threat with this roster

• CSM Targoviste vs Galatasaray seems like it could be a complete epic match and its already so early in the tournament. Targoviste had a very close match in Romanian league vs Bucuresti which we saw in CEV CL win vs Chemik. They won all other matches 3-0. Galatasaray meanwhile had a rocky start in Turkish league and are ranked 9th now w/o the juniors points. Though their last match was a lot better. I believe this can be a great match.

Actually Romanian league truly improved now that I think of it in a short time span! Bucuresti, Alba Blaj and Targoviste are decent clubs and I believe they're open to invest even more in the future. France is also improving and Germany slowly and steadily.

• indeed! Targoviste vs Galatasaray will be interesting considering Gala's perf in the league so far , also their reception..

Targoviste has Bul OPP Dimitrova( ex-Nikoloeva) in its roster

they have also Serbian Klisura who was a promising player once.i dont know how she is doing now...she has a very good height : 192

• CSM Targoviste vs Galatasaray seems like it could be a complete epic match and its already so early in the tournament. Targoviste had a very close match in Romanian league vs Bucuresti which we saw in CEV CL win vs Chemik. They won all other matches 3-0. Galatasaray meanwhile had a rocky start in Turkish league and are ranked 9th now w/o the juniors points. Though their last match was a lot better. I believe this can be a great match.

Actually Romanian league truly improved now that I think of it in a short time span! Bucuresti, Alba Blaj and Targoviste are decent clubs and I believe they're open to invest even more in the future. France is also improving and Germany slowly and steadily.

Don't forget Stiinta Bacau, which is also a really good Romanian club. Last season at least also Timisoara, now in Challenge Cup, was a decent contender.

• indeed! Targoviste vs Galatasaray will be interesting considering Gala's perf in the league so far , also their reception..

Targoviste has Bul OPP Dimitrova( ex-Nikoloeva) in its roster

they have also Serbian Klisura who was a promising player once.i dont know how she is doing now...she has a very good height : 192

Dimitrova doesn't play anymore for Târgoviște.

http://www.jurnaldedambovita.r…saray-istanbul,48478.html

• Targoviste has also lost 3-0 from Alba.. i thought she was injured because she didnt play in Romania league so far (also she wasnt in wch18).

• Galatasaray and Targoviste surprised me..i didnt exepect a 3-0 win..Gala's been playing well in the last two matches (first against Aydın BB now Targoviste ) ..Targoviste's players' stats look terrible excluding Tanja Sredic..interestingly Gala made no passing mistakes..so Targoviste should have served badly