Italy - Serie A1 2013/2014

• I wrote about her here before. She really deserves the NT spot... she has always been a good receiver wnd she is a very good scorer this season... Mayne some teams would find her useful and tranfer her, she shouldn't be expensive...
    What about Wensink what positions has she played?[/quote]

All positions except libero :D :D

Wow...has she really played as setter and OH or some short - term experiment

• Setter was an experiment during a NT-summer (Selinger-era). She played at least one full season OH (Schwerin) and one full season Opp (Amstelveen).

• What a performance by Piacenza :white: :obey:

Too bad they were out of shape in CL playoffs, playing like this they can beat almost everyone!

Really impressive indeed...like a walk in the park...tranquille....like the RAI-reporters said :P

They are both technically and tactically sooo strong, especially Bosetti and Meijners :obey: :obey: :obey:

• PLAYOFF SEMIFINALS (2nd Match)

UNENDO YAMAMAY BUSTO ARSIZIO - Imoco Conegliano 3-2 [ 1st Match 3-1 ]
    BUSTO: Wolosz 1, Ortolani 12, Buijs 25, Marcon 16, Arrighetti 14, Michel 5, Leonardi(L), Sloetjes 1
    CONEGLIANO: Lloyd 3, Nikolova 24, Fiorin 18, Barcellini 9, Barazza 13, Gibbemeyer 9, De Gennaro(L), Tirozzi 7
    http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=81307

Igor Gorgonzola Novara - REBECCHI NORDMECCANICA PIACENZA 0-3 [ 1st Match 1-3 ]
    NOVARA: Möllers, Murphy 8, Rosso 6, Lombardo 2, Milos 6, Tokarska 1, Paris(L), Kim, Vanzurova 4, Casillo 3
    PIACENZA: Ferretti, Van Hecke 11, L.Bosetti 9, Meijners 17, Leggeri 6, De Kruijf 8, Sansonna(L)
    http://www.legavolleyfemminile…noGaraA2.asp?IdGara=81306

FINAL
    Rebecchi Nordmeccanica Piacenza - Unendo Yamamay Busto Arsizio

• What a difference in terms of spiking: Piacenza 51% - Novara 29% :white: even Rosso has weak spiking stats, though she kept reception on good level... according to stats Meijners is MVP of match :teach:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Setter was an experiment during a NT-summer (Selinger-era). She played at least one full season OH (Schwerin) and one full season Opp (Amstelveen).

Back then she left Schwerin after half of the season because she didn't get along with Edwin Benne. So it was only half a season OH ;) But therefore she had already played receiving OPP (MB-style) in Münster some years before.

i couldnt watch the match but the attacks seem to be pretty soft,dont they?

Well it was a 2.5 hour match with loads of long rallies, of course the players couldn't hit every ball with full power. But there have been fairly enough power hits.

• @ Emil

5th set is already @ YouTube :drink: :drink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olREVQRB5Gg Buijs :super: :super: :super:

If I remember correctly, the YouTube-account belongs to one of our forum-users :teach: (not me) :win:

• Mari also played as MB in the beginning of her career (and also in a few matches in Pesaro), then OPP, then OH. And also, in GP 2010, Ze used her a few times as setter for 5x1 inversions :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• One more comment about yesterday: if Ferretti always played like that, I'd never say a bad word about her :!:
    I love all the trickshots she does in the middle with Leggeri, you don't see that a lot nowadays. Too bad she only does it when the team has a comfortable lead...but I won't complain, she is certainly capable of playing a very enjoyable style!

• One more comment about yesterday: if Ferretti always played like that, I'd never say a bad word about her :!:
    I love all the trickshots she does in the middle with Leggeri, you don't see that a lot nowadays. Too bad she only does it when the team has a comfortable lead...but I won't complain, she is certainly capable of playing a very enjoyable style!

Finally you saw it! Better late than never.. :D
    It's at least 5 years she is the best Italian setter

• I've always known her abilities, my concern is just that her game becomes very "conservative" (aka "boring") in tight matches when she ends up completely forgetting the middle and alternating just between 4, 2 and 6. If she always played the way she does when her team leads, I'd never complain. A bit of risk makes the game more interesting even if it sometimes goes wrong...

EDIT: For example this attack (at 1:50) :super: :obey:
    http://youtu.be/RpTKkho4Sek?t=1m50s

• Tonight 1st game in Serie A Finals... :drink: :drink: :drink:

20.30 Piacenza-Busto Arsizio, RAI Sport 1

I hope Busto will take the Scudetto :teach:

#tuttinsiemebusto :super: :super:

• Ok, 10 minutes to go....

#tuttinsiemebusto :super: :super:

• I hope Busto can show more resistance than Novara against Piacenza...Piacenza certainly favourite but Busto can play without pressure, they already surprised everyone by reaching the final :win:

Busto has improved a lot recently...In my opinion the chances are 60-40 for Piacenza, so I really think Busto has more than a little chance to take the Scudetto :win:

Edit: streams are not working yet :sos: :sos: